StarCraft® II

[Bug] 2 minutes to paste single line of code

Hi,

since im not sure if it belongs to the bug report forum or the custom maps forum, ill make a post here aswell.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szEVvQDzxKI&

Original post:

Hi,

since Patch 1.5.0, there is a huge lag when pasting new lines into a function.
When pasting a single line (with just one parameter) it can take up to 2 minutes until the editor responds again. I work with the editor alot and this issue definatly didnt exist before 1.5.0.

However, the lag doesnt really depend on the length of the function the line is getting pasted into. It seems to have to do with the structure of the function, but I cant really tell what exactly causes it.

This is a huge issue because copy-pasting lines is an all-day task for me (and im sure for most other mappers aswell), since usually it saves alot of time when working within the GUI.
It really makes it a pain in the !@# to work within the editor currently. :(

NOTE: The lag doesnt always happen, so it might take some time to reproduce it. Buts its definatly there!
Edited by Mille on 8/30/2012 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've noticed some additional lag myself, but nothing as bad as that. You'll probably want to give some additional information regarding the general conditions behind that video (e.g. which modules were open, what processes were running at the time, system specs).
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Khalanil
I've noticed some additional lag myself, but nothing as bad as that. You'll probably want to give some additional information regarding the general conditions behind that video (e.g. which modules were open, what processes were running at the time, system specs).

Editor was opened a few seconds before that video was done (actually i just opened it for that video), just trigger module was active.

System specs arent the problem, got an AMD Phenom II X4 4*3.1ghz, 6GB DDR2-800 and 128GB Samsung 830 SSD.

The issue didnt exist before patch 1.5.
Also it just happens for some functions, others work normally. Its definatly a bug.
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Mille
Its definatly a bug.

I'm not saying that it isn't. I'm saying that they'll need more than just a YouTube video to figure out what's causing the lag.
Reply Quote
Its definatly a bug.

I'm not saying that it isn't. I'm saying that they'll need more than just a YouTube video to figure out what's causing the lag.

Id love to give more information, but I think ive said anything that can be said about this issue in the main post.

The main purpose of the video is to show how bad it actually gets. I mean, its ridiculous.
Edited by Mille on 8/30/2012 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Developer
Our QA department recently found steps for this and a fix for it should be coming out in a future patch.
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Tyrran
Our QA department recently found steps for this and a fix for it should be coming out in a future patch.

Thank you very much for the quick response! Nice to hear.
Reply Quote
Are there any updates on this issue?

Just today i broke a new "record", waiting 18 minutes for the editor to move 10 lines of code within an action definition. I think im forced to quit working until its fixed. :(

Any chance of a patch soon?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]