StarCraft® II

HotS Quick Questions & Answers Thread

MVP - StarCraft
Hi, i just got into the beta and was wondering about the widow mines.
I think they replaced the warhound is that correct?
I noticed that mines deal full damage to immortal and thus the immo ability to "tank" (cap to 10) is not effective. What's up with that ? Is it just a glich ?

I would suggest the immo shield takes 10 dmg for mines plus 10 or something for unstable payload (splash)

ty

Hey,

Congrats on getting the beta.

Check out the beta forums to post suggestions http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/5671338/
And the bug forums to report bugs http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/5671339/

Widow Mines didn't really "replace" Warhounds as both were in the game before.

No, I don't think the Shield thing is a bug -- the way they explained it is that Immortal Shields only reduce "weapons" and Widow Mine attack is a "spell" -- but that they might consider changing that. See http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5207845423#3

09/28/2012 01:32 PMPosted by justme
Can Widow mines target hallucination units?

If it is set to autocast, it wont trigger -- but you can manually target them. EDIT: As of latest patch they now auto-target widow mines.
Edited by TheSkunk on 10/10/2012 10:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
09/28/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Anesthetic
Question for you, did you JUST get into the beta today?

Probably. According to Aldrexus post ( http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6606362853?page=3#41 ) TL Cheerful Winners were just flagged. Likely as not, other people are being flagged at the same time. Check the beta forums and see if Cloaken makes a post about a beta wave sometime in the next couple of hours.
Edited by TheSkunk on 9/28/2012 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
what kind of clan support and reporting can we expect?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
what kind of clan support can we expect?

Wish I knew.

and reporting

What do you mean? You can already report people.

09/29/2012 03:05 AMPosted by AntareSpicA
Bump.

Thanks. I don't like bumping my own thread too many times in a row, but I do wish it had more visibility for those who wanted to take advantage of it.
Edited by TheSkunk on 9/29/2012 6:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yes they can attack hallucination but they won't... you have to give them the attack command since they wont auto attack hallucinations... hence mines can detect if a incoming phenix is real or not since they would attack the real one but not the hallucination. this is in my opinion yet another bug they should fix

added: i also noticed that a stack of widow mines are only gonna auto attack one at a time. i.e.: if you come in range of 3 widow mines a the same time with a zealot, only one widow mine is gonna come off, if you do the same with an immortal 2 widow mines are gonna come off one after the other. Widow mines are not gonna attack a target in range if that target is already being targeted by a mine even if that mine is not gonna one-shot it
Edited by Zyklon on 9/29/2012 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Does the Oracle's detection spell reveal creep tumors?
Reply Quote
Nice portrait
also: Why isnt this just stickied?
Edited by OrionPax on 9/30/2012 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
09/30/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Aftermath
Does the Oracle's detection spell reveal creep tumors?

Good question -- no, they can't. I think they should be able to, myself.
Reply Quote
How much do tempests benefit per attack upgrade?
Reply Quote
Is the new Queen aesthetic going to make it on launch? The one that looks like a Brood Mother from one of the battle reports.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Nice portrait
also: Why isnt this just stickied?

Thanks! Glad I finally got it. I could ask them to sticky it if you want; I'd actually like that myself. I hit the request sticky button, but I've felt too sheepish to bother them further so far.

09/30/2012 06:41 PMPosted by GameOfDrones
How much do tempests benefit per attack upgrade?

30/50 -- 33/55 -- 36/60 -- 39/65 (3 for regular attack, 5 for vs massive)

Starts with 2 armor, gains 1 per each armor upgrade. Shields adds 1 shield armor. (Starts at 0)

09/30/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Malfallax
Is the new Queen aesthetic going to make it on launch? The one that looks like a Brood Mother from one of the battle reports.

I'm not a developer, so I can't really say. It might, as the new model is a campaign asset -- it might not have been included because no campaign assets are supposed to be included in the beta. (Or maybe they just decided against it)
Edited by TheSkunk on 9/30/2012 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Will bliz be giving more keys each week?
Reply Quote
Do you know if they're looking at changing the MS Core again? I and many others currently HATE the new MS Core's mass recall change, and the heavily weakened Purifier...
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 06:46 PMPosted by TheSkunk
I'm not a developer, so I can't really say. It might, as the new model is a campaign asset -- it might not have been included because no campaign assets are supposed to be included in the beta. (Or maybe they just decided against it)

i hope they decided against it personally.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
09/30/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Carnage
Will bliz be giving more keys each week?

They've been doing it every week so far! =D

09/30/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Zamara
Do you know if they're looking at changing the MS Core again? I and many others currently HATE the new MS Core's mass recall change, and the heavily weakened Purifier...

Hm. These questions always confound me. Do I know if they are looking at the MS Core again? No; sadly I don't -- I don't have private conversations with Rock\Dayvie, and they didn't say anything about it publicly. =P

I will say this, though: I don't think they are done changing the unit for good. I am sure it could still be changed. It sounds like from Dayvies post that they are focusing on the Widow Mine and Phase Shield right now, though. (I guess people keep asking questions like this because I answer them so dang well, despite not actually knowing what the developers have in mind? :P)

I personally don't like it much either, and I am planning to make a post about it soon. =]
Edited by TheSkunk on 10/1/2012 5:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 05:16 AMPosted by TheSkunk
I personally don't like it much either, and I am planning to make a post about it soon. =]
Please do! ♥

Seeing as I cannot post on the HOTS forums for some reason, I hope we can get it across to Blizz that the MS Core sucks and does not work well for Protoss.

Tethering the MS Core to be useful within Nexus "range" is probably the best solution:

We want the Core to be reverted BACK to what it was:

• 10 range 45 damage Purifier
  • No more Repulsor Cannon
  • Mass Recall BACK to the MS Core, not requiring units to be within 7 range
  • TETHER the Mass Recall and Purifier beam to WITHIN a certain range of a Nexus, and grey them out when the MS Core is not within that range.
  • KEEP the 1.88 speed so that the MS Core can move between bases quickly, and ONLY be able to use Purifier IF within Nexus range.

This limits the MS Core to ONLY be useful within range of Protoss bases, essentially making them purely defensive.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 05:16 AMPosted by TheSkunk
Hm. These questions always confound me. Do I know if they are looking at the MS Core again? No; sadly I don't -- I don't have private conversations with Rock\Dayvie, and they didn't say anything about it publicly. =

I understand that; was not suggesting that you did :P But, you tend to have more intimate information about Blizzard's musings than we do, so I thought it was worth asking ^_^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]