StarCraft® II

Post to for change to Warhound aesthetics

Post here if you think it should be common sense that the Warhound should look more like an AT-ST, or a Warhammer Dreadnought, or the robot from Robocop, and less like a pencil sharpener with legs. The Thor looks cool because it is powerful-looking - the Warhound looks incredibly flimsly and weak, and far too thin and empty when compared to the style of all the other Terran units.

Maybe I'll be infamous for these threads, but I could never make myself accept the Warhound as a Terran unit with its currently previewed design.
Reply Quote
I mean, even just in the original StarCraft we had an awesome, fairly cookie-cutter mech walker that was exeptionally bad !@#.

Also: Mounted machine-gun > Taser-looking thing.
Edited by Monkeylord on 8/9/2012 11:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No. It looks super cool.
Reply Quote
Someone should draw a few concept artworks of their own idea of what it should look like.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
yeeeeah maybe some of us could grow to like the warhound, however i do agree the look as we know it, seems out of place

there seems to be two design approaches towards terran units

1) high tech awesome looking unit

2) flawed, duct-taped together unit that somehow functions as a war machine

the warhound seems to almost fall in between, but yeah I understand why you're not keen on the look
Reply Quote
I agree, when I first saw it I thought it looked horrendous. Definitely hope they remodel.
Reply Quote
The BW Goliaths were way cooler looking that the more generic SC2 model. Wonder why they did that.

Yeah, the Warhound doesn't fit Terran aesthetics. Terran walkers tend to be squat and bulky. The Warhound is too tall and looks like it wants to tip over.
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 03:53 PMPosted by IEKiaph
warhounds look like poop

Well put.
Reply Quote
To be honest I think they are overdoing the walker bit.

In SC1 there were two walkers, the dragoon, and the goliath.

In sc2 there are 3 for protoss (immortal, colosus, stalker), and 2 for terran (viking and thor).

In hots they are adding the warhound, battle hellion, and technicaly widow mines are also walkers.

So for me, I would like them to make the aethetics be more like a piloted A.R.E.S

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/A.R.E.S.
Reply Quote
To be honest I think they are overdoing the walker bit.

In SC1 there were two walkers, the dragoon, and the goliath.

In sc2 there are 3 for protoss (immortal, colosus, stalker), and 2 for terran (viking and thor).

In hots they are adding the warhound, battle hellion, and technicaly widow mines are also walkers.

So for me, I would like them to make the aethetics be more like a piloted A.R.E.S

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/A.R.E.S.

I also agree. I would trade the potential of a cool walker for a cool track-driven vehicle.
Reply Quote
So I took another look at the warhound and it doesn't look bad to me. So far all that has been said is that it looks too tall like is is going to fall over, anyone have specific problems with it?

Personally the only thing I don't like is the asymmetric design of the whole thing, this might be why people don't like it and get an ick feeling when they look at it. It's close to being a very cool unit.
Edited by Tuna on 8/11/2012 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The Warhound does look rather lame...mos def needs to be re-modeled. The art really does sell blizzard games, and just the fact that people are posting about this means that its not unwarranted.
Reply Quote
Another "tank" model will be a nice change. Instead of legs give it trends like a siege tank/A.R.E.S.. The only problem with that is that the model may be too big and the unit will be too strong. (warhounds cost the same as vikings. They are supposed to be a bit more fragile than a thor)
Reply Quote
My first concern about the Warhound it's the portrait... that moustache guy looks sooo weird. It just doesn't fit this mech unit. At least for me.

Also this:

08/10/2012 05:23 AMPosted by PotatoLiSK
Someone should draw a few concept artworks of their own idea of what it should look like.
Reply Quote
I would love to see it removed more then anything i hate it i would rather see tanks buffed a bit i don't want mech to become a metal bio ball.
Reply Quote
The Warhound is horrible, deplorable, far from the Terran design aesthetics and simply very little worked. I could do a better design (seriously). Blizzard already has better designs for that unit, as the idea of ARES or simply shape Goliath or other vehicle because there are already many humanoids.

Urges me, hurry me, hounding me, haunts me, calls me that this issue is addressed, it reaches the desks of Blizzard!

Because I flatly refuse to use an ugly unit.

We need to get this message to Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Oh PLEASE. The Warhound looks fine! I actually prefer it's looks... reminds me of Mechwarrior.
Reply Quote
I think that the warhound looks like an SCV, so why not make it to where SCVs can be upgraded/built into the warhound after some time and research? maybe needing an additional SCV to make the construction possible and at least one command center and a factory/armory? And make the warhound cost like 4-5 supply and make it vespene expensive?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]