StarCraft® II

I want the valkyries back! boo Warhound boo!

i loved this unit on Broodwar! and i thinks that was a great idea bring this unit back!
and well Boooooooohh Warhound, i'm terran and i'm happy with my Marauders i don't need more OP units like this unit.
with the valkyrie back, i use it like support unit like in Broodwar

What do you think?
Reply Quote
Isn't the Viking better? Hell, just throw in the campaign splash damage upgrade and it practically is one.
Now, it'd be awesome if all the units from SC/BW that haven't gotten shiny new SC2 models were tossed in (just have them pop up in the campaigns), if just for custom games and because yeah, the Valk and Lurker were pretty baller.
Reply Quote
The valk was replaced because it was OP, same as the scout and the devourer.
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 01:50 AMPosted by ZerglingsInc
The valk was replaced because it was OP, same as the scout and the devourer.

Man, for the other races like Toss and Zerg, all Terran unit are OP. Stop that! the Zerg now have the tools for deal with the Valkyries and the Toss too.

Besides, the Warhound it's really OP so bring back this unit, i think that the Terrans doesn't have good defense Ground/Air. Lots of Vikings can deal with almost all unit, but close range bye! Corruptors eat everything and it's more easy mass with zerg than other race. Splash damage and bye Javelin Missiles of Thors. Mass Muta tactic would be solved with widow mines i know, but mass corruptors for bronz/silver/gold league?
i know, use Ravens with SM or BC or Ghost and snipe them it's too easy! lol

Anyway i say this because maybe this units of the HOTS will be change for another.. For example, the Tempest, uff!!! Sour unit and i don't see it future on Stacraft maybe bring back the Carriers with better upgrades.. i don't know
Edited by Darkripper on 8/29/2012 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Agree the Warhound is dumb but David has said over and over and over again that they want to add NEW dynamics to the game not old ones.
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 10:45 AMPosted by wFeBadOmen
Agree the Warhound is dumb but David has said over and over and over again that they want to add NEW dynamics to the game not old ones.

Yeah you maybe right.. but i don't but some new units of HOTS and the upgrades are so OP, dumb and unbalanced.. maybe something to the old school will be great :D
Reply Quote
I like the Warhound, but it is quite strong. However, Valkyries are old, and they were replaced by a new air superiority unit, the Viking. If the Valkyrie is returned, it would be far too strong, given it's splash hit all units on a third of the screen. There wouldn't be a sizeable counter.

The reason Devourers are possibly coming back is because they are a support unit instead of a mass destruction AoE Air to Air.
Reply Quote
I like the Warhound, but it is quite strong. However, Valkyries are old, and they were replaced by a new air superiority unit, the Viking. If the Valkyrie is returned, it would be far too strong, given it's splash hit all units on a third of the screen. There wouldn't be a sizeable counter.

The reason Devourers are possibly coming back is because they are a support unit instead of a mass destruction AoE Air to Air.
Which is why Valks should totally show up in the final HotS mission. Because that'd truly be brutal.
Reply Quote
Valkyries in BW were not that OP, since they had one simple weakness: no defense vs land. Sure, Banshee/Valkyries are crazy OP but in BW. We had Goliaths, Dragoons, and Hydras/devoureres to take care of them.
Reply Quote
All I'm sayin is, if terran get valks, I want devourers and corsairs(or was it scouts that were toss anti air? it's been a while.) back.
Reply Quote
wait what? devours are comin back?? as a campaign or a multiplayer unit?? and yea the widow mines are the new Terran AA arent they?
Reply Quote
1) Once removed, a unit doesn't make it back. Maybe they could tweak the Viking, but there will be no more Valkyrie.

2) See point 1.

In conclusion:

*covers ears*

"FIRE!"

No.
Reply Quote
09/01/2012 07:23 PMPosted by ZerglingsInc
All I'm sayin is, if terran get valks, I want devourers and corsairs(or was it scouts that were toss anti air? it's been a while.) back.
Corsairs were anti-air/base defense, and were sacked for the Phoenix, which from what I can tell are actually for breaking up lynch-pin ground units, weirdly enough.
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Durandal
Which is why Valks should totally show up in the final HotS mission. Because that'd truly be brutal.

6 Valkyries could technically hold off infinite Mutalisks, because 21 volleys will kill one Mutalisk, and each Valkyrie sends off 8 volleys shooting 2 at a time, therefore making 3 Valkyries can 2-shot a swarm of Mutas.

You would only be able to take them on with Ground units, Devourers, or a Leviathan. I'll stick to Casual, thanks!
Reply Quote
09/03/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Martiny

6 Valkyries could technically hold off infinite Mutalisks, because 21 volleys will kill one Mutalisk, and each Valkyrie sends off 8 volleys shooting 2 at a time, therefore making 3 Valkyries can 2-shot a swarm of Mutas.

You would only be able to take them on with Ground units, Devourers, or a Leviathan. I'll stick to Casual, thanks!

Which is why valks are rediculously OP, unless seriously tweaked. Thank you for telling us why valks got removed.
Reply Quote
There is a Valkyrie model in Heart of the Swarm, not sure if it will be there.

But there is no point in adding it to multiplayer, as ZerglingsInc mentioned.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]