Testing Balance Changes

My biggest problem with the proposed creep tumor radius nerf is

ithat it actually changes something about my race in a negative way and i'm not used to that

Except that zerg's most crucial unit, the infestor, has had its speed decreased, NP's range and duration decreased, fungal's damage output decreased, and its rooting time decreased (last one is a buff vs terran nerf vs protoss).

08/21/2012 01:44 AMPosted by SgtSlick
WOW, they are rethinking because zergs didn't perfrom all that well in the last tournament or two. How can they honestly make decisions like that based on the individual performances of particular players.. Seems totally flawed to do that.

Actually it's been the entire month of August so far. I guess terrans finally realized that they don't need to proxy, bunker rush, or brute-force drone kills with hellions to win games. What's funny is how people keep talking about how amazing Taeja is, when the majority of what he's doing is just pushing back for later timings and going for contains over suiciding units in a feeble attempt to kill drones.
Edited by GameOfDrones on 8/23/2012 1:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This patch needs to go through, just because bad foreign zerg players can not beat the best terran players in the world does not mean zerg does not need a nerf. Watching Zerg players with terrible army control and horrible decision making should not be rewarded with another buff.
Reply Quote
typical David Kim, he's so scared to even hurt the toe of a zergling let alone nerfing the creep.

omg, scrub Zergs didn't perform well in the last 2 tournaments, don't nerf them.

Terrans don't perform well in 2 months, it's alrite.

More like, omg terrans are doing somewhat poorly after a patch changed the metagame for early game zvt, maybe we should nerf zerg.

Oh wait, that would be retarded.
Edited by GameOfDrones on 8/23/2012 4:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote

More like, omg terrans are doing somewhat poorly after a patch changed the metagame for early game zvt, maybe we should nerf zerg.

Oh wait, that would be retarded.

No, its about ruining the most enjoyed and spectated matchup in starcraft 2. Now it revolves around taking 3 bases if zerg did not gas and a hellion banshee build. Before all the nerfs Terran's were doing all sort of cool builds like bf hellion drops, 2 base tank push, hellion marine medivac drops,reaper expand, 2 rax, etc.
Reply Quote
08/23/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Memadbyte
bf hellion drops, 2 base tank push, hellion marine medivac drops,reaper expand, 2 rax, etc.

You realize that all of those builds except 2 rax and reaper expand are still entirely viable?
Reply Quote
08/23/2012 05:15 AMPosted by GameOfDrones
bf hellion drops, 2 base tank push, hellion marine medivac drops,reaper expand, 2 rax, etc.

You realize that all of those builds except 2 rax and reaper expand are still entirely viable?
Not on a 2 base timing, the new queens and creep will counter them all.
Reply Quote
08/23/2012 06:48 AMPosted by Memadbyte

2 base timings are entirely unaffected by queen change. Creep has no affect on drop plays, and if you're going for a tank timing or hellion timing, odds are you have hellions early enough to contain and delay creep spread.

Taeja does 2 base timings all the time, have you seen his TvZ winrate recently?
Reply Quote
08/23/2012 02:08 PMPosted by GameOfDrones

2 base timings are entirely unaffected by queen change. Creep has no affect on drop plays, and if you're going for a tank timing or hellion timing, odds are you have hellions early enough to contain and delay creep spread.

Taeja does 2 base timings all the time, have you seen his TvZ winrate recently?
What 2 base timings? hellion banshee is about killing as many drones as possible if he does manage to kill the third the zerg played really bad. the new queens effect drop play because zerg can take a faster third and queens are much stronger in battle. by the time the drop comes zerg will have a strong enough army to stop it.
Reply Quote
I am curious as to why Blizzard is so hesitant for a Terran buff but butcher snipe and buff queens suddenly.
Reply Quote
08/24/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Giggles
I am curious as to why Blizzard is so hesitant for a Terran buff but butcher snipe and buff queens suddenly.

when dustin browder runs the show that is what will happen.

For example he said his team was "excited" that terrans were losing tournaments after the zerg patch. The guy is simply biased.
Edited by DaveRoid on 8/24/2012 9:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Terran won't get a buff ever, it's not going to happen. I really don't think Blizzard cared about WoL anymore, they're more concerned with buffing Zerg in HoTS.
Reply Quote
iambrooks is not at home. but you can talk to him at
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]