StarCraft® II

[Zealot Frenzy] Footmen Frenzy

wooooooooo thanks now i know my guy is nitro
Reply Quote
is there a list of all the items and what they do
Reply Quote
Most of the items are the same as the Footmen Frenzy ones, but I'll probably get working on a Wiki for this soon
Reply Quote
I am working on brief hero guides for each hero as they come out, but this probably won't be finished for another day or two.

I'm posting new archon hero suggestion on forum right now btw.
Reply Quote
@thundrag , Whats your nick on warcraft 3? yea incinerate played on u.s east azeroth.

@wolfhound. Yea sure no problem.. , ill give a quick description of each hero

-Cattlebruiser = A strength type hero with energy problems, He has got a double nuke ,and an ulti that allows him to chase /damage also. So he is hero killer.

-Rory Swan = A strength type hero also with energy problems. Hes mainly the type of hero, that when you get a position, he can hold it ( meaning hogging mid) , His spider mines protect his siege breakers, and drakken laser drill works well with the slow rockets for focus fire on heros. I would say hes a mix between Farmer and Support. Mainly a defensive hero. Basically if you liked the terran race in starcraft 1, where they did alot of siegetank/vulture armies. Then you will definitely feel a bit of nostalgia when playing him :P .

-Fatty = Inteligence hero , aimed at Pure army support . You have heal wave/aura/and stun all designed at protecting your army investments. Because he has no money maker, nydus worm is a perfect fit to give him some minerals at times. Hes number 1 spell is spit, This is what makes him strong, as you can spit targets and either surround with your army, or focus fire them down.

-Queen= Inteligence hero, Sort of like the beastmaster of warcraft 3. Meaning she relies totally on her summons to make money, Spine crawlers ( sh serpent wards) and eggs are sort of like dark ranger black arrow. Then you have mutation to make your units stronger, and a heal, to keep your mutated units alive, or heal allies/friendlys. I would say queen is actually a Support / Farmer, depends how you look at it.

-Nitro= Strength type hero- Aimed purely to farm units .. Flamewave is basically shockwave from tauren chieftan, then you have other stuff like over heat, and unstable pressure. Also the ultimate is quite funny, Just keep persueing the same target with the ultimate, and it should pop the target. Main role Area of effect damager.

- Tychus Findlay - Strength hero, Mixed Objectives , he can either be both support and have some money thanks to grenade to farm a tech. his chaingun focus is great, if you somehow come from behind the target, try to shoot the target into your friendly allys army or something. Also stepping into and piloting the mighty Odin robot never gets dull :P .. So his aim is a bit of everything, All rounder.

-Templar Assassin - Hero killer, the jaood of sc2. Get claws and more claws , start focus'sin down heros, and use your ultimate cloak ability to get away from bad situations.

-Spike the lurker = Sort of like Warden from war3. Fan of knifes = 360 pins, Poison dagger = poison pin , Blink = tunnel, and because avatar of vengence uses corpse base abitlity, that does not transition well into sc2, So the ultimate is a bunch of baby lurkers, im sure melee lovers of zerg that want lurkers back so badly will like this hero lol.

-Golem = army Disabler/nuker . Can tank a ##*%load of damage when activating stone skin. =aim of hero is to disable.

What hero is coming next? A.R.I.E.S the robot, and Monta the ghost.

Srry haven't been on forums for a bit But my nickname was superthundrag in us@east :)
Reply Quote
I've been enjoying this game quite a bit for the past week.

1 bug or glitch or something I noticed. I'm not sure if this has been brought up but I haven't read all 6 pages:

I was playing and one of the opposing characters was using Spike as his hero. His hero came alone to taunt us or something. Anyways, I was able to Blink my Stalker army in front of him and completely surround him so he couldn't move. His health was getting into the red when all of a sudden he wasn't taking anymore damage and his health was regen'ing very quickly.

The Hero Model looked sort of like it was burrowing and unburrowing. Then he killed all of my Stalkers. He then proceeded to walk into my base where all of my allies had their heroes and entire armies just attacking his hero. We didn't do a single point of damage to him but he was able to kill all of our armies. He then brought his army over and obliterated our base.

I don't know of any items in the game that do that drastic of an effect except for maybe some of the major Ultimate items (I've never actually seen them used) but this game definitely wasn't long enough to get any of those.

I've only seen it used once so I don't know exactly what or how he did it. Just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Another recurring issue is lag. It seems most people want only 3 teams simply to reduce the lag involved. Not sure why there is so much lag but there definitely is lag and it's not from too many units on the screen. It's always laggy until 2 or so people leave. Maybe reduce the game to 2v2v2v2 for a while and see how it works. I dunno.

Other than those two things, it seems the game is very balanced. I definitely have my preferences on heroes, but I've seen most heroes work well. Also the units seem to be fairly balanced. Marines seem a touch underpowered vs their counterparts but not overly so. Overall, it's a great game.
Reply Quote
i trying hard to remember thundrag, but my memory is so bad . your name does look familiar.

@ siege . thanks for feedback , ill tell you exactly whats happening , and my thought process as to whats going on here, and the current changes im trying to implement.

okay at the lurker issue where he wasn't taking any damage. This is something i attempted to fix day before yesterday, but if its still happening , ill have to rework the entire armor system. You see whats happening is that, sc2 uses a completely different armor system compared to warcraft 3. Sc2 deals in absolute values, whereas warcraft 3 deals in Percentages when considering armor on a unit. currently im using the sc2 default own.. which is hardly optimal at best. Because sc2 armor system is heavily flawed. Meaning it either makes low damage units do practically no damage if there armor is on par with the attack of the attacker, or it makes extremely high damage units like Thors seem very strong. cause the armor system doesn't do much. In patch day before yesterday, i tried to drastically lower the armor gain of heroes. I'm guessing lurker being agility at that point in time + the old armor values, meant all low tier units had their attacks completely negated. Thats probably why spike was taking no damage at that time ( again i tried to fix this )

What i want to do in the future and when i find out how to do it, is to make a Warcraft 3 armor system instead for heroes, but theres a number of obstacles i face with it, so it will take quiteeeeeeee some time. So for the time being, We using this armor system till i figure out how to do war3 armor system , as thats alot better suited for this type of gametype.

-@ the lag issue , Ive tried my hardest to make spells not spam to much sfx when casting. For older pc's i highly recommend playing the game on Low /medium settings. In any map it can get quite laggy when theirs a ton of stuff on the screen at once :P.

What also can be causing lag, is the fact that blizzards entire experience share system did not work . So i was forced to trigger the entire thing, because using the default experience system was causing Enemy heros to level from your kills too. this is a known 100% bug that i cannot fix. The only work around is to fully trigger it, thats what i did, so im not quite sure, but the triggers could be causing about 10% of the lag in the game, cause it needs to run everytime a unit dies to give experience to the proper targets.

Hopefully when blizzard fixes veterancy share filters. I can remove my entire triggered experience system, Which will reduce the horsepower needed to play a game like this ( its quite chaotic :D) for the time being, play it on medium/low settings all the way.

thanks for the feedback , im trying hard to reach some balanced gameplay, I think im almost there , but not quite yet, ( the map is just over 1 week old) .. The next patch i have coming with 2 heros, addresses alot of balance stuff, Such as zealots charge is getting a cooldown time increase, all tier 3'/4's are getting a slight damage decrease, and stalkers getting a 1 range decrease. i will take another stab at the armor gain of heros when they level, and see if i can get some better values to use.

You guys gonna love A.R.I.E.S the robot hero , trust me, sexy as hell LOL .

Keep playing guys, and posting your feedback, I will address any balance concern. As thats my primary aim.
Edited by Turel on 10/9/2010 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
WE all want a siege breaker Hero!! xD
Reply Quote
@Turel

I really don't think it was an armor issue and I do understand the way the armor works from making my own custom maps. The hero WAS taking damage and was getting close to death by my Stalkers but then all of a sudden stopped taking damage and quickly (but not instantly) regained all of it's health and proceeded to take no further damage for the duration of the match (maybe 2 or 3 minutes). And it wasn't just basic level units that were attacking him. There were 3 heroes attacking as well. Still no damage.

His model looked like it was glitching between burrow and unburrow though the animation didn't complete. The model was basically ducking as if to burrow and then resetting quickly. It looked like it was twitching basically.

Now granted, I only saw this once. It may not be a recurring issue but it is something to look for in the future. I will see if I can recreate it somehow and let you know about my results.

The lag is there when the game starts and doesn't go away until 2 or so players leave the game. It has no bearing on how many units are on the screen and judging from the chat, everyone experiences the lag at the same time, so I doubt it's individual graphics settings.

It seems more like it's a recurring trigger like one of the "every 2.0 seconds" type triggers or maybe some of the Event Triggers that cause massive amounts of network traffic like tracking mouse coordinates or when a button is clicked. Not sure how many of those (if any) you have but I would look into that.

I'm excited about a new hero to try. I love the difference between all of the heroes. They take different strategies to win but all seem fairly balanced.
Reply Quote
ill see about a siege breaker hero, i got my hands tied up on these 2 heroes i doing right now :P

-at the lurker, yea i have no idea what it is, did you check to see if the user had a "health potion" ? that can recover life instantly.

-at the burrow thing, Its not really a burrow.. What it basically is .. in the data editor i did "ability target" with effect "teleport" , thats it. the animation you see is a natural one that comes with the lurker. So i set up the lurker actor to play animation burrow at the "sourcecaststart" time period of the spell.

so if you was thinking that i was actually using 2 units for this which might have caused the bug? , that isnt the case . If you somehow manage to replicate the bug you are referring to , tell me right away an ill fix :)

@ the lag.. I honestly use no triggers other than the experience share trigger when a unit dies, that loops threw all the units in the game and gives the appropriate Xp from the dying unit, since each unit gives a different amount of experience , the only other trigger i use is the win/loose one" , thats it basically... All the spawning of units i did in the data editor. And all the spells are done in the data editor too. , My trigger section is practically empty, so i can guarantee 100% i have no periodic triggers running at all .

i heard long ago that the "wait for player " on load screen could cause something like this ( if its happening) . where it might cause some players to be out of sync when the game starts, which causes lag for them, It was happening in beta to alot of the custom maps, did they fix this? if not ill put in the "wait for player to press any key" at the load screen, .

i really dont want to use it though, cause some ppl might go afk, and cause alot of grieving to the players that have already loaded the map.
Edited by Turel on 10/9/2010 3:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can you make another hero,similar to the queen,but all the spells are summons?I'd love to see a full fledged summoning hero :)

And for the marines,possibly use the war pig model?Because war pigs look epic!

Also,Tychus is quite overpowered.I've never used him before,but I have played soooo many games where there is a Tychus and you can't kill him, even when all of the armies are attacking him at once!Please nerf this mother fudger >_>
Reply Quote
A summon-based hero is currently in the works.

There is discussion on Tychus being too good and I believe his Grenade spell is being nerfed.
Reply Quote
yea tychus is getting nerfed , .. currently there is a patch in progress with a gazillion things getting nerfed/changed. Its taking a while to do.

I said i have 2 heros in the making, but i will only be able to do 1 for now, since theres a %***load of balance to address first. Keep playing, and dont worry.. that %#*!a will be nerfed. If you have some more feedback, hit us up at the site, Monta for e.g did up a huge list of stuff to change.. Anybody is welcome to submit thier feedback for criticism at the forum, and if most ppl agree it need change, will do.
Reply Quote
A summon-based hero is currently in the works.

There is discussion on Tychus being too good and I believe his Grenade spell is being nerfed.
Omg thank you!I just started playing this game last night and it's already my favorite custom map.I hope it gets on page one soon,it's only about 4 away!

And thank you for the Tychus nerf. :D
Reply Quote
Someone ported the war3 armor system, no idea if it's something you could easily add to yours or not though

http://forums.sc2mapster.com/resources/tutorials/9853-triggers-data-warcraft-3-armor-system/
Reply Quote
@Turel I've tried to replicate the Spike issue but haven't successfully done it yet nor have I seen it in matches recently so I'm assuming it may have been just a glitch.

My only request so far for the game is a more detailed tips area as well as tooltips. If you could remove the non-used units from the "Terran Units" etc so that we can easily weed out the stats of the various units that are in-game.

Additionally, I'd love to see a little more detailed of tooltips to let us know how much an item or upgrade affects damage and armor. I was doing some tests with the spawned unit upgrades vs upgrading to the next level of spawned units but it's hard to tell if there is a huge advantage one way or the other.
Reply Quote
All in all I'm loving it, but there's 3 problems that I've noticed.

1. Every so often, your hero dies and just...doesn't spawn again. Obvious issue here (though hell if I know what causes it).
2. When you're taking down an opponent's base, if they leave (which they do 75% of the time), you get no minerals for destroying it. This is especially annoying when it would be 1k minerals for the destroy and then all your time is wasted. I get that it's good for your team that there's one less player, but there's a reward for a reason, and I'd like to take it.
3. Fatty's ridiculous against heroes...and I hate him. Not so much a glitch, just rage, rage everywhere.

Beside that, great game!
Reply Quote
All in all I'm loving it, but there's 3 problems that I've noticed.

1. Every so often, your hero dies and just...doesn't spawn again. Obvious issue here (though hell if I know what causes it).
2. When you're taking down an opponent's base, if they leave (which they do 75% of the time), you get no minerals for destroying it. This is especially annoying when it would be 1k minerals for the destroy and then all your time is wasted. I get that it's good for your team that there's one less player, but there's a reward for a reason, and I'd like to take it.
3. Fatty's ridiculous against heroes...and I hate him. Not so much a glitch, just rage, rage everywhere.

Beside that, great game!
Ah yes, number 2 is annoying as well.If possible, they should make it whether they stay or leave, the last person to get a hit on the nexus before it is destroyed gets the money.

As for Fatty, I don't see much of a problem with him. Yes, he's good against heroes, but against a full army...well, unless you can protect the nydus worm when it initially summons, he'll have a hard time.It's great to see a hero killer.
Reply Quote
@siege.. ill try to fix some tooltips, as you can see my grammar is bad.. I guess its my trademark lol. You know its me , whenever you see bad grammar . what do you mean by the "remove non used units"? . just curious .. At the upgrades, monta is doing up a wikipedia with all the stats we are using so yall can see. It would be to much to list all the units in the tooltip for there damage upgrades. Cause each one gets a diff amount of damage. But for defense each upgrade = 2 armor.

@unholyseraph .. Ill check into that hero revive bug. I havent experienced it yet, but i guess it can it can happen ( one part of the trigger wasnt using a local variable so that might be the cause, its using full Locals now in the new patch i have coming, so tell me if this happens ever again)
-at the player leaving issue, i really got no idea what to do there so you can get some gold. Just have to accept it:P , in warcraft 3 it was the same, if a guy raged quit before you could kill his base, you would get no bounty, Any solutions? it will be hard to set up a trigger, that gives this "player" gold, when theres no event to back it up properly.
-fatty is getting a range nerf to the stun. The actual stun duration has been nerfed time and time again. Fatty will now need to be much closer to you, to stun.

@falcovett, yea pretty much fatty is fine, Slight adjustment to that stun and thats that. the hero is aimed at support of army. Spit is the only thing he has to stop enemy heroes from running all over his army and killing it.

There is going to be a new patch either later on, or very early tomor morning. It has 1 new hero, and a %*%%load of balance changes. The 2nd new hero, will come 2 days after.
Reply Quote
All great things to know!

I've run into the non-revive bug a number of times, it always seems to happen fairly late into the game and drops all items when your hero dies if that helps at all. I'll keep my eye out in the next patch to see what happens when you make the switch.

As for the getting minerals one, I believe it was Zealot Wars who decided to implement a change whereby upon leaving the player's base/units were simply distributed among allies in order to award bounty. When the base was destroyed, the units died, but it allowed the player destroying the base to reap the benefits of his labor. I'm sure there are other solutions, but that seemed to work well for the most part.

As for fatty, he's not really that imba, just annoying lol. if you're properly prepared it's not really an issue, I just don't like him XD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]