Beta Opt in HTTP Status 403 Error

Posted on technical support, probably more appropriate here hopefully to get dev's attention:

am trying to do the beta opt in so that I can get into the beta (hopefully) for HOTS. I accidentally reset my specs (misclick, no confirm :( sadly enough) when trying to update them because I got a new computer. Now when I am trying to download the opt in, I get the following error/message. Instead of going to the download, it opens a page that says this:

HTTP Status 403 -

type Status report

description Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.26

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/ClXBI.png

Does a blue (or anybody else) know why or how to fix this?

Edit: I wasn't sure if this was for technical support or SC2 website tech support, since it isn't exactly the game but it's not on the SC2 website specifically. Sorry if it is misplaced.

I don't get this error when updating system specs on my second races account... because I didn't reset specs. I have the error trying to create a brand new beta profile.
Reply Quote
Same Here
Reply Quote
same i have two accounts on two different email acounts i reseted my one by accident now i get this stupid error when every i click on download
Reply Quote
Same Here!
Reply Quote
this is happening to me right now, blue post help!
Reply Quote
A 403 error is a permissions issue. It most likely is the result of trying to download the file too many times within a given period. So as an example:

1. You click the opt-in link to download the tool.
2. It takes longer to load than you expect, so you click the link again.
3. ---> You get a 403 access denied error.

Solution: There's probably some sort of throttling in place. Wait like 5 minutes and try again.
Reply Quote
i have waited for over an hour and still get the same error message.i tired getting in yesterday all day and had the same problem. i dont think its a repeated login error
Reply Quote
i have waited a day and have the same problem.
Reply Quote
Also having the same problem
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]