Buff the Reaper

- Technical Support
the reaper can't do crap against an early stalker, and its to hard to kill a zealot, and zerglings on creep + speed make them worthless! two marines are more cost effective than two reapers.

My suggestion to blizzard.
1, Increase your security, of topic I know.
2, Increase reaper life to 55 or 60, and or add armor.
3, Increase normal damage. Their tinny pistols do crap against anything with armor.

DO IT! REAPERS SUCK RIGHT NOW, SO BUFF EM OR REPLACE EM!

Also, did I mention ghosts....
Edited by Duke on 8/10/2012 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
well i agree in most ways but heart of the swarm is getting a new reaper upgrade and you just micro vs zealots to win
Reply Quote
Reapers are losing both d8 charge and speed on Hots. I agree with the op
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Yep, they do lose that, and only gain a slow life regen when not attacked.
They lose more than its worth in HotS.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
I think that the reaper should be like a kamikaze meat shield sorta like a zergling.
They NEED MORE LIFE!
The Terran need a cheap meat shield, marines don't cut it.
Reply Quote
You know I'll agree to that
Reply Quote
Reapers should be a pure harass unit. Let them do around the same or less damage, but when they die, their packs blow up (or can be upgraded to do so) and damage all surrounding units.
Reply Quote
I think that the reaper should be like a kamikaze meat shield sorta like a zergling.
They NEED MORE LIFE!
The Terran need a cheap meat shield, marines don't cut it.

the reaper isn't meant to be that at all, and if used as such will understandably be terrible.

the reaper is a finesse/harassment unit, they're not meant to kill things in fair combat, they're meant to hit and run and not take damage. more range would be infinitely better than more life.

and terran's meat shield unit is the marauder.
Reply Quote
lolno.

Reapers are so insanely OP.
Reply Quote
Bronze ^^^^^^^^^^ lol
Reply Quote
What does Bronze have to do with anything? For their role as light unit harassers they do too much damage to structures with their charges. After the HOTS change they will be more balanced.
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 03:03 PMPosted by KBLOB
What does Bronze have to do with anything? For their role as light unit harassers they do too much damage to structures with their charges. After the HOTS change they will be more balanced.

Lol... you're a retard...

Ok, moving on, the reaper in HotS currently will have its damaged reduced, lose its D8 Charge, and its speed upgrade. In exchange it will get a range increase to 7, and a upgrade for fast health regen when away from combat for a period of time.

Personally, I think its all BS, they should just reduce its build speed. After the depot patch, the Barracks build time patch, and overall increases to zerg and protoss since it was nerfed, the reaper could easily have its build time reduced and be applicable. 45 seconds for a 1 supply 50 hit point unit... The ghost takes 40 seconds to build.
Edited by TinMan on 8/11/2012 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You mean "you're" as in "you are".
Reply Quote
reaper expo in tvt is gonna be retarded cuz marines cant heal early game and reapers will be able to heal
Reply Quote
they could start by lowering production time between reapers... or making it possible with a reactor.
Reply Quote
Don't use reapers against P then?
Reply Quote
On the plus side, the reaper will have a range of 7 in HotS. But, there is one more think I would like to see...
08/11/2012 05:48 AMPosted by kavinh
they could start by lowering production time between reapers... or making it possible with a reactor.
Yea, that's it. Ever since the nerf to make barracks require a supply depot, the production time on the reaper has kind of been unnecessary. They can easily be denied by stalkers/marauders/queens, so I don't really see the reason why we can't have them build in 30 seconds like a marauder.
Reply Quote
They're nerfing the repear again in HotS.

They're taking away nitro packs and D-8 charges.

They somehow think that a slower reaper, with no good building attack, and !@#$ty regen will be better than the current reaper.

The whole cool thing about the reaper is that it can snipe a building and be gone. It is a cool late game hit and run unit.

Now it's just some lame unit that in the late game (despite every zerg having a ton of resources -- 5k+ each) is just a unit to kill workers. Its insanely stupid, and it kills everything the reaper was worth getting for.

There will be no purpose for the reaper since you will be able to accomplish the same with marines/medivacs, plus marines/medivacs are much more versatile in what they can do in a real fight.

Reaper = dead unit in HotS.
Reply Quote
At least with 7 range you can actually beat marines with reapers
Reply Quote
poor Reapers..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]