Storm the fort and other great starcraft maps

I think people should be recreating maps like storm the fort and maps like orbital death just because they're classic starcraft maps! instead of focusing on new maps, lets look at old ones and remake.
Reply Quote
Starcraft 1 wasn't very balanced of a game, compared to SC2. Most of the maps are outdated by balance.
To support this balance statement, I will point out that in SC1, a zergling could kill a marine 1 on 1
However, I don't care, and I too want more classic maps.
Edited by ZerglingsInc on 8/22/2012 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
With the new fancy galaxy editor, it's my opinion that we should be moving forward to make newer and fancier maps. There's almost no limit as to what you may do in this map editor, so why constrain yourself to old maps? That being said, I do find playing a few of my favorite old maps to be a blast. That's few and far between. But every old map I ever played would not be worth dragging back to SC2 in any way.
Reply Quote
08/23/2012 12:06 AMPosted by mengsk
With the new fancy galaxy editor, it's my opinion that we should be moving forward to make newer and fancier maps. There's almost no limit as to what you may do in this map editor, so why constrain yourself to old maps? That being said, I do find playing a few of my favorite old maps to be a blast. That's few and far between. But every old map I ever played would not be worth dragging back to SC2 in any way.

Pretty much, the reason people want the old maps back is the same reason they're still wanting carrier and lurker to be in HOTS. Nostalgia.
Reply Quote
I made the STF 2010 versions.
STF was a really fun map because it was so simple and it seemed to have the charm of allowing a losing team to make a comeback.
It just needed more polish and balance, which is what I attempted to bring.

My friends have been bugging me to re-create it for SC2.
I've been thinking a lot about it, mix the classic fun with the new features of the editor.

For now I just have a few things worked out in my head, but not a lot of free time to make the map.
Reply Quote
If anyone here has any idea how to use the map editor and the Rp Mod (by delirium)
I would love a remake of RP Feyvern, and the rest...
then there's the Evolves... all the new ones have thors and crap that isnt the right units
(insert qq about how sc1 games are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than most sc2 games that arent remakes that are actually good)
Plus i want a map i can play with lurkers, devourers, valkyries, and a blizzard map that i can actually own people with goliaths, which are way better than thors in my opinion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]