StarCraft® II

Testing Balance Changes

Can someone tell me why debuffing protoss and buffing terran? Protoss has the less efficient army and cost more.Hight templar has no energy boost.Carrier has 4 interceptor.You can only build one mothership you think it enought.You give unlimited vision and detection to terran and now buffing raven speed caus they dont use it?They dont need it!And now the only small unit that is slow is the High templar and what you gonna do after that??Give back the energy buff...
Edited by Klied on 8/8/2012 7:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
While creep spreading seems to be an apparent problem, changing how tumors work is treating a symptom, not curing a disease. Creation of builds abusing the strength of new hero unit queens is what has led to creep becoming rampant.

Ravens are underused because of their inability to reliably justify their cost; giving them better engines may not change that quality.
Reply Quote
I tested the new patch and it seems that the creep spread change is great, because now you don't really need the hellions to deny creep, you can just use a bio or bio tank push to do that while maybe trying to deny a base from Zerg.

The Raven buff is not very useful to be honest. The speed does help but the problem with Ravens has always been that 120 energy for a HSM is way too much for what it's worth.
Reply Quote
PERFECT changes, SO PUMPED
Reply Quote
so is this like the first buff for terran......ever?
Reply Quote

I agree, the creep needs to be able to spread a little further as to get down the ramp.

What happens if they changed the creep spread radius and build range to 9 but kept the vision at 8?

Then you won't be able to spread to the range 9 cuz you don't have the vision

Yeah dude, just use a ling or a queen!
Reply Quote
Raven still terrible.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
08/08/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Sneakydays
Raven still terrible.

But a step in the right direction. People like Avilo screamed and cried that Blizzard would never consider buffing Terran or nerfing Zerg, and I and other open minds have fought hard to push and prove otherwise. This is what we need.
Reply Quote
I like that fact that blizzard is giving more attention to unused units like raven, and i know this is about terrans and zerg thread but please blizzard, don't forget to take a look at the carrier too.
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Falk
I like that fact that blizzard is giving more attention to unused units like raven, and i know this is about terrans and zerg thread but please blizzard, don't forget to take a look at the carrier too.
I ain't unused.
Reply Quote
Globally, match-ups outside the professional level are balanced, and we see no significant issues.

, Ok then how come like eight out of ten games i get a team that doesn't get basic ramp blocking or econ. Then the team i facing is competitive and dominates how is that not a Significant issue. I talk to alot of other players better then I or on same level . I like the unit balance your gonna do but really Is there anything you can do to improve placement and match up there terrible. I hear you were not professional but i mean don't give me a first timer as my teammates, I do have a team but as normal people have lives were not all on to play together.

Just input Love you guys excited for HOS
Reply Quote
Globally, match-ups outside the professional level are balanced, and we see no significant issues.

, Ok then how come like eight out of ten games i get a team that doesn't get basic ramp blocking or econ. Then the team i facing is competitive and dominates how is that not a Significant issue. I talk to alot of other players better then I or on same level . I like the unit balance your gonna do but really Is there anything you can do to improve placement and match up there terrible. I hear you were not professional but i mean don't give me a first timer as my teammates, I do have a team but as normal people have lives were not all on to play together.

Just input Love you guys excited for HOS

Your assumption that match-making is bad fails once you mention it's in team games.

Hint: Team games are a joke when it comes to balance.

Anyways, the Raven probably needs a bit more than a speed buff to be truly useful.
Edited by Metherlance on 8/8/2012 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
08/08/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Metherlance
Anyways, the Raven probably needs a bit more than a speed buff to be truly useful.

But they need to do things in very small doses, Metherlance. This is what we have been fighting for. A practicality buff to the Raven plus a small nerf to creep spread without directly touching the Queen is the perfect step in the right direction.
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Doncroft

But they need to do things in very small doses, Metherlance. This is what we have been fighting for. A practicality buff to the Raven plus a small nerf to creep spread without directly touching the Queen is the perfect step in the right direction.
Thank you guys for buffing me.
Reply Quote
Master's Zerg here:

These changes sound reasonable, and very effective at addressing the problem. I think early game is A LOT more fixed after the queen buff, but the side effect was a stronger zerg late-game.

This is the perfect zerg late-game fix. The armies are balanced, but I feel like zerg has been controlling maps too easily. Reducing creep spread and vision offer just a slight edge.

To the people saying the Raven buff is not good enough:
Raven is not meant to be the multi-purpose unit that is the infestor. The raven is a support unit, and increasing it's support mobility is a major buff. Now it is better at harassment, and support.

The infestor fixes holes in the zerg's army. The terran army has no holes, therefore adding a raven should help just a little more; especially in the late game!

I'm excited to try these changes out. These seem very very reasonable.
Edited by UltraRN on 8/8/2012 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Oh, I agree on taking it slowly. Don't want to see the Raven get too overpowered and then nerfed back into uselessness. I'm just making the prediction that the speed buff won't be quite enough for Ravens to see any significant use :P
Edited by Metherlance on 8/8/2012 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Agreed.

At least with a respectable movement speed Ravens won't be an enormous liability because of how easily picked off they are.

If they are still underwhelming then we'll have more reason to see their abilities improved, but as is their abilities could be awesome and you'd never know it because of how much the movement speed on the Raven holds it back.
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 03:45 PMPosted by dLDroid
so is this like the first buff for terran......ever?

It's the 3rd or 4th that I can think of.
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Vindicare

Agreed.

At least with a respectable movement speed Ravens won't be an enormous liability because of how easily picked off they are.

If they are still underwhelming then we'll have more reason to see their abilities improved, but as is their abilities could be awesome and you'd never know it because of how much the movement speed on the Raven holds it back.

If Blizzard starts trying to buff the Raven's abilities, then they are going to become OP. :\
Reply Quote
I think the queen's range should be reduced by 1 in addition to the changes listed herein; however, I also believe that the Infestor should be looked at; as it stands now, the Infestor is the most powerful caster in the game, is the most universal caster, and the most difficult caster to deal with -- it counters everything; in comparison, the ghost is completely useless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]