StarCraft® II

Is it only Terran??

Hey all, quick question - is the single player campaign only Terran? I bought it a few days ago, expecting the campaign races to include Zerg and Protoss like Starcraft 1. If it's only Terran, I actually wouldn't have bought it since I'm mainly interested in only single player.
Reply Quote
theres a bit with toss as well mainly focused on terran tho but overall the campaign was pretty good
Reply Quote
Gotta wait for the expansion to play as the zerg.
Reply Quote
The history of how this happened. IIRC...

In development they originally planned to have the single player campaign split up into three parts like Starcraft and Brood War. And then eventually have the 2 expansions, that they were already planning to make, in the same fashion as well.

Some debate went on internally about whether they should change it so that it is one race per game(Terran for first release, first expansion to be about the Zerg, 2nd expansion to be about the Protoss.).

At a Blizzcon(can't remember which one.) they asked the audience which one they would like more, and it seemed that the audience liked the 2nd method, so Blizzard decided to go with that(I personally believed that this was one of the few times that Blizzard just asked us what we wanted and just went with it.).

After that decision was made, there was some concerns about those that wanted some Protoss experiences because they had to wait the longest for their part, and Blizzard decided to add a few Protoss missions to tide those people over til they get their expansion.
Edited by Necromancer on 8/31/2012 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
well you might be in for a wait if your only playing the single player campaign; I'm assuming Hots is comming out in 5-6 months based on when the beta starts; Legacy of the Void probably 2.5 years after that again just another guess, so it'll be awhile if you just wanna go through all three campaigns could be interesting seeing what Blizz considered important playing through the campaigns though.
Reply Quote
They're releasing 3 Games overall, one will have a campaign for one race, this way you get 3 times more missions easily. But you do get about 3 or 4 protoss missions in Wings of Liberty... just further down the road.
Reply Quote
It would have been better If you could play all 3 races instead of blizzard launching new expansions.
Reply Quote
about 25 missions of terran and a side campaign of protoss lasting about 3 missions that you unlock half way through.

Dont be dissappointed though, the great thing about starcraft is that there are numerous fan made custom maps including high quality custom campaigns that you can play.

Theres even a remake of the entire SC1 and BW campaign, just search on sc2mapter.
Reply Quote
09/17/2012 11:43 PMPosted by StormChaser
They're releasing 3 Games overall, one will have a campaign for one race, this way you get 3 times more missions easily. But you do get about 3 or 4 protoss missions in Wings of Liberty... just further down the road.

Just did the Terran stuff this last weekend, where is the Protoss stuff? I guess I missed it, or didn't unlock it?
Reply Quote
Never mind, search FTW! Just found it, "The Dig".. Pretty sure I did that but must have missed the extra stuff. Will have to go back and do it again I guess.
Reply Quote
about 10 terran missions that make little impact to the story of starcraft, 10 terran missions that make the story of starcraft cringeworthy and a few decent protoss missions.
Reply Quote
ummm ya
Reply Quote
they should have something in the beggining of campain where u can select these
zerg campaign prottos campaign terran campaign
it would be a lot funner AND it would make more people play probally pls reply if u think different
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 06:10 PMPosted by DJQuad
Hey all, quick question - is the single player campaign only Terran? I bought it a few days ago, expecting the campaign races to include Zerg and Protoss like Starcraft 1. If it's only Terran, I actually wouldn't have bought it since I'm mainly interested in only single player.

Blizzard decided to release the campaigns seperatly, making each a full game; the Zerg and Protoss campaigns will be released as expansions.

11/11/2012 09:35 PMPosted by DocSlowMo
Just did the Terran stuff this last weekend, where is the Protoss stuff? I guess I missed it, or didn't unlock it?

The Protoss missions are played through the memory crystal Zeratul gives Raynor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]