Keyboards!

I would suggest the Das keyboard. Although, it does not have a handrest.
Reply Quote
IBM Model M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_M_keyboard

If you can get one of these....
Reply Quote
what i want out of a keyboard doesn't really exist. like a noppoo keyboard with an extra keypad on the side, much like the logitech g13. here's a pic of my dream keyboard. wireless. http://i.imgur.com/wiEbJ.png
Reply Quote
Hands down the ducky shine is the best.
Reply Quote
I wonder why the OP didn't just stick with his BW? MX blues are great.
Reply Quote
cause bw sucks.
Reply Quote
Blues are loud, and it might not be an option for some people
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Snow
I wonder why the OP didn't just stick with his BW? MX blues are great.

I have multiple keyboards that switch between so i still use the blackwidow but wanted a new keyboard as well
Reply Quote
im looking for a mechanical myself. Currently my #1 pick would be the steelseries 6gv2 RED edition. but i heard it has bad key fading + no backlight and after doing some research online alot of comments has stated the red switches lead it inaccurate key presses. And that for rts you want brown or blue. not black or red.

My budget is around 100$, ive never owned a mechanical before. I have a backlight saitek eclipse (original) for a few yrs now. And im starting to notice more spelling errors (keys are not as responsive as they used to be).

the 6gv2 and 7g keys fade really quickly but it doesnt matter too much if you already know your keyboard. it would be like having an uninscripted keyboard.

the red, black, blue, and brown switches can all be used for rts gaming but generally you want the blues and browns. The blues and browns are pretty much the same and only differ by the sound. The reds are a bit too responsive and the blacks are not responsive enough which is why they are usually used for fps games and by typists.

I would recommend the das ultimate/professional cuz they have brown and blue switches and are very good for typing and gaming (both fps and rts)
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 01:12 PMPosted by dangeross
what i want out of a keyboard doesn't really exist. like a noppoo keyboard with an extra keypad on the side, much like the logitech g13. here's a pic of my dream keyboard. wireless. http://i.imgur.com/wiEbJ.png

why dont you just get a tenkeyless keyboard and connect a keypad to it?
Reply Quote

why dont you just get a tenkeyless keyboard and connect a keypad to it?
Reply Quote

or get a coolermaster tk or a plum 96.
Reply Quote
Honestly, can a keyboard make a big difference in APM?
Reply Quote
Honestly, can a keyboard make a big difference in APM?

Mechanical keyboards don't make much of a difference in gaming unless you are higher level (Mid-high Master+). However, I do have one and I can barely play at all on one of the defaults pre-builders give you. Which is another point: if you're building your own PC, you might as well invest in a decent keyboard. Mechanicals also increase typing speed by a few WPM. The response times are much faster (to me at least) and the MX Blues give me the reassurance that I actually hit the key even if I tapped rather lightly.
Edited by Vader on 3/18/2013 5:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
OK so I'm looking for a keyboard like KnoTra was. My question is what type should I buy? Is there an advantage to using mechanical keyboard over a regular gaming keyboard? I was watching the stream and saw how "Life" had hot keys to control certain units (zerglings, banelings, etc.) Is there a way to do this? I was thinking that they used programmable keyboards. I also play other games like League of Legends, Dota, and Tera. I prefer a decent price for the keyboard, nothing too pricey (less than 100 dollars preferably)

Thanks guys
Reply Quote
The majority of good mechanical keyboards cost more than $100. The Cooler master keyboards and das keyboards are some good mechanical keyboards for around that price.

For starcraft, hotkeys are programmed in the game. Every keyboard can use hotkeys.

Mechanical keyboards do have advantages over regular keyboards. They have a better feel, faster response time, and can increase typing speed/apm.

As for what kind, if you play starcraft, lol, and dota then you should get a blue or brown because blacks and reds are linear and more for FPS games. Blues are loud because they click for each key press. Browns are quieter but still a bit noisy. Blues and browns are both tactile. Personally, i prefer the browns over all the other switches but there really isnt a best or better switch. It's all preference.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]