StarCraft® II

Buff the Reaper

I like the new HotS buff but want a couple more hp on it. I think something like 10 would even be fine (smarter people could determine this).
Reply Quote
in my opinion build-able from reactor...

hmmm.

keep the charges that like makes them worth the wait. unless build time is gunna be way less like idk same time as maurader.

Brocks idea for a upgrade to cliffjumping is nice... mabey speed comes with it? it makes sense quite abit too me. I'm sure it was looked into.

Idk i'll really have to speak after HotS.

But right now i'm not liking where it's going. The removal of charges just kills me! I like being able to use them to knock out pylons and zerg tech while hitting with my main force somewhere. Now only workers and kitting are applicable.

honestly so many ways to look at it I've just recently been looking at the new units. Mildly disappointed for terran but i will admit i must wait to see.

srry for spelling and grammar errors if any (:
Reply Quote
Bring back d-8 charges
Reply Quote
No one can explain to me why reapers, a tier one early game harassing unit should have the ability to snipe buildings. It was for that reason that reapers got nerfed in the first place. Can you name one other unit in the game that can come out that early, move that fast and take down buildings? D8 were op and make less sense then most other reaper buffs.
Reply Quote
I think the balance team is already busy focusing on HOTS Beta testing, obviously the reaper in HOTS is very strong coming with Combat Drugs right off the get-go. Also, reapers are meant to be a harassment unit, once the bigger, armored units (marauder, stalker, roach) come out you should have (hopefully) done enough damage, and been able to escape cost-effectively. Maybe couple the reaper with some SCV's to build a bunker and repair, and the later on getting medivacs.
Reply Quote
Honestly I think the buff makes them more viable a harassment unit than before as they can cliff jump into their base, kill X amount of workers, flee and recover any lost hp especially with the 7 range they're getting.
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Duke
The Terran need a cheap meat shield, marines don't cut it.

0_o
Reply Quote
I guess d-8's could be seen as op but reapers die pretty easy. Unless it's a light unit or building they are pretty usless. In HoTs they will be totally usless when 2nd tier tech is available with out d-8's.
Reply Quote
The reaper is getting a huge buff in HoTs especially in the realm of TvT. They'll be kind of bad in TvZ but look exceptionally good in opening TvT matches.
Reply Quote
09/07/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Deacon
But right now i'm not liking where it's going. The removal of charges just kills me! I like being able to use them to knock out pylons and zerg tech while hitting with my main force somewhere. Now only workers and kitting are applicable.

I feel the same way, knocking out zerg tech, pylons and supply depots is an important aspect for reapers. Them not being able to level buildings makes their attacks more predictable and easy to counter.
Reply Quote
http://youtu.be/9kK_HBWg-z0
Reply Quote
What about giving Reapers a jump ability similar to stalker blink? Or an ability to fly until their energy meter runs out and allow them to still be able to shoot from the air. Or an upgrade that allows their packs to torch incoming melee units behind them while running away? Give them the potential to be more useful and interesting in a lot more situations.
Reply Quote
problem is then reapers would destroy everything like they did when the game came out. they already destroy any light units with a bit of micro, early armor units don't do enough damage or are too slow to kill one before it takes out a handful of workers and the grenades just make it even better at harassing.
Reply Quote
Not necessarily. With the right adjustments to attack, speed, upgrades, build time, etc, it might work.
Reply Quote
Well, I just saw this (loss of D8 Charge) change while playing HoTS... Pretty upset by it... thought the reaper was going to be useful against a cannon rush. It took me FOREVER to take out a pylon. How about the reaper getting it's D-8 charge back if within 10 grids of a command center?
Reply Quote
Well, I just saw this (loss of D8 Charge) change while playing HoTS... Pretty upset by it... thought the reaper was going to be useful against a cannon rush. It took me FOREVER to take out a pylon. How about the reaper getting it's D-8 charge back if within 10 grids of a command center?

Try killing the probe.
Reply Quote
I think that the reaper should be like a kamikaze meat shield sorta like a zergling.
They NEED MORE LIFE!
The Terran need a cheap meat shield, marines don't cut it.

If you would like a new meat shield :) lower marine attack rates when and when not stimmed :) please.
edit: and make reapers require tech labs ounce more. 2rax reapers is quite strong vs zerg as reapers can fly in attack the queen, fly out heal and rinse and repeat until it dies and then finish the rest.
Edited by LOKI on 3/24/2013 3:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]