StarCraft® II

[Bug] 10+ second lag at match start since 1.5

A month and a half and this game STILL is not playable on the North America server. On the EU side i don't get this 'delay bug' AT ALL. How is this acceptable for a game I paid 60 dollars for Blizzard? A game breaking bug going unfixed for over a month and a half? This is disgusting.

Edit: just to note, NA is my home server. I live in the US. It has nothing to do with latency/network lag. It is a problem within the US client of the game and patch 1.5.
Edited by upekkha on 9/15/2012 5:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard,

In case it helps -- I just played a game where both my opponent and I, judging by the replay, BOTH joined the game EXACTLY 7 seconds into it. Seems to happen frequently lately.
Reply Quote
I am getting this as well. It looks like my delay is around 5-10 seconds :(
Reply Quote
I have the same problem. My opponent's scv is 11 seconds done and has already typed glhf by the time I see the game screen. This is an issue that has started with patch 1.5 as op has stated.

I have changed settings to see if i get any improvements, but i don't. I have a very fast computer and internet connection.

Comcast 35mbps cable

system:
Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz
8GB 2133 DDR3
2x Radeon 7970
Crucial SSD

I think this may have something to do with patch 1.5 incompatibility with Radeon Cards.
Edited by WickedKungFu on 9/16/2012 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a nvidia gtx 460 so i don't think its a card/brand specific issue ^^^^
Edited by upekkha on 9/16/2012 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Still not fixed and new news about this problem. I can't believe Blizzard has seemingly ignored a problem that allows me to not play a game i paid for.
Reply Quote
bug is still not fixed with new patch
Reply Quote
Dear Blizzard, you've now patched 1.5 three times, including today with numerous fixes, and this issue has still not been resolved. We haven't even received an honest, informative update on it. This is obviously only affecting a relatively small number of people but we're still customers and more than that we're people who love this game, probably love e-sports, and were probably (at least, I was) logging several hours on a daily basis working hard and enjoying something as intense and involved as Starcraft.

For what, like two months now? We've been left out in the cold. This including 2-3 solid weeks (in my personal experience) of back-and-forth exchanges with ignorant CS telling us it's our computer, or our router, or blah blah, and that the game breaking on 1.5 was a big magical coincidence.

I've spent a lot of time and money on SC2 and e-sports in various ways over the last couple of years and have literally thrown my dollars at every Blizzard product out there (I'm even the kind of dork that buys stuff like the tie-in novels). I'm the kind of Blizzard fanboy you find roaming the forums with zealous pride and trust in Big Blizzard.

But I'm genuinely done. I'm over it. It's been hard to maintain any optimism or hope that I'll be able to play this game again any time before HOTS, and that's not even for sure because I have no way of knowing if the bug will still be occurring then.

The least you could do is give us a substantive update and throw us a bone by way of HotS beta key. Productive for you because it'll give you more info on the bug and profitable because it might keep those of us that have been disenfranchised a reason to stick around and feel good about Blizzard again. At the very least we'd be able to PLAY THE GAME we paid for (2 copies, in my case).

Or admit defeat in the face of the bug and at least have the decency to refund our money.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Still not fixed on new patch...

Again, i can play on EU fine WITHOUT this delay problem on the exact same machine. I've reinstalled sc2 3 times, changed countless settings, updated drivers/tried different old/new/beta drivers, and nothing fixes it.

My Comp Specs are:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 3.20 GHz
RAM: 4 GB of Ripjaw brand
GPU: Nvidia gtx 460 768mb

I never had this problem pre-1.5. None of the updates past 1.5 have fixed this problem. Again its ONLY ON NORTH AMERICA for me and i am a resident of NORTH AMERICA.

This is ridiculous. Only one response from Blizzard ages ago and now we've been completely ignored. What the !@#$ is going on??? This is BEYOND frustrating!
Edited by upekkha on 9/18/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm also getting this problem. Adjusted multiple settings, updated drivers and Catalyst, and nothing has changed. Works fine on my laptop for no apparent reason. The only difference between my laptop and my desktop is that my laptop is a piece of !@#$ with Windows 7, and my PC is a monster machine with XP. Anyways, wanted to just mention I am having the problem as well.
Edited by kaosmayker on 9/18/2012 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just want to note, in the 'Known Issues' thread, our problem isn't anywhere to be found it seems. Disgusting.
Reply Quote
Still broken for me as well. 2 months+ of not being able to play a game I paid 60 dollars for is absolutely unacceptable. Customer Service has no clue what's going on and we are being ignored on here it seems.

This isn't just a minor bug that causes annoyance. If it was, i would understand it taking this long to get fixed/be acknowledged. This is a GAME-BREAKING BUG. The game is unplayable at any sort of competitive level. Coming into the game 15 seconds late is a ridiculous disadvantage. The fact that this issue isn't fixed 2 months later??? Wow... This is just pathetic.
Edited by Grungust on 9/18/2012 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
How can this bug still be unresolved? After the abortion known as Diablo 3 and now this game-breaking bug I've just about lost all the faith I used to have in Blizzard. Do they even care anymore?
Reply Quote
LMAO, they still haven't fixed this bug. GOOD JOB, this is unacceptable. They are probably to busy with Heart of the Swarm to give a !@#$, so why should I? %^-* THIS GAME.
Edited by InfernalFury on 9/18/2012 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Another day of no response/feedback on the game being broken for hundreds of players. Disgusting behavior.
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 01:39 PMPosted by kaosmayker
I'm also getting this problem. Adjusted multiple settings, updated drivers and Catalyst, and nothing has changed. Works fine on my laptop for no apparent reason. The only difference between my laptop and my desktop is that my laptop is a piece of !@#$ with Windows 7, and my PC is a monster machine with XP. Anyways, wanted to just mention I am having the problem as well.

Could you please post your DXDIAG's for both machines and clearly label which is which?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Also, for everyone complaining about the supposed lack of response...

Not all players in a game are starting a match at the same time.
We are still investigating the cause(s) of this issue. While we initially felt it was related to low end machines, and possibly running multiple programs, we are still investigating all possible causes.

Source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2267599524#2
Reply Quote
Krundle, that 'response' has been up for well a month and a half.
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 04:50 PMPosted by lovegourd
Krundle, that 'response' has been up for well a month and a half.

Jussayin...

Lotta people pointing fingers saying that Blizzard hasn't responded, doesn't care, or is even ignoring their players. This obviously isn't the case. If you TRULY believe that Blizzard blatantly ignores players or doesn't care about issues of this magnitude, I'm sorry...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]