StarCraft® II

Jumpy Mouse Issues

During games, but only ladder games my mouse jumps anywhere from a few cm to a few inches away and back and forth several times, then stops in the middle. I never had this issue before the 1.5 update. It doesn't happen with games like team fortress 2 or counter strike source, so it's not my mouse, nor is it my computer. I believe this is a problem with the game and it needs to be fixed, i do play on a mac if that has anything to do with it
Reply Quote
Iv had the same issue but its fine for me in windowed with the confine curser option on auto. this problem started with 1.5. it is frustrating but I haven't tried it in any other settings for a wile because I'm to scared that I will happen agin :(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you tell me if toggling the confine cursor option helps in any way?

In any case, I've escalated this to the team and they are investigating this matter.
Reply Quote
I will try all confine cursor options and come back.
Reply Quote
OK SO! I have tried all options and if i have the game in full screen this happens and if i have it in windowed with confined mouse curser on, but i don't seem to have trouble with mouse on auto and the game in widowed form. It's like It stutters then jumps but not all the time. Also I'm on a macbook pro with OSX 10.8.1
Edited by Darkness on 9/10/2012 4:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i have this problem too ... but mines because i spilled a lot of drinks on my mousepad so ...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the report on this. I'll send the feedback up.
Reply Quote
Is there any update regarding these mouse issues. I am a mac user with the same issue.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Let me see what I can find out. Thanks for the bump.

EDIT:

Can you post some system information?

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)

• Also, are you using a dual display setup?
  • Finally, have you tried to toggle the confine cursor settings like mentioned above?
  • Edited by Machkhan on 9/25/2012 3:28 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled
    Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
    ROM Revision: 3533
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Resolution: 1280 x 800
    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color
    System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8

I am not using a dual display and I have not tried toggling the settings yet
    Reply Quote
    I am a mac use with the same issue
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]