StarCraft® II

Conversation Catalog Data

I'm currently working on an RPG campaign similar to the old WRPGs of yore (Fallout, Planescape: Torment, Arcanum, etc). An important component of them is their trigger branch-based conversation systems: you initiate a conversation with an NPC, to whom you have a set of possible replies in response to the NPC, and based on to what reply you choose you get a different response from an NPC and/or additional events might trigger - a barter/merchant interface appears, an item reward is granted, etc.

I have been looking to the Conversation Catalog Data in hopes that it will help me develop such a system, and have found up that there is a Choice line type, that seems to work as a possible player character picked response. This would be the very ideal solution, but alas, it seems that Choices don't show up at all if you run a data conversation, and all subsequent lines within said choice are skipped. I would like to know if this feature actually works, and if so, what might I be missing.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Developer
Thanks for reporting this. We've investigated it and found a bug that prevents conversation choices from appearing in the game. This will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
Reply Quote
Excellent! Thank you very much.
Reply Quote
It seems blizzard didn't use it in wol campaign.

The 'choices' in the campaign are all made by triggers and transmissions.
Reply Quote
Actually i belive the barely used data conversations for some reason, even when they supported it, and the whole script is written there. I noticed nearly all convos are just your standard fare transmisions sequences.
Reply Quote
*bump*

Couldn't find this listed as an issue or whatever, and I was wondering if this happened to be fixed on either WoL or the latest HoTS patch.
Reply Quote
Developer
11/05/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Alevice
Couldn't find this listed as an issue or whatever, and I was wondering if this happened to be fixed on either WoL or the latest HoTS patch.

This fix should be active in the latest Swarm beta patch. Note that you do need to enable cinematic mode while the conversation is running in order to use choices.
Reply Quote
Just tested it and it works! Requires som grouping and jumping but it works. Thanks a lot!

EDIT:

Additional question. Is there an UI dialog i could tamper to customize the looks?
Edited by Alevice on 11/11/2012 10:34 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]