StarCraft® II

How will you use Kerrigan?

In HOTS you can cutsomize Kerrigan giving her special abilites to fit your play style

So how will you use her?

for me when I play zerg I prefer large masses of weak units to swarm my foes so my Kerrigan builds will be one of these

1 Tank: In this build she will be the spearpoint of my assult. I will give her various heath and dmg upgrades. Her job to take out foes that would give my zerg masses touble as well as breaking open tough defenses so my zerg can swarm in and destroy it from the inside out

2 Taskmistress: this this build I will give her abilities that buff my other zerg forces. To termpoarly make them faster and stronger. That way she can give my zerg spear the exra push it needs to overcome foes
Edited by Darkan on 8/7/2012 3:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
As little as possible, and getting her out of that damn ghost suit ASAP so she can be Zerg again. With my luck, though, that'll be a plot point.
Reply Quote
Same as LeadfootSlim. That ghost suit look awful with blue lines and silver color. She's better off being Queen of Blades...Long live the Swarms!
Reply Quote
08/07/2012 05:20 PMPosted by LeadfootSlim
As little as possible, and getting her out of that damn ghost suit ASAP so she can be Zerg again. With my luck, though, that'll be a plot point.

Same as LeadfootSlim. That ghost suit look awful with blue lines and silver color. She's better off being Queen of Blades...Long live the Swarms

it is considence that you both want Kerrigan re infested AND you both have zerg avatars

anyway I agree the infestation is part of what makes Kerrigan Kerrigan

oh another build

3 Broodmother: this is better for the higher difficulty as sending kerriagn into the front lines could be a disaster if the assult is bothced and she cant get out in time

the broodmother build allows her to hold down the fort back at the hive

this build gives her abilites that will make her support base production, speed boost to drones, more larva etc

however dont think she wont get to kill anything the broodmother is also designed for base defence such as more health and DMG as well as abilites such as the ability to heal structures

Edit: just found out you can respawn her at tha hatchery
Edited by Darkan on 8/9/2012 5:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We've seen two ablities from two foci each, and they're still in the works.
So while I can understand speculation, ablities like "increases damage of all units by 3" kind of have an obvious direction.
We can change Kerrigan's focus between missions, and it seems we will be encouraged to do so, so I'm just going to do the Zerg thing and adapt as the situation needs.

Also, why would you not want to use Kerrigan?
"These engagements are a good guide to how Kerrigan will work throughout the campaign; put simply, your forces don't have the brute strength at this stage to attack such positions head-on... "
It has been alluded to that the game will be very difficult if you do not use Kerrigan intelligently. I hope this is true, but only to a degree that the rest of your army doesn't feel eclipsed. I think it will be all right.
Edited by Fawxkitteh on 8/7/2012 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
As little as possible, and getting her out of that damn ghost suit ASAP

I read up to this point and started laughing. :)

On topic, I tend to prefer passive buffs when possible (I'm lousy at multitasking), so I'll likely be using her as a tank when possible.
Reply Quote
Early-game map control and scouting and, when the opportunity arises, one-woman ninja force.
Reply Quote
mass kerrigans and void rays
Reply Quote
As little as possible, and getting her out of that damn ghost suit ASAP so she can be Zerg again.

Yep.. no more ghost Kerrigan. Any choice I make will be for the swarm! Although I may not kill innocents unless there is some direct benefit. I mean, I'll play her true neutral and not evil.

As far as gameplay... I'd prefer her be a support character rather than a tank. Large swarms of zerg untis with either her passives or some kind of aoe casting.
Edited by SirCharlesII on 8/10/2012 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It has been alluded to that the game will be very difficult if you do not use Kerrigan intelligently.

Sounds like a challenge to me! :D
Reply Quote
Stealth, if given the choice.
Reply Quote
Kerrigan? What's a Kerrigan? Just 13 minute roach rush every map.
Reply Quote
Well I will be going for the offensive types. I like swarming a well but i find teh idea of the swarmlings silly. If you read it, it actually requires 2 food to get them. Now in a short run that is fine, you get 9 from 3 larvae instead of 6. But in the long run. You are spending 2 food for 3 or 2 food for 4.

RAPTORS FTW!

As for others i havn't seen all the evolutions yet but i think for kerrigan i will be making her a tank and be a frontline assaulter in my army.
Reply Quote
Well I will be going for the offensive types. I like swarming a well but i find teh idea of the swarmlings silly. If you read it, it actually requires 2 food to get them. Now in a short run that is fine, you get 9 from 3 larvae instead of 6. But in the long run. You are spending 2 food for 3 or 2 food for 4.

RAPTORS FTW!

As for others i havn't seen all the evolutions yet but i think for kerrigan i will be making her a tank and be a frontline assaulter in my army.

each zergling is .5 supply, so your first one will cost 2 supply for 3 and the third one would take your supply up to to a total of 3. So you pay the same amount of supply it's just that the first investment costs that extra half rounded up
Reply Quote
I hope you don't have to use her at all if you don't want to. I HATE hero units in games.
Reply Quote
As often as I can.
Reply Quote
08/07/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Darkan
3 Broodmother: this is better for the higher difficulty as sending kerriagn into the front lines could be a disaster if the assult is bothced and she cant get out in time

methinks you are under the delusion that kerrigan can die. she can't, she'll res at the nearest hatch.

i'll use her in a small strike force, esp. a brofestor squad, and build behind her so i can endlessly sac her onnly to get her back 5 m away
Reply Quote
BACK TO ZERG SARAH THAT ARTIFACT GO NO !@#$ ON YOU
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]