StarCraft® II

Darkest Heart (Open RP)

Tobi Van Helsing walked the halls of the New Hellsing Mannor alone, having just finished a hunt. "The creatures are getting restless. This is the third kill this week alone." Heading to the armory, he grabs more ammunition for his pistols. "I can't do this alone. Alistair!" Out of the darkness, a man who looks to be in his late thirties appears.

"You called master?"

"Pull up a list of the descendants of all the greatest monster hunters of their time. It's time we began the hunt in earnest."

This is pushing the boundries, but you'll understand once we get going. I will be DMing this one alot like Drac does the Academy, and I hope you have fun with it. You are Terran only, though if you so chose and I approve, you may later become a creature of the night.

Name:
Weapons (Will be blessed on entrance and at least one melee is required):
Abilities: (One passive, One active)
Backstory (Must include how Alistair contacted you and how your family is related to Darkova):

I will be allowed more then the basic abilities as DM, but you can earn more.
Edited by Zarkun on 8/21/2012 2:11 PM PDT
^Zarkun^
Name:Tobi Van Helsing
Weapons (Will be blessed on entrance): Argost, Blade of God, Twin Semi-automatic pistols
Abilities: Monster's bane (Passive)- Monster's abilities are ineffective against me, Sixth Sense (Passive)- Can sense monsters nearby, Slayer's blow-Strikes a monsters weakpoint, injuring stronger monsters horribly, and killing weaker ones instantly, Master Monster Hunter (Passive)- Knows all there is to know about the creatures of the night.
Backstory: Has been hunting monsters since he was ten. His father revealed their family heritage shortly before being torn apart by that which he was hunting. Is now recreating a force to protect his home planet, Darkova.

^BcAce^
Name: Edward Livi, The Flame (Nickname)
Weapons: Flamethrower, Fire bombs, Oil tanks (about 2 feet long), and shotgun with flamethrower attachment. Ragnos, the Purifying Flame.
Abilities: Blue Flames (Shoots blue flames that burn twice as fast and spread faster and it's much, much hotter. But it takes twice as much oil and burns through everything but his suit and large amounts of diamond.) Thermal bomb (passive) (Using the suns rays, creates a bomb to kill all targets within a 20 yard radius, but can't go through any metal, only skin.
Background: Being a descendent of a very famous hunting family, whose name he never actually learned, through school, he was often a social outcast, but he always found fire so interesting. When he grew to the age of 14 he was sent to military school there he met Professor A. Serinty, the pyromaniac's teacher. 5 years later he was contacted by a mysterious man, who after much discussion, decided that every hour working, he would receive 1500 dollars.

^MarkusDaWise^
Name: Markus Devroy
Weapons: Standard Issue Ghost C-10 Canister Rifle with enhanced scope and a butterfly knife, Zeus, God's Lightening
Abilities: Enhanced snipe. and psionic hearing (allows to feel danger)
Backstory: Wanted by a gang called Black Peace, because he killed their leader for a rival gang for a mighty sum. Tried laying low for awhile but people kept getting to the bottom of his true identity. (The assassin who killed the black Peace Leader) So he went to Shiloh to hunt game for a cover story as an explanation for why he is so good with a rifle. He is currently renting out a house where he keeps his ghost equipment. That is when Alistair contacted him through a communication console in his ship. Given to him by a fellow game hunter that is related to Darkova.

^Nikola^

Name: Entrent Oliver
Weapons (Will be blessed on entrance): Spiked Gloves, Spiked Chains, Twin Pistols with Armor-Piercing Rounds, Hades, God's Death Bringer
Abilities: (One passive, One active): Passive-Vengeance: Deals increasing damage according to how much damage has been done to him, Active-Deadly Grasp: Fires his gloves on several spiked chains, allowing him to constrict, grab, and injure enemies. Can also be used for utilitarian purposes.
Backstory (Must include how Alistair contacted you): One of the youngest members of a dead family of famous hunters; and one of the most feared. Has trained extensively both physically and mentally for years, and was called to assist a Hellsing.

^Duke^
Name: Jonathan Duke
Weapons (Will be blessed on entrance): revolver, grenade, and dagger.
Abilities: (One passive, One active) Revenge Bent, When wronged, will stop at nothing to make it even. Clever.
Backstory (Must include how Alistair contacted you):

Duke was a hard man with a long record for taking mercenary jobs for the KM. He was tall, had dark brown, but graying hair and beard. His eyes were a cold black.

I combed my hair back with my fingers. After a long sip from my tea I heard the bell ring, this meant that the transport ship was at my stop. I finished my tea and put the thermo container in my pack. Once I stepped upon the ground at the KM incomers station, a man approached me with interest in his eyes.
"Mr. Duke, please come with me."

"No, you want to talk, you will come with me to lunch."
I flash my revolver to him.

"Of coarse sir, lead the way."

We acquired our lunches at the bar and I started to ask.
"why do you want to speak with me?"

"The question is why do you. You see Mr. Duke, you have been selected to participate in a hunt. Your skills are know more well that you think."

"Do I get paid?"

"Indeed. a good wage."

"As long as I'm hunting people or creatures, you can count me in."
I take a deep sip of my wine.

^wfawwer^
Name: Adrammalech VII
Weapons: Hauteclare
[link]

Scion Seal Launcher

[link]

(Fires a Seal that immobilizes the monster if it lands)

Abilities:

(Passive) Hunter of Adrammalech- Consecutive attacks grant Adrammalech increased attack speed and damage. In addition, Adrammalech resists electricity.

(Active) Empyrean- Banishes all enemies with Scion Seals on them, dealing large amounts of damage.

Backstory:

The Netherworld, the Empyreal Plain, the World of Illusion... these are together known as otherworlds, unseen by eye; untouched by hand.

The order of creatures known as scions hails from these otherworlds. They are found in many places, in many lands, and they count among their number emissaries of the gods, protector spirits, and even greater doers of evil.

The Scion Hunters are a series of ancient families. Each is tasked with keeping a certain Scion banished as long as possible, relentlessly tracking and banishing the monster that is their namesake. Some work together, others work alone.

Adrammalech VII is the seventh in his generation, tasked with keeping the Lightning elemental Adrammalech under control. Due to the demise of the Shemhazai generation however, Adrammalech VII is tasked with keeping Shemhazai banished as well.

-------

I had finally landed a Scion Seal on the slippery Shemhazai, the result of a week of tracking and finally engaging inside the Makyr Crypts. I dashed towards the prone figure on the ground, clutching the Empyrean- a loop of string with tokens of the previous incarnations of Shemhazai. I extended it forward, coming into contact with the monster. Lightning crackled about me as a void opened up. I couldn't help but look into the cold eyes of Zalera as he reached down and picked up Shemhazai.

"She will...be back."

I raised the Seal launcher threateningly, and the portal closed.

I was bandaging my wounds when a man came up the stairs to the elevated location that had been the sight of our battle. He introduced himself as Alistair, and the next thing I knew I was knocking on the door to the Hellsing estate.

^ShadowFury^

Name: Toria Vorias
Weapons: Dual Steel Daggers, Dual Silenced Pistols, Ares and Athena, twin daggers of God's Wrath
Abilities: Vision of the Shadows (Passive)- Allows Toria to see in pitch black, and able to see monsters for what they are, even when they are disguised as a human or animal, Call of the Huntress-Summons a wolf to fight along beside Toria
Backstory: Toria's family left the planet soon after her great, great, great grandfather was killed. But the family kept training. Toria was a natural huntress. She never really had any religious faith. She was given a message, and she followed. She has always been proficient with daggers and pistols. She is one of the few in her family to keep the belief that there are still creatures lurking.

^CrymsonRaven^

Name: Graal
Weapons Bayonet Swords, Sacara Pistol with silver laced bullets. The silver bullets deal much more damage than the conventional bullet, Hermes, Bringer of Light
Abilities: Bayonet Storm (Creates white psionic energy on his fingers and he sticks them in his duster, out comes eight Bayonet Swords, four for each hand, one in between all five fingers per hand.) Oath & Faith (This one sounds pretty explanatory).
Backstory: He was taken in by a church at a young age, later in life he became a assassin for them and he would do jobs to help fund the church. Graal doesn't know Alistar first hand, but the church knew him. The church sent Graal too help bring Divine Punishment the darkness.
Edited by Zarkun on 8/23/2012 6:16 PM PDT
Name: Edward Livi, The Flame (Nickname)
Weapons: Flamethrower, Fire bombs, Oil tanks (about 2 feet long), and shotgun with flamethrower attachment.
Abilities: Blue Flames (Shoots blue flames that burn twice as fast and spread faster and it's much, much hotter. But it takes twice as much oil and burns through everything but his suit and large amounts of diamond.) Thermal bomb (passive) (Using the suns rays, creates a bomb to kill all targets within a 20 yard radius, but can't go through any metal, only skin.
Background: Being a descendent of a very famous hunting family, whose name he never actually learned, through school, he was often a social outcast, but he always found fire so interesting. When he grew to the age of 14 he was sent to military school there he met Professor A. Serinty, the pyromaniac's teacher. 5 years later he was contacted by a mysterious man, who after much discussion, decided that every hour working, he would receive 1500 dollars.

Edit: Sorry.
Edited by BcACE on 8/21/2012 2:12 PM PDT
Clarification: Your character's are members of Darkova's families. Alistair knows you're descended of a great monster hunter and contacts you for that reason. Also, I require an actual name. I'm the only Helsing though to save confusion.
Name: Markus Devroy
Weapons: Standard Issue Ghost C-10 Canister Rifle with enhanced scope and a butterfly knife.
Abilities: Enhanced snipe. and psionic hearing (allows to feel danger)
Backstory: Wanted by a gang called Black Peace, because he killed their leader for a rival gang for a mighty sum. Tried laying low for awhile but people kept getting to the bottom of his true identity. (The assassin who killed the black Peace Leader) So he went to Shiloh to hunt game for a cover story as an explanation for why he is so good with a rifle. He is currently renting out a house where he keeps his ghost equipment. That is when Alistair contacted him through a communication console in his ship. Given to him by a fellow game hunter that is related to Darkova.
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 8/21/2012 2:06 PM PDT
Need to link your family to Darkova somehow and you need at least one melee weapon.
Edited by Zarkun on 8/21/2012 1:57 PM PDT
I made an edit
Name: Entrent Oliver
Weapons (Will be blessed on entrance): Spiked Gloves, Spiked Chains, Twin Pistols with Armor-Piercing Rounds
Abilities: (One passive, One active): Passive-Vengeance: Deals increasing damage according to how much damage has been done to him, Active-Deadly Grasp: Fires his gloves on several spiked chains, allowing him to constrict, grab, and injure enemies. Can also be used for utilitarian purposes.
Backstory (Must include how Alistair contacted you): One of the youngest members of a dead family of famous hunters; and one of the most feared. Has trained extensively both physically and mentally for years, and was called to assist a Hellsing.

I like the reference, Zarkun :D
08/21/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Zarkun
Need to link your family to Darkova somehow and you need at least one melee weapon.

How was I supposed to know? You should probably add that to the OP instead of just assuming everyone else will read every single post. lol
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 8/21/2012 2:06 PM PDT
08/21/2012 02:05 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
How was I supposed to know? You should probably add that to the OP instead of just assuming everyone else can read your mind. ;) LOL

08/21/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Zarkun
"Pull up a list of the descendants of all the greatest monster hunters of their time.
08/21/2012 02:05 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
How was I supposed to know? You should probably add that to the OP instead of just assuming everyone else will read every single post. lol

08/21/2012 02:06 PMPosted by BcACE
"Pull up a list of the descendants of all the greatest monster hunters of their time.

Thanks for the clarifacation. I edited my post.
Well done Nikola, and thanks. Ace, lower the amount something reasonable, and you're good. with the whole thing, who said they didn't travel to Koprulu too? Approved Mark. Can't wait to see how you apply the knife.
Edited by Zarkun on 8/21/2012 2:09 PM PDT
When are we going to start?
One or two more people.
- Technical Support
Name: Jonathan Duke
Weapons (Will be blessed on entrance): revolver, grenade, and dagger.
Abilities: (One passive, One active) Revenge Bent, When wronged, will stop at nothing to make it even. Clever.
Backstory (Must include how Alistair contacted you):

Duke was a hard man with a long record for taking mercenary jobs for the KM. He was tall, had dark brown, but graying hair and beard. His eyes were a cold black.

I combed my hair back with my fingers. After a long sip from my tea I heard the bell ring, this meant that the transport ship was at my stop. I finished my tea and put the thermo container in my pack. Once I stepped upon the ground at the KM incomers station, a man approached me with interest in his eyes.
"Mr. Duke, please come with me."

"No, you want to talk, you will come with me to lunch."
I flash my revolver to him.

"Of coarse sir, lead the way."

We acquired our lunches at the bar and I started to ask.
"why do you want to speak with me?"

"The question is why do you. You see Mr. Duke, you have been selected to participate in a hunt. Your skills are know more well that you think."

"Do I get paid?"

"Indeed. a good wage."

"As long as I'm hunting people or creatures, you can count me in."
I take a deep sip of my wine.
Edited by Duke on 8/21/2012 2:24 PM PDT
Heads up, Alistair has an interesting story, but approved. Welcome aboard, Duke.
Before we start, I would like to know how we obtain new abilities or if it's random and you decide
Edited by BcACE on 8/21/2012 2:36 PM PDT
Sometimes you earn them from a hunt, and then other's I just decide. Depends on what kind of ability it is.
Ok, gtg for a while.
wfawwer:

Name: Adrammalech VII
Weapons: Hauteclare
[link]

Scion Seal Launcher

[link]

(Fires a Seal that immobilizes the monster if it lands)

Abilities:

(Passive) Hunter of Adrammalech- Consecutive attacks grant Adrammalech increased attack speed and damage. In addition, Adrammalech resists electricity.

(Active) Empyrean- Banishes all enemies with Scion Seals on them, dealing large amounts of damage.

Backstory:

The Netherworld, the Empyreal Plain, the World of Illusion... these are together known as otherworlds, unseen by eye; untouched by hand.

The order of creatures known as scions hails from these otherworlds. They are found in many places, in many lands, and they count among their number emissaries of the gods, protector spirits, and even greater doers of evil.

The Scion Hunters are a series of ancient families. Each is tasked with keeping a certain Scion banished as long as possible, relentlessly tracking and banishing the monster that is their namesake. Some work together, others work alone.

Adrammalech VII is the seventh in his generation, tasked with keeping the Lightning elemental Adrammalech under control. Due to the demise of the Shemhazai generation however, Adrammalech VII is tasked with keeping Shemhazai banished as well.

-------

I had finally landed a Scion Seal on the slippery Shemhazai, the result of a week of tracking and finally engaging inside the Makyr Crypts. I dashed towards the prone figure on the ground, clutching the Empyrean- a loop of string with tokens of the previous incarnations of Shemhazai. I extended it forward, coming into contact with the monster. Lightning crackled about me as a void opened up. I couldn't help but look into the cold eyes of Zalera as he reached down and picked up Shemhazai.

"She will...be back."

I raised the Seal launcher threateningly, and the portal closed.

I was bandaging my wounds when a man came up the stairs to the elevated location that had been the sight of our battle. He introduced himself as Alistair, and the next thing I knew I was knocking on the door to the Hellsing estate.

And with that, we begin.

IC: I watched a security feed as the members of our new force arrive, my finger lingering on a button that would release their test. It consisted of two lesser lycans and 10 ghouls. If things got out of hand, I would step in. "Alistair, let them in. Once you leave, I'll let them out."

"Of course sir." He walks to the door and opens it.
Edited by Zarkun on 8/21/2012 5:00 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]