StarCraft® II

[Bug] 10+ second lag at match start since 1.5

Dude, its been 2 months since they posted that !@#$. No update on progress, or any idea what the cause. so why don't you hop off blizzard nuts please, thank you, goodbye.
Edited by InfernalFury on 9/19/2012 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Still no update =\ Still not playable =\
Edited by Grungust on 9/20/2012 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
still not fixed... sigh..
Reply Quote
So the only fix for this game-breaking bug is to uninstall and play something else?
Reply Quote
man, this is painful.
Reply Quote
I have this same problem. When is Blizzard going to respond? There is no chance I will buy HotS or even continue to play WoL if they don't address this issue and make their game playable again.
Reply Quote
Literally losing all my ladder points to this :( afk till fix. zzzzz
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hey all -

We apologize for the inconvenience on this and are aware that it is causing major issues for those dealing with the problem. We are heavily testing the matter and have yet to find a complete solution. It appears that the problem is unique to the US environment and will keep you posted on additional progress we make.

Thanks for your patience.
Edited by Cloaken on 9/25/2012 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey all -

We apologize for the inconvenience on this and are aware that it is causing major issues for those dealing with the problem. We are heavily testing the matter and have yet to find a complete solution. It appears that the problem is unique to the US environment and will keep you posted on additional progress we make.

Thanks for your patience.
Thank you! This is what we've been looking to hear for over 2 months. Finally Blizzard responds :D
Reply Quote
At least the blues indicate that it will hopefully maybe get fixed Soon™. I guess that's progress?

It's pretty clear that it's a US based problem since when I go to EU on the same computer I have no delay.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
We believe we may have located the cause of this issue and it appears to require a pretty involved fix. As of the creation of this reply we expect a fix in a future major update.
Reply Quote
Finally! Any word on when we can expect the next major update??
Reply Quote
Yea, any time frame as to when I can stop losing scvs because my bunker is 15 seconds late?
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Traceback
Yea, any time frame as to when I can stop losing scvs because my bunker is 15 seconds late?

or losing to a bunker rush because my lings are 15 seconds late haha

Any word on when we can expect the next major update?? (2)
Reply Quote
I haven't read through this thread yet. But I've been experiencing the exact same thing as the OP since the last update. It's extremely frustrating using a reasonably high end PC with well over the recommended system requirements.

It doesn't however happen all the time, and It seems to happen less frequently when I have my setup set to only use 1 monitor. Typically I have two monitors hooked up, so when I disconnect the second one it seems to help.

I've been getting tons of lag since the last update, and not just at the beginning.

Specs
i5 2500k @ stock frequency (3.2)
Radeon 6870
8gb ram
Win 7 64bit
Reply Quote
i have given up on this game until i find out this is fixed 15-20 seconds in this game at the beginning of the game is HUGE makes me want nothing to do with blizzard at all
Reply Quote
At least the blues indicate that it will hopefully maybe get fixed Soon™. I guess that's progress?

It's pretty clear that it's a US based problem since when I go to EU on the same computer I have no delay.

I am from EU and have exactly the same problem playing there.
Reply Quote
When is the next major future update? after another f.ucking month?
THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN AROUND FOR 2 MONTHS ALREADY WHAT ARE YOU DOING BLIZZARD?
Reply Quote
I have the same issue. Mine is 15-20seconds, players always think im afk at the begining of the match, very annoying. Never had this issue before, only in the past month. Not related to low end machines at all.
1. Never had this issue before
2. Dont have anything close to a 'low end machine'
Reply Quote
I'm glad Blizzard has finally owned up to the big and there's some hope on the distant horizon, but really that does little in my mind to make up for how poorly they've handled this. If we were pro-gamers or if David Kim was sitting at home trying to play with this game-breaking bug I wonder if things would be any different.

We also know 2 things Blizzard could do, right now, for every player encountering this bug that has, it's worth saying again, broken the game and made laddering impossible for TWO MONTHS.

This bug does not apparently affect HOTS players. I realize this could get out of hand with people reporting the bug jsut to try and wrangle a beta key, but it's easy enough to verify the user is genuinely encountering the bug and it'd let us, you know, play the game.

Even more viable is that we know this only affects players in the US region; Blizzard could do license transfers for those affected and let them play EU clients. No possible scam here really, no way to lose money for them at all (doubt many of us were going to buy EU clients). I know this is possible because I tried to request it via support ticket and was told they looked into doing it but that because of 'the age of your account and its recent play history' they wouldn't do so. I don't know what any of that has to do with anything, and it's made me even angrier.

You'd think they'd do whatever they could until the bug is patched to let those of us so severely impacted to play the game we paid a lot of money for and have played for 2+ years without issue, but instead of employing this band-aid fix to let us play on EU they're going to let us sit around in a void for who knows how long until this 'major patch' hits.

It'd be bad enough of there was simply nothing they could do to speed things up or make amends to their affected customers, but there IS something they can do, and they refuse. I've never been so disillusioned as a loyal customer by any company more so than Blizzard over this matter. It's disgusting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]