StarCraft® II

How to play offline.

Well, we finally got internet out here where I'm deployed and it took me 3 days to download, patch, and update but I'm finally able to play SCII. However, the internet connection in the DFAC isn't as great as the one in my room and I'd like something to do between meals and during serving hours.

I'm trying to play offline but it says it can't let me do that because all the information isn't downloaded from the server yet, but when the launcher... launches, it's says my game is up to date.

I noticed that the campaign missions 'stream' data when I start them, does this have anything to do with that?

I can get online just fine, it's the offline play that I'm going for.

Thanks and cheers.
Edited by Cheddar on 8/17/2012 11:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump for great justice!

Can't open the launcher to click the guest button to practice my macro game. I click the SC2 icon and it'll try to open the launcher, but it says 'connecting to streaming server' then follows up with 'in order to play offline you must download all data, please download all data'

How do I download all data? The launcher says my game is up to date, yet when I'm in a game online, I'm downloading data?

Blargh.
Reply Quote
Seriously? No ideas at all? Not a single one? Not even any questions to try and figure out what might cause it on my end?

The internet connection out here isn't all that great, and it's almost non-existant in the building I am in all day long. I just want something to do, that something is Starcraft 2, but not until I can figure out why I am unable to play offline.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey Cheddar,

I've sent you an email to follow-up on your issue. Let me know if it helps.
Reply Quote
Thanks Machkhan, and I apologize. I'm not trying to be 'that customer', its just that starcraft 2 is 'bout the only thing I have left to do during this deployment. D=

Looking over the email now.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks Machkhan, and I apologize. I'm not trying to be 'that customer', its just that starcraft 2 is 'bout the only thing I have left to do during this deployment. D=

Looking over the email now.

No worries. I sent you the email because your situation is different, and so the solution in there may work best for you. It is one of those weird one-off situations :)
Reply Quote
I downloaded the file, stuck it in the folder (replacing the old one), disabled P2P like it said, started up the launcher...

and nothing has changed. 'Play as Guest' is still greyed out.

Blargh, don't tell me I need to reinstall for it to take effect, 'cause if I need to...

well... Sad Panda Face. =*(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I downloaded the file, stuck it in the folder (replacing the old one), disabled P2P like it said, started up the launcher...

and nothing has changed. 'Play as Guest' is still greyed out.

Blargh, don't tell me I need to reinstall for it to take effect, 'cause if I need to...

well... Sad Panda Face. =*(

Send me your system profiler after you run SC, so I can see what is going on.

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your system.log
    1. Using Finder, Navigate to /Applications/Utilities and open Console
    2. Click system.log on the left side bar.
    3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

Submitting your system files
    1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
    2. Send the email to macsupport@blizzard.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.
Edited by Machkhan on 8/21/2012 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Assuming Safari will stop crashing, I'll have the email to you in a minute.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
Ok, took forever, but you should have the email now. Slow internet makes me a sad panda marine. =(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
On the launcher, do you have an option to uncheck Peer-to-Peer networking?
Reply Quote
I do and I unchecked it already.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
k. Can you try moving StarCraft II.mfil file to the desktop and launch the game again? This should force the game to re-check how much data is really installed and update the game.
Reply Quote
Nope, logged into battle.net and the only thing it did was whip up a new .mfil file. (-_-)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Darn. Ok, this is getting tricky. We can force SC2 to reupdate by doing the following.

Move the Battle.net MPQ from the /Applications/StarCraft II/Battle.net folder to the desktop. When you launch SC2, it should detect the game is not fully up to date, rescan files and download the missing data.

Let me know if this helps.
Reply Quote
It's updating now, I'll post tomorrow with an update. Thanks again for the help. Cheers
Edited by Cheddar on 8/20/2012 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi Machkhan i have the same problem but if i am not connected to internet i can not open starcraft 2. It lets me hit play but it will give me a error that 100% game data has not been downloaded but when i open it up it says game is up to date. I talked to a guy on the phone regrading this issue and he said to talk to and give you my ticket number # (29940995)
And i am emailing you the files you requested for cheader
Edited by KILLUKNO on 8/20/2012 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Rejoice, REJOICE!!! The 'Play as Guest' Button is lit up!

Oh happy days!

Thank you very much Machkhan! I appreciate all the trouble you went through to get this issue resolved for me! ^_^

Is there some way I can give you a +1 or a thumbs up or the blizzard equivalent thereof?

EDIT:
Killukno, do what he recommended for me. Goto your battle.net folder and take out the Battle.net.MPQ file, connect to the internet, and let it force an update.
Edited by Cheddar on 8/20/2012 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Machkhan, what exactly are the correct steps to solving this issue?

I didn't notice I couldn't play offline until recently; and from other forum posts you mentioned to remove that .mpq file to download the missing files. -- I have done that numerous times and it hasn't worked.

I might add as well, that I do not have any option on the launcher to disable p2p or any such matters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]