HotS Quick Questions & Answers Thread

I wasn't necessarily asking if it could happen, but if it happened automatically. It makes a big difference if there's a random chance of having the missile attack the observer or if it happens all the time.

WoL observer snipes are very powerful, but at least terran has to scan and target the observer with vikings.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
It happens automatically if you come within range of the mine. Every time.

EDIT: Actually, I should clarify: It is treated like any other target - so (in case this wasn't obvious) it wont happen if it doesn't currently have ammo. :P
Edited by TheSkunk on 10/12/2012 6:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh well, not what I hoped, but thanks for the answer.
Reply Quote
Skunk, yeah I had to uninstall the old Arcade Beta before I install the HOTS beta. It's now working. Thanks again!
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
10/12/2012 02:59 PMPosted by phlipzter
Skunk, yeah I had to uninstall the old Arcade Beta before I install the HOTS beta. It's now working. Thanks again!

Great, glad to hear that!

Any new questions since the latest patch + wave of 12,000 beta key invites?
Reply Quote
Why havent beta giveaway winners been given keys yet T.T only esl seems to be given out after 3 days. Been two weeks since TL giveaway and TL said they sent the emails out :((
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
10/12/2012 06:04 PMPosted by SoN
Why havent beta giveaway winners been given keys yet T.T only esl seems to be given out after 3 days. Been two weeks since TL giveaway and TL said they sent the emails out :((

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=370767&currentpage=49#974
Reply Quote
Patch#6 = I r disappoint.

TheSkunk, since I have not been able to get onto the beta too often recently, have you had a chance to play with the new MS Core and the new Tempest? How does the Tempest fare as a lategame "pseudo-SC1 Protoss Scout"? Also, how do you fare against 2 base Swarm hosts with the new MS Core, and how far is Robo + bay tech from Purify ending to your first Obs being out, and subsequently, your first colossus?

I know, that's a lot of questions, and I hope you don't mind ♥ The patch felt more like a series of nerfs with really only 2 minor buffs...
Reply Quote
What's the storyline gonna be like? Will Mengsk die? Will Kerrigan retain her humanity through it all? Will the Protoss race survive? Will widow mines get nerfed?

I really think the third game should end with Justin Bieber waking up and realizing it was all a dream.
Reply Quote
Do Widow Mines Scale with Vehicle Armor upgrades?
What are the stats of the "MS Cocoon"?
Edited by VuoiDyS on 10/14/2012 12:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Can widow mines get upgraded for attack?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Patch#6 = I r disappoint.

TheSkunk, since I have not been able to get onto the beta too often recently, have you had a chance to play with the new MS Core and the new Tempest? How does the Tempest fare as a lategame "pseudo-SC1 Protoss Scout"? Also, how do you fare against 2 base Swarm hosts with the new MS Core, and how far is Robo + bay tech from Purify ending to your first Obs being out, and subsequently, your first colossus?

I know, that's a lot of questions, and I hope you don't mind ♥ The patch felt more like a series of nerfs with really only 2 minor buffs...

Haven't been able to play as much as I'd like yet, so I'll try to reply later. Tempests are definitely better, I lost to Tempest Chargelot in a PvP. My opponent was Diamond and slightly (but not hugely) ahead of me the entire game; I tried to go Voidray\Chargelot with some stalkers.

I went Tempest vs a Zerg. It works well, since nothing can reach them besides Mutalisk\Corruptor when they are above air, so I was able to get a free kill on his hatchery and shell away at everything else.

He tried to attack me with Swarmhost\Infester\Ling but I held with sentry zealot while my air came from behind to pick off his Infesters\Swarm Hosts. (I has a robo at this point) He tried to get corruptors at this point but I was too far ahead. I was 2 base up from him, but he dropped from the game before we could finish.

But thats not very conclusive. They're definitely better, but I've not played enough to know for sure.

Purify is better vs Widow Mines, for sure, but I've not had to use it in any other situation.

What's the storyline gonna be like? Will Mengsk die? Will Kerrigan retain her humanity through it all? Will the Protoss race survive? Will widow mines get nerfed?

All these questions and more will be answered in the next episode of the epic Starcraft trilogy -- Heart of the Swarm! Pre-order now, for 39.99$!

I really think the third game should end with Justin Bieber waking up and realizing it was all a dream.

Well, thats like, just your opinion, man.

Do Widow Mines Scale with Vehicle Armor upgrades?

Yep, 1 armor per upgrade.

What are the stats of the "MS Cocoon"?

Exactly the same as the MS core stats. Its not really a cocoon.

10/14/2012 08:33 AMPosted by AntareSpicA
Can widow mines get upgraded for attack?

Nope. Its attack is a spell, and therefore un-upgradeable.
Reply Quote
What happens to a Swarmhost when its in spawning animation but gets gravitoned.

Such as the colored sacks on its back are falling to the ground/have just fallen to the ground, but gets gravitoned before the locusts appear.
Reply Quote
This is probably a retarded question...but I have 2 beta licences on my account (SC2-1 and SC2-2)

what exactly does this mean? can I give my login details to a friend so we can play togeather? does everyone get this? any info would be great thanks.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
What happens to a Swarmhost when its in spawning animation but gets gravitoned.

Such as the colored sacks on its back are falling to the ground/have just fallen to the ground, but gets gravitoned before the locusts appear.

If the sacks pop, they hatch no matter what - even if you graviton the the swarm host. (The sacks themselves can't be targeted)

This is probably a retarded question...but I have 2 beta licences on my account (SC2-1 and SC2-2)

what exactly does this mean? can I give my login details to a friend so we can play togeather? does everyone get this? any info would be great thanks.

It means you have two HotS beta keys on one account. This happens to a lot of people. Both can be played at once, logging on to one does not kick you off of the other.

I can't really recommend giving your account details to your friend, I don't think Blizzard approves of that so theoretically it could get you in trouble -- plus it would be giving someone access to your entire Battle.net account. Thats a risky move.
Edited by TheSkunk on 10/15/2012 8:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Will the widow mine auto or manually attack a building, such as a spore crawler? What about when a spore crawler is unburrowed and mobile?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
10/15/2012 10:28 AMPosted by MalZen
Will the widow mine auto or manually attack a building, such as a spore crawler? What about when a spore crawler is unburrowed and mobile?

The Widow Mine wont target a building under any situation; even if its an unburrowed spore crawler.
Reply Quote
With the removal of the fleet beacon requreiment, what is the tempests new population cost.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
4: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6863526811#1

The supply cost for this unit has changed from 6 to 4.
Reply Quote
Can widow mines detect while unburrowed? what about while recharging their missile?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]