StarCraft® II

Please remove the automining!

Eh
Reply Quote
FYI, you can actually turn auto mining off in the gameplay setting...
Reply Quote
I didn't like it at first too. Now I don't mind so much. If its still there when the game launches Im keeping it turned on :)
Reply Quote
I sure will. But that's not the point. Automining starts instantly, making it maybe even more efficient than manual splitting since an average human being can't react instantly. Most people have around 1 second delay. I don't like games getting more noob-friendly. maybe that's just me but it annoys me how much the video game industry in general has become so noob-friendly. I think there is no good reason to make this change in the game and it takes away something that was very important symbolically for the game, IMO. (Some people say it's to fix the game-start lag issue, but it's still not completely solved anyway, if a player lags then his first worker is behind as well so...)

09/05/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Jusseppe
Automining starts instantly, making it maybe even more efficient than manual splitting since an average human being can't react instantly. Most people have around 1 second delay. I don't like games getting more noob-friendly. maybe that's just me but it annoys me how much the video game industry in general has become so noob-friendly.

Most people have around 1 second delay.

around 1 second delay.

1 second.

Deal with it, I bet you 20 Minerals that you never lose a game because of 1 second.
I
Fracking
Bet
You
Reply Quote
Oddly enough, the automine is going to be a slight disadvantage (Very slight. Less slight than if a Zerg starts on a northern position) to random players.

With reaction times being what they are, you've got the first couple clicks to align the racial hotkeys in your head. now, it'll be click on main base, press button for worker as the first two actions instead of click on workers, right-click minerals, and you'll have less processing time (One click's worth instead of three).

Of course, that's really no reason to cry about it. A player going Random is already at an advantage against an equally skilled single-race player. So there's that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]