StarCraft® II

[Bug]2.0.1 Beta Editor Bug Feedbacks

Since HotS 2.0.1 beta patch fixed most of the long standing bugs in this list, I updated this thread to reflect these changes.
The Beta service is not online yet, but we can already test the editor locally.

To see the list of bugs still exist in live verion(1.5.3) and got fixed in 2.0.1 Beta, go to #40
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6398669960?page=2#40

Nov 1, 2012 8:44 PDT

2.0.1 Beta Editor Bug Feedbacks

Current Build: 2.0.1.23925

Last Update:Nov 1, 2012

===Actor Messages===

Actor Message: SetCastShadows
Problem: This actor message no longer works since 1.5.0. We can no longger hide actor's shadow by sending "SetCastShadows 0" message.

Confirmed by Blue:(Tenarsis)
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6231594238?page=2#21

Actor Event: Item
Problem: There is a new actor event in 1.5: "Item". But we cannot select specified Sub Name for it in actor event editor. There is only a "Any" sub name for selection.

===Game Data & Mechanics===

System: Revive Ability (CAbilRevive)
Problem: The "ReviveSelfReplaceTarget" ability created by CAbilRevive would got stuck if the target unit is dead during the reviving progress.

For example, if we give the TestHero a "ReviveSelfReplaceTarget" ability, and use a marine as its replace target. And the marine dead when TestHero is reviving, then the reviving progress would never be complete, and and we can no longer make unit TestHero to revive himself, beacuse the previous order isn't complete.

Workarounds: Use trigger to clear the order queue of the unit after the target is dead, so that TestHero can be issued "revive self" order again.

Provided by Celois:
System: Buff (CBehaviorBuff)
Problem: Buffs which increase the VitalMax would be re-applied and heal up the current vital everytime when the unit change its owner.

Confirmed by Blue:(Tyrran)
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6397860362#3

System: Ability Stage(Actor Event)
Problem: The 'Approach' stage actor event of Effect Ability would fire twice in some condition. If I order caster to caster at a point which is current visable, the stage would only trigger once. while if the target point is in the FOW, the stage would trigger a second time when the target point is revealed (by the caster's approaching or by any other method).

Confirmed by Blue:(Tyrran) in the CURRENT thread.

This bug is partly fixed in 2.0.1, the trigger event no longer fire the event twice, but the actor event still do.

===GUI Lib Functions&Data Entries In Offical Mods===

Mod: Built-In (Core.SC2Mod)
Problem: Some GUI trigger actions/events in the Trigger Editor lack Category Labels.
    Events:
      Cutscene Bookmark Fired
      Cutscene EndScene Fired

Actions:
      Allow Cheat
      Attach Actor To Actor
      Attach Model To Actor
      Hide All Cinematic Portraits
      Send Transmission (Advanced)
      Show/Hide Leaderboard
      Show/Hide Placement Models
Edited by Renee on 11/1/2012 9:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It seems the Arcade Beta forum has been closed, so I moved my bug list here.

And added some more bugs I found in these day, then removed the bugs which got fixed in 1.5.2
Edited by Renee on 8/21/2012 11:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for posting this, Renee. Those are some really nasty bugs I would like to see fixed very soon.
Reply Quote
Also, the value shown in the tooltip status for a damage shield (for a buff behavior) is still incorrect. I believe the value shown is something like 1/16th the actual value of the damage shield.
Reply Quote
Great post, but this is wrong:

Data: Damage Effects (CEffectDamage)
Problem: Negative 'AttributeFactor' Field no longer works in 1.5. For examle, if we modify Marine's GuassRifle effect, and add such line
<AttributeFactor index="Biological" value="-0.5"/>
Then it is expected to do 3(6+6*-0.5) damage to Biological unit. But it would still do 6 dmg in 1.5. And it worked properly before 1.5 patch.

This works just fine. We use it heavily in Squadron TD and I've tested to confirm it. For instance, one attack is <CEffectDamage id="Send08" parent="DU_WEAP">
<EditorCategories value=""/>
<Marker Link="Effect/Claws"/>
<AttributeFactor index="Light" value="0.3"/>
<AttributeFactor index="Armored" value="-0.2"/>
<AttributeFactor index="Mechanical" value="-0.3"/>
<AttributeFactor index="Massive" value="-0.1"/>
<ArmorReduction value="0"/>
<Amount value="30"/>
<Random value="2"/>
<Kind value="Ranged"/>
<Flags index="Notification" value="0"/>
<DisplayFlags index="DisplayRounded" value="1"/>
</CEffectDamage>

And it works fine with - values.
Reply Quote
Thanks, you are right. In a new test I confimed this.

The damage amount "bug" of the negative factor I found is actually caused by another bug: EventUnitDamageAmount().

I updated the list, and remove this.
Edited by Renee on 8/23/2012 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you want another bug to add, I've made a thread about it but just to increase chances of being seen:

At least as of 1.5.1 there was a bug if you use Unit - Change Ownership and the Unit in question has a Behavior with any VitalMaxArray the bonus would be re-applied and heal up the current vital. I'm guessing there is some sort of weird behavior-transference that occurs when it undergoes an Ownership change.

For instance, in our map Squadron TD, we have a "Security System" where you can add "Orbs" for different stats such as Life (handled as a Behavior) and when you select the SS you are given control via Ownership change. Unfortunately, this had the downside of healing the SS very rapidly if people switch between it.

Our solution to this has been to:
Variable - Set VitalBefore[0] = ((Triggering unit) Life (Current))
Variable - Set VitalBefore[1] = ((Triggering unit) Energy (Current))
Variable - Set VitalBefore[2] = ((Triggering unit) Shields (Current))
Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to player p and Change Color
Unit - Set (Triggering unit) Life to VitalBefore[0]
Unit - Set (Triggering unit) Energy to VitalBefore[1]
Unit - Set (Triggering unit) Shields to VitalBefore[2]
Edited by Celois on 8/22/2012 7:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmmm I guess the buff re-apply things is actually caused by the change which is intended to fix the ownership of plyon power field when they change owner?

Anyway, I will add it.(And the damage shield thing)
Edited by Renee on 8/22/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Developer
System: Ability Stage
Problem: The 'Approach' stage event of Effect Ability would trigger twice. When the unit starts to enter 'Approach' stage, the event would be fired, and it would be fired again when unit finished the approach stage.

It is BOTH true in trigger system and in actor event. Is it intended or it is a bug?

This is not intentional unless the unit has to re-enter the approach stage (i.e. because their target moves out of range after they arrive). If I can reproduce a case where it's improperly firing twice I'll fix it.

Data: CValidatorLocationCreep
Problem: A new field has been added into this Validator type - "WhichPlayer", but the problem is, Creeps do not have player properties. So this field seems meanless.

The WhichPlayer field is actually used to perform a vision test. If the player specified doesn't have vision of the target then it will skip the test. This is necessary so that you don't have knowledge of creep under the fog of war that you haven't seen yet.

System: Damage Effects (CEffectDamage)
Problem: “Instant kill” effects (damage effects with “Flags[Kill]” set to “1”) could not kill shielded units properly.
If the “instant kill” effect’s “Amount” field >0 and the target unit’s shield point >0, then you need to use this effect at least twice to kill the target. In the first try you could only clear target’s shield, and the second time will actually kill the target.
And official effects (like “Suicide”) would run into similar bugs too. Even if you set the effect’s “Amount” field to 0 (Like the “Suicide” effect), the damage source unit could still use buffs to increase the damage amount of the effect. For example, give the source unit a +1 damage buff, and the “Suicide” effect would have 1 damage amount, which would cause this bug too. Event with official effect, we could not kill the target properly.
Workarounds: Set the “Amount” field to 0, then check it’s “No Dealt Bonus” flags:

Flags [NoScaledDealtBonus]
Flags [NoFractionDealtBonus]
Flags [NoUnscaledDealtBonus]

Thanks, I'll fix this in a future patch.

Data: CValidatorLocationArc
Problem: The "Find" field of this Validator cannot be set to "1"(Enabled).
There would be a error message:
"Unable to write value: 1; reason: Core: invalid or unexpected object format Scope: CValidatorLocationArc Field: Find"

There was a typo in the min/max value restrictions for the Find field. This will be fixed in a future patch.

System: Item Stack
Problem: The new item stack system is great, but there still some bugs in it.
For example, if item type X has 4 "Start Count" and 5 "Max Count", and I have two item X in a map, A is in hero's inventory, B is on the ground, their current charge count are both 4. And if the hero pick up B. A's charge count would become 5, and B' charge count would still be 4.

Thanks, a fix for this will be included in a future patch.
Reply Quote
Developer
Problem:The 'Unit' sheet missed in the Library lists.
In the official Guide:
http://us.media.blizzard.com/starcraft2/downloads/tutorial/SCII-CutsceneEditorInstructions.pdf
It is stated there are supposed to be a 'Unit' sheet for us to select unit entries. And in the Arcade Beta phase, the Unit sheet is indeed there.

But in the live version of 1.5, this sheet just disappeared, is this intended or just a bug?

Problem:'Toggle Cloak' feature missed.
We once could use 'Toggle Cloak' feature in the old Preview module, but when Preview module updated to the Cutscene Editor, this feature dissapeared. Is this intended or just a bug?

The Unit tab was purposefully removed. It was an experimental feature that never worked well, so we pulled it just prior to pushing the patch. I'll update the instructions next chance I get.

As for Toggle Cloak, that also appears to be an oversight. It wasn't a feature that we used internally, so it slipped under the radar. I'll add it to the list. While I'm at it, are there any other similar node types you'd like to see added for cutscenes?
Reply Quote
Developer
08/22/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Khalanil
Also, the value shown in the tooltip status for a damage shield (for a buff behavior) is still incorrect. I believe the value shown is something like 1/16th the actual value of the damage shield.

I don't see anywhere that the shield value is included in a tooltip. Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing in case we're using the same terms to describe different things?
Thanks!
Reply Quote
08/23/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Tyrran

I don't see anywhere that the shield value is included in a tooltip. Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing in case we're using the same terms to describe different things?
Thanks!

Here's a screenshot: http://imgur.com/p545N

Basically, this is a version of the defensive matrix ability which has been modified to provide a damage shield instead adding shields. The damage shield absorbs 250 damage, however the tooltip shows 16. I believe I determined that the value shown in the tooltip is equal to 1/16th of the actual damage shield value; I posted more details in the Arcade Beta Bugs forum, but that thread is now lost to the void.
Reply Quote
Developer
Here's a screenshot: http://imgur.com/p545N

Basically, this is a version of the defensive matrix ability which has been modified to provide a damage shield instead adding shields. The damage shield absorbs 250 damage, however the tooltip shows 16. I believe I determined that the value shown in the tooltip is equal to 1/16th of the actual damage shield value; I posted more details in the Arcade Beta Bugs forum, but that thread is now lost to the void.

Thanks, I'll make sure that gets fixed in a future patch.
Reply Quote
For abilities, you cannot adjust the Arc or Arc Slop values to 360 in the field and detail view in order to give the ability a full circle arc. The value is reset back to 0. It will, however, stick to 360 using the XML view. Weapons have this same issue.
Reply Quote
08/23/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Soga
For abilities, you cannot adjust the Arc or Arc Slop values to 360 in the field and detail view in order to give the ability a full circle arc. The value is reset back to 0. It will, however, stick to 360 using the XML view. Weapons have this same issue.

Yeah, actually I've noticed this bug too. It's pretty annoying and it would be nice to have it fixed.
Reply Quote
Update: Aug 24. 2012

Removed the 3 false "bugs" about the CValidatorLocationCreep, Scene Editor 'Unit' tab and 'Toggle Cloak' feature from the list.

Thank you, Tyrran and Artestru.

Added 2 bugs about the VitalMax and the Damage Shield tooltip.

Thank you, Khalanil and Celois.

System: Ability Stage
Problem: The 'Approach' stage event of Effect Ability would trigger twice. When the unit starts to enter 'Approach' stage, the event would be fired, and it would be fired again when unit finished the approach stage.

It is BOTH true in trigger system and in actor event. Is it intended or it is a bug?

This is not intentional unless the unit has to re-enter the approach stage (i.e. because their target moves out of range after they arrive). If I can reproduce a case where it's improperly firing twice I'll fix it.

Thank you, Tyrran. Here are some new informations about it.

In my new test, I find my old description of this bug isn't 100% accurate. If I order the caster to caster at a point which is current visable, the stage would only trigger once. And if the target point is in the FOW, the stage would trigger a second time when the target point is revealed (by the caster's approaching or by any other method).

I uploaded a sample map about it.
http://www.sc2mapster.com/media/attachments/30/112/Approach.SC2Map

I guess it is actually caused by some new mechanics of the ability system of 1.5, which may be used to re-validate the target location after you reveal it? So I think depend on the circumstances, perhaps it may not be a bug?

But even if it is truely caused by this reason, I still think it is better to split the approach stage into two different named stages (i.e. Approach stage & Reveal stage) to prevent the inconvenient when we are creating actors.
Edited by Renee on 8/23/2012 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Problem:The 'Unit' sheet missed in the Library lists.
In the official Guide:
http://us.media.blizzard.com/starcraft2/downloads/tutorial/SCII-CutsceneEditorInstructions.pdf
It is stated there are supposed to be a 'Unit' sheet for us to select unit entries. And in the Arcade Beta phase, the Unit sheet is indeed there.

But in the live version of 1.5, this sheet just disappeared, is this intended or just a bug?

Problem:'Toggle Cloak' feature missed.
We once could use 'Toggle Cloak' feature in the old Preview module, but when Preview module updated to the Cutscene Editor, this feature dissapeared. Is this intended or just a bug?

The Unit tab was purposefully removed. It was an experimental feature that never worked well, so we pulled it just prior to pushing the patch. I'll update the instructions next chance I get.

As for Toggle Cloak, that also appears to be an oversight. It wasn't a feature that we used internally, so it slipped under the radar. I'll add it to the list. While I'm at it, are there any other similar node types you'd like to see added for cutscenes?

Thank you, Artestru!

Personally, I think it would be better to see a Property Value node of HDR. It seems we can modify the team color HDR of the actor in cutscene, but not the HDR of the whole actor(perhaps I overlooked)

And perhaps a cast shadow node to toggle the shadow of a actor? (since the cast shadow message is currently broken)

And Perhaps a 'Warpable' property value node which can toggle if the actor model could be dragged & twisted by the mothership Vortex model?

'Toggle Wireframe' node which could render a actor in Wireframe mode etc...?

Oh, It is too greed I guess :)

I thought I had already add it to the list. But now I found I didn't. WoW
Edited by Renee on 8/23/2012 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Developer

Thanks, this will be fixed in a future patch.
Reply Quote
Developer
In my new test, I find my old description of this bug isn't 100% accurate. If I order the caster to caster at a point which is current visable, the stage would only trigger twice. And if the target point is in the FOW, the stage would trigger a second time when the target point is revealed (by the caster's approaching or by any other method).

I uploaded a sample map about it.
http://www.sc2mapster.com/media/attachments/30/112/Approach.SC2Map

I guess it is actually caused by some new mechanics of the ability system of 1.5, which may be used to re-validate the target location after you reveal it? So I think depend on the circumstances, perhaps it may not be a bug?

But even if it is truely caused by this reason, I still think it is better to split the approach stage into two different named stages (i.e. Approach stage & Reveal stage) to prevent the inconvenient when we are creating actors.

Thanks for a sample map. That makes sense. I'll make sure in a future patch that it only re-sends the Approach stage if it is coming from another stage (like Prep or Cast, etc).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]