StarCraft® II

[Bug] 10+ second lag at match start since 1.5

Let's see how many weeks will pass before bliz says that they still don't have a fix and to wait longer
Reply Quote
Well, add me to the list..... Hopefully numbers speak.

I played my 5 1v1 placement matches, and in 5 out of 5 of those matches I was anywhere from 12 seconds to 20 seconds behind.. The other person was around 80 minerals (or 1 worker and 30 minerals) ahead. I won 4 out of 5 matches, and the 1 that I lost I could have won had I had that 15 seconds...

2010 13' Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
4GB DDR3 Memory
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion

My graphics settlings are on low to medium
I have a fan control program and my fan is running at its highest setting

I really hope this gets fixed.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Burnslough
I just got some advice from reddit: If you've got ASUS Gamer OSD, uninstall it. Fixed the problem perfectly for me!

DIS GUY MANG! TAKE MY UPBOATS <333 thanks
Reply Quote
Time of this report: 11/23/2012, 02:07:27
Machine name: DEEZNUTS
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: p6710f
BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/18/11 07:40:53 Ver: 6.05
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12288MB RAM
Page File: 6100MB used, 18472MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 6600 Series
Reply Quote
Dear Bliz,

Please fix this bug before the season ends. Is it too much to ask to shift some of your team over to fixing such a game breaking issue for players affected by the bug so that they can play at least their placement matches for the season before it actually ends without being forced into an auto loss if the opponent decides to 1 base all in with a 1 drone 12-20 second head start?

It's been 3 months+ now, how can you allow such a problem to exist for almost an entire season?
Reply Quote
if anything its caused me to play better and faster...however its happening to me as well, i realize blizz will not respond, just wanted to add to the ever growing number of people who have this problem so hopefully they will fix it
Reply Quote
Wow didn't realize it was such a huge problem. Bump this because this is happening to me as well and it's pretty dumb for something like this to go on for months with no fix
Reply Quote
Its complete bul.l.sh.i.t that they just ignore us on this... you need to address the community. It is making me have to quit playing sc as a high masters because practicing is impossible and the game that I love is not desireable... DEO SOMETHING TALK TO US DAM>NIT
Reply Quote
Please fix this, or let us know some work around so I (we) won't be delayed 12 seconds or so at the start of every match. It's been 4 months now!
Reply Quote
I feel like this will never get fixed
Reply Quote
I just got some advice from reddit: If you've got ASUS Gamer OSD, uninstall it. Fixed the problem perfectly for me!

Thanks Burnslough. This worked for me. After a month of two of this crap it is so nice to find a fix that worked. I didn't even know I had ASUS Gamer OSD =.=

hahah thanks again!
Reply Quote
So what do you do if you don't have ASUS Gamer OSD? I guess nothing cause Bliz still hasn't even released any sort of update
Reply Quote
No fix yet, BUT: you can practice with a fair start by doing some of the mele customs,
like KOTH obs games, there is a UMS gamestart delay that WILL line up all players
regardless of lag.

Also some other mele style games like monobattles have UMS delays while you
pick options so you will all start at same time....

too bad theres only a few koth / obs
Reply Quote
Finally had this issue fix itself by upgrading from windows xp to windows 7.
Reply Quote
I am having this same glitch. Ive checked every video and sound setting to try and speed up the game to no avail. The glitch occurs during the load screen and last exactly 10 seconds, thats how I know its not a hardware performance issue. Let me know if you hear anything, thanks
Reply Quote
I also have Asus Gamer OSD
Reply Quote
Cloaken wrote
Hey all -

We apologize for the inconvenience on this and are aware that it is causing major issues for those dealing with the problem. We are heavily testing the matter and have yet to find a complete solution. It appears that the problem is unique to the US environment and will keep you posted on additional progress we make.

Thanks for your patience.

I play on SEA (i'm Australian) and i start 0:04 every game, opponents 1st SCV is alrdy 50% done and he's returning his 1st load of minerals, and mine are only moving out.

Never used to have this problem.
Edited by Master on 12/18/2012 2:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
Would be a nice christmas gift to fix this bug....
Reply Quote
Still lagging yay
Reply Quote
Awesome, Season 5 now locked, still no fix in sight, not even an update. Should we just assume that this bug will exist until HotS releases? A blue response would be nice
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]