StarCraft® II

[Bug] 10+ second lag at match start since 1.5

Creating yet another thread on this as previous ones have gotten no response & the open ticket I've been replying to for 2 weeks hasn't produced any fixes.

I've seen a couple other threads so I know I'm not alone. I've played without issue since beta and as soon as 1.5 hit I've been mostly unable to play at all because I lag into the beginning of every match 10 seconds after my opponent. Replays will show me just sitting there while my opponent splits workers, etc.

I've double checked all my home network hardware, I've tried using a different client (Mac vs. Bootcamp Windows, etc.) and both clients encounter the issue.

This is immensely frustrating as I've been basically unable to play for 2 weeks.

I've got a running ticket, have posted on the other support forums, and have contacted BlizzardCS on twitter, I've been directed to post here even though it happens under Bootcamped WinXP as well as the Mac client.

On top of checking out all my hardware to make sure it just didn't go bad (magically on the day of the patch) I've plugged my computer into our connection bypassing the home network setup completely. No luck. It's not on my end. Fix it.

Also note that before 1.5.1 (i.e., 1.5 until this morning) it was a 3-4 second lag. Blizzard patches fixes in, and this problem got worse. Can't make this stuff up ...
Edited by Huginncord on 11/12/2012 3:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Need answer to this
Reply Quote
Problem definitely still exists. Got into a game with an 11 second game timer while playing against the computer.
Reply Quote
Mine actually works fine during AI games but on league or ladder it is constant 10 second delay before I am ingame.. Must be a BNET issue
Reply Quote
havin this problem aswell
Reply Quote
More information:
Wired to router
Windows Firewall
No AV software
No internet sec.
Realtek 8111e gigabit LAN Controller Network Card
Actiontec MI424-WR router/modem combo

Dxdiag
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/8/2012, 19:35:26
Machine name: E0764747-8CZVOJ
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120504-1619)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/25/10 13:34:31 Ver: 22.02
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 555 Processor, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 3326MB RAM
Page File: 844MB used, 4366MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Radeon hd6450 graphics
Reply Quote
My games are actually starting at :15 now since I followed the routine in the connection FAQ. I am still winning with my 2 base marine tank allin though :O
Reply Quote
I'm not starting as late as 10 seconds, but when i used to be able to split and start probe production within 2-4 second of game time. I have noticed when i finish splitting as such the game timers normally is around 10 seconds.

TLDR: it appears my client is loading in 5-7 seconds after start of the game and opponents
Reply Quote
I was told graphics requirements went up a little this last patch. However, I still lag later into 1v1 matches than any team matches. Im averaging :15-:17 in 1v1 matches and :10 - :12 in 2v2-4v4 matches.
Reply Quote
Ever since 1.5.1 came out i cant play any game without my game lagging and it never did it before patch 1.5.1 so blizzard fix this because i am not the only one that as this problem
Reply Quote
also in about 5-20 seconds of a game i start lagging so bad i cant play this getting me nowhere and most likely 100 to 1000's of people are having the same problem than me or even worst.
Reply Quote
got the same problem to me too.
10~16seconds initial lag in any multiplayer mode.
seems like its interacting with the server(shows the WAITING SERVER kinda pop-up soon as my game-load ends.)
changing graphics doesnt work,
I ve got 2networks , checked both and gets the same issue.

I play from japan and have the TWKR account ,getting the usual +2~3 initial lag but acceptable.
so im playing on TWKR for now...

seems like its the enUS server problem(just a guess)

is this issue to come to an end? is BLIZZARD going to fix it? need a response here..
please fix it ASAP...plz
Reply Quote
blizzard fix this or u will lose a lot of people for this game and if u can try to put on a patch in 1.4 range people to happier about it and people DON'T lag or if they do very little
Reply Quote
i have this problem in the USA
Reply Quote
I am getting up to 15-17seconds lag before I can select my workers now =/
Reply Quote
Same problem here. I'm glad its not just me. In the last game it was 25s in before i could get anything going, and so my opponent was 25s ahead of me. Really frustrating.
Reply Quote
This is a big !@#$ing issue and I've seen a TON of people complaining about it. Things like this are GUARANTEES to put people in disadvantageous positions from the very start of a game. At a high enough level, this is a game breaking issue, especially if you are an aggressive player and rely on early game aggro a lot. It frustrates me to no end that someone from Blizzard hasn't said something about what they are doing to fix this.
Reply Quote
I agree Zero. The issue is so bad now that I have stopped playing. I come on to play 1 game everyday to see if the issue has been fixed and its driving me crazy T.T
Reply Quote
not yet any response from Blizzard?
god...
Reply Quote
I too have experienced random timeotus and lag since patch 1.5 has been released. Something to address this should be at the top of your priority. This affects all of your players, and it hurting people's ability to play the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]