StarCraft® II

"Internal Error" issue for Mac

I've been having to deal with this internal error issue. It's described on post 4 on "[Mac] SC2 1.5.1 Error Troubleshooting (Updated 8/13)" thread. The solution described by blizz hasn't worked for me. My language is correct, and uninstalling hasn't helped. I've spoken to customer service as well. BLIZZ, please find a new solution that can help me play again!!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Please send me your systen information after you get the Internal Error again. This will help me see what the issue is.

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your system.log
    1. Using Finder, Navigate to /Applications/Utilities and open Console
    2. Click system.log on the left side bar.
    3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

Submitting your system files
    1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
    2. Send the email to macsupport@blizzard.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.
Reply Quote
Sorry I created a new thread, I just didn't see this.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem. Internal Error Has Occurred. Forces me to reinstall the game every time. Not just on SC2 but on D3 as well.
Reply Quote
Same exact problem. Been having this problem since Patch 1.5 originally launched. Sent my system info. Hope you guys can help! Appreciate how active Machkhan is on the forums. Seems wherever I go I see that creepy carnivorous sheep. Hope this problem gets settled soon, though. Been trying to solve this for a while. Thanks so much!
Reply Quote
I am truly sorry for my profanity but.... This is !@#$ing ridiculous. We as consumers of YOUR PRODUCT should not be undergoing simple problems such as launching a game. For example, although a FREE game such as maple story is simple, it never has problems during times of patches etc. As a consumer, i would be patient in graphical issues or problems WITHIN THE GAME. But i can not even open the game. Blizzard, please. As a well renowned and wealthy company, you should not be having these problems. I payed 60 dollars to play a game, not write an essay about how much frustration i get from not even playing it.
Reply Quote
Mooner, you have every right to complain as i can understand your frustration due to my own. The only thing you can do to still play the game is to sign in to your blizzard account, download your SC2 client, install, and play from there. It's annoying i know... I'm sure blizzard is aware of this and are on the move. *pats back*
Reply Quote
Please send me your systen information after you get the Internal Error again. This will help me see what the issue is.

2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
    2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

2. Send the email to macsupport@blizzard.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.

I sent the info on thursday. Is any progress being made? Will I get an email response?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
08/20/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Powerhaus
I sent the info on thursday. Is any progress being made? Will I get an email response?

I just dug though the box and found it, for some reason it wasn't routed correctly.

You have 2 StarCraft II apps, one on the desktop and one in /Applications/StarCraft II. Which one are you launching?
Reply Quote
I launched the desktop one, but threw that in the trash, and tried the applications one, which worked (thank god). I feel stupid for not trying that, but thanks for your help.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I think we just need to create an Alias to resolve the issue. Try this: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10609

You can then drag the Alias to the desktop. The Alias ensures the functionality of the application is unaffected.
Edited by Machkhan on 8/20/2012 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
...Sigh I havent played Starcraft for weeks because I couldn't figure out to launch from the application folder. I feel like an idiot. (-.-)

Thanks Machkhan you are a wonderful person and I hope you have a great day <3 (Along with anyone else who may have helped you)
Reply Quote
I am having the same problem. When I try to open StarcraftII it tells me an internal error has occurred and to restart. I've tried restarting my computer, but it hasn't helped. I don't want to keep installing the game every time I want to play. What should I do?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey BluScoop!

Where are you launching the game from? (Desktop icon, Dock Icon, Finder, etc).
Where is your StarCraft II folder located?

Let me know so we can look into this further :)
Reply Quote
Thank you for responding! I've tried launching it from the icon on my desktop and also from Finder, but both give me the same error. I've also tried clicking "Starcraft II Public Test" and that worked for a day, but eventually gave me the error again. My Starcraft II folder is located under my applications.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ok. I think it is best for your to send me your system information so I can look at it and see where the error occurs. Please do the following.

Lion (10.7)

Reply Quote
I need you to evaluate my system proflie because I am experiencing the same issues with launching on the mac. This just started today and I hope you can assist me
Reply Quote
I was having the same issue, but it turns out that moving the application to the desktop can cause issues launching. If you've moved the Sctarcraft II icon to your desktop, move it back to your application folder, it solves the issue (or at least it did for me).
Reply Quote
@Machkhan i would like you to take a look at this as well this is extremely annoying and all i want to do is play Starcraft
P.S. running of my external hard drive
@Vladimir ... I LOVE YOU IT WORKED
Edited by SOULLESSking on 1/26/2013 11:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What Vladimir stated is the correct course of action, as it sounds like the application was moved to the desktop.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]