StarCraft® II

1.5.2 required files are missing

I try to start up Starcraft and then click on play. After that an error comes up saying that required files are missing. How do I fix this.
I am running 10.6.8.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
When did this error first start? Were you able to play on 1.5.1 fine?
Reply Quote
I could not play after 1.5.1.
Edited by killer on 8/27/2012 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Try deleting the variables.txt file in the User Library (not system library):
~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/StarCraft II
Reply Quote
Do I all so delete EditorVariables.txt file. Because I deleted the variables.txt and I have the same problem.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
That is strange...

Are you clicking a desktop shortcut to open StarCraft II, or are you opening it directly from the StarCraft folder?
Reply Quote
form the applications folder
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you send me your system information?

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your system.log
    1. Using Finder, Navigate to /Applications/Utilities and open Console
    2. Click system.log on the left side bar.
    3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

Submitting your system files
    1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
    2. Send the email to macsupport@blizzard.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.
Reply Quote
I have doen that.
Reply Quote
I did that now what
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I checked the Mac Box, but have not received anything yet. Can you resubmit? Also, if the file exceeds 3 MB, the box may bounce the attachment back.
Reply Quote
it is a 2MB file and just send it
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
The logs aren't telling me what is missing :(

What happens when you try to force SC2 to repair itself?

Repairing StarCraft II
    1. Navigate to /Applications/StarCraft II/Battle.net
    2. Delete the Battle.net.MPQ file
    3. Launch StarCraft II

This will force the game to see it is missing data and self repair.
Reply Quote
I'll leave this here in case someone else gets the same error.

You're probably missing these two files:
StarCraft II/Mods/Core.SC2Mod/Product.SC2Archive
StarCraft II/Mods/Core.SC2Mod/Index.SC2Locale
Without the first one you get the "Required files are missing" error and you can't log in if you're missing the second one.

I don't think deleting the Battle.net.MPQ file would help because those files are created when the game is installed but aren't re-downloaded when deleted. However, installing the game on top of the existing install should help.

1. Delete the Battle.net folder.
  • Navigate to: 'Mac HD' -> Users -> Shared, Right click Battle.net and 'Move to trash'.

2. Download the Setup from https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/?show=sc2
(Do not use the DVD or an older version of the installer)

3. Run the Setup you downloaded and install the game on the same location it's already installed (Make sure it's not creating a new StarCraft II folder inside the existing StarCraft II folder)

4. The installer will repair and repatch your client but you won't have to re-download the entire game.

After a few seconds and the progress will jump to the same point it was before you ran the installer and you should be able to launch the game.
Edited by eld on 9/26/2012 6:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the info eld!
Reply Quote
I did this, but when running the new Setup program it just stays on "Checking For Updates" and never moves on to setting up starcraft 2.. hmm
Reply Quote
also im on 10.6.3 just updated today and my battle.net file is empty now after I followed instructions to delete all starcraft 2 items before downloading the client again. Now the client is stuck on "ckecking for updates"
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Conkushtador
also im on 10.6.3 just updated today and my battle.net file is empty now after I followed instructions to delete all starcraft 2 items before downloading the client again. Now the client is stuck on "ckecking for updates"

I believe you need to update your OS to 10.6.8
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Correct, in order to use install the game you must be on 10.6.8. Anythign below it may cause issues with some of the tools it uses to install/patch/play the game (i.e. Agent).
Reply Quote
i tried the what you said eld but i still get the missing files error
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]