I'm tired of facing the most stressful matchup knowing that there's nothing I can do half as well as the zerg. There is no reason I should be winning most of my TvTs and TvPs and losing almost every TvZ. I'm also tired of being told I'm just a QQer and that I should just get better. While those comments have truth in them, here's a truth for the rest of you.
A smart, resilient Zerg has complete control over the game from the second it starts. They can scout more efficiently than you, macro better than you, defend pressure better than you and be more aggressive than you.
Some of these reasons are not OP by themselves; everything together is what makes zerg OP. Please feel free to suggest more Zerg OPness that should be added here.
1. Unparalleled vision with creep and overlords
2. Overlord speed means a guaranteed secondary scout which is totally free
3. Queens shut down every type of aggressive 111 build with their ridiculous AA range
4. Zergs can instantly tech swap. (ex mass roach then muta to counter your counter to roaches)
5. Zergs dont have to commit to anything until they feel like it (making units, moving out)
6. Creep provides a 30% movement buff to zerg units. This means zerg gets to engage only when they feel like it.
7. Queen ground range means hellions cannot hinder zergs at all. Even though queens don't do that much damage, it doesn't take long to kill squishy hellions and walling off mineral lines is ez pz anyway.
8. Centralized larva at the hatchery means zerg doesn't have to think ahead about how much of certain units they want to get.
9. Zerglings. The fact that a zerg can just intstant remax on these things and stream them across any creep-filled map in literally 4 seconds is just stupid.
10. Zergs can scout your fe - which you CANT stop them from doing (or even kill the scouting ol) and pressure it easily without messing up their regular build. add 2 queens, some drones, zergling pressure. AKA zergs can be greedy while keeping you from being greedy
11. easy blocking of the 3rd with burrowed lings/ol pooping creep.
12. Terran has to spend apm every few seconds to keep up with production while zerg gets to watch their army and manage every economical and productive factor from 1 hotkey (hatcheries)
13. 1 mistake for terran (not splitting in time vs zerg aoe) = the zerg floods reinforcements and overwhelms you. 1 mistake for zerg (moving out of a bad engagement) means they flood reinforcements in 17 seconds and d then push you back.
14. zerg can instantly decide when to build a huge army for a timing in the blink of an eye whereas terran has to build up to that timing the whole game
15. zerg can easily expand/drone off the back of pressure and be perfectly safe
Because of reasons 4, 5, 6 and 8 the following are all OP
16. zerglings. 17. roaches. 18. mutas. 19. infestors. 20. ultras. 21. queens.
Broodlords are pretty much the only zerg unit that is NOT op and that is because they are limited by their movement speed (the one zerg unit that zergs actually have to think about and commit with)
22. Maps are filled with TONS and TONS of open spaces where zergs can easily flood you. Almost every single map choke - ESPECIALLY in the s8 map pool - is way out of your way. Every wide open space on maps is a buff for zerg. Where are the nooks, the crannies and the ledges to buff terran?
23. In line with reason 4, zergs can instantly tech swap in such a way that you can no longer counter it. Example, having not made 1 muta the whole game but did make a spire, zerg decides it's a good time to flood mutas and get 30 of them. They magic box your few thors (which are getting surrounded by zlings anyway) and then kill your pitiful amount of turrets at any expansion.
24. Zerg strength grows the longer the game goes on whilst Terran's dwindles. The buffs to queens, the nerfs to snipe and the ease of spreading creep all make it more likely that zergs will make it to that lategame.
25. Overlords are ridiculously overpowered. They become free (almost) detection, they can sit outside your base on elevated rocks (that you can't see unless you use a rax to float over the and waste the prod time) from whence they can see everything you have. Just look at TeamLiquids's Korhal Compound with plenty of raised platforms for OLs to hide over but none big enough for siege tanks to be dropped on. Also note the incredible openess of the map (moving across the middle = dead to lings) However, seeing as TeamLiquid is overflowing with Zergs it's not surprising that their maps have these Z imba qualities. Overlords are scouts, supply free dropships, potential detectors, creep spreaders and vision providers.