StarCraft® II

HotS Quick Questions & Answers Thread

MVP - StarCraft
1. Do Overseers still have contaminate? If so, I thought they were changing that for HotS.

Still has contaminate. Overseers were originally going to be changed, but that was reverted when they tried detection on Vipers (and presumably other things behind the scene) and it didn't work out.

2. Do Overseers launch Changelings at siege range?

Nope, they just drop out.

3. Why are enemy structures and units unclickable? I hear there is an option to adjust that in the menu. Is that true?

Yes, you can turn it off. I think its just so that it doesn't confuse some new players.

4. Workers now automine. Is there an option to turn that off?

Believe so, but its just at the start of the game, it doesn't even help much, and they don't split.

I hear the worker A.I. does that now due to the way the Protoss Oracle blocks mining. Is that true?

No, sending workers to mine at the start is not as a result of the Oracle.
Edited by TheSkunk on 9/5/2012 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi! Here are some questions I'd like to ask,

-Did it feel like your experience with WOL made playing HOTS more comfortable?
- Is there anything seriously different about HOTS than WOL , gameplay-wise?
- Do you think pros in WOL can still be a pro in HOTS with ease?
-Are openings , strats , tactics in WOL still viable in HOTS?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
What is the new damage on the Ultralisk? It is +Armor in WoL but there was a proposed change at BlizzCon I think where it was changed to +Light. (Screenshot on imgur.com would be great!)
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Did it feel like your experience with WOL made playing HOTS more comfortable?

Yes; my play is worse in some areas in HotS then it was in WoL, but I am playing triple as good as I did when I played WoL for the first time.

Is there anything seriously different about HOTS than WOL , gameplay-wise

Its hard to add units and not make it feel a lot different. But besides the new units and constructible rocks, there is nothing "seriously" different. Once we adapt to the new units, it will be very similar.

Do you think pros in WOL can still be a pro in HOTS with ease?

Yes, some people will do a little better and some a little worse, especially at first (some players are more adaptable and creative, others just play solid) but overall they should carry over easily.

-Are openings, strats , tactics in WOL still viable in HOTS?

Some openers and cheeses are still viable, but not much.

What is the new damage on the Ultralisk? It is +Armor in WoL but there was a proposed change at BlizzCon I think where it was changed to +Light. (Screenshot on imgur.com would be great!)

I believe the attack is the same as in WoL, but I'm checking. EDIT: Ultra does 15, 35 vs armored, at 0.86 weapon speed.

Thanks for the questions everyone! Keep em coming.
Edited by TheSkunk on 9/5/2012 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
1. Did the Zerg "advisor" in game change from the Overlord to Izsha? If not, will it?

No it hasn't, I don't know if it will but I doubt it.

2. Any information regarding the new Nydus Worm?

The *new* Nydus worms are not currently in the multiplayer version; but the files necessary to include them came with the client. (Standard worm is still in) (None of the campaign assets have been included, so I don't see why they would be if they were campaign only) It is possible they will add them later, or maybe they used to be in but were scrapped last second. (EDIT: Nydus Worms officially not going to be added in)

3. Is the Carrier “officially” dead for HoTS?

No, but the Carrier isn't in the current version. Not officially dead, though. (Edit: Since this post, Carrier was patched back in)

4. In the current beta build, is there new music?

Nope.

5. Lastly, does Blinding Cloud ability only affect biological units?

Yes. (Edit: Has since been changed)

6. Lastly, does the Corruptor have a new ability and can you explain how it works?

It doesn't to my knowledge; gain will confirm tomorrow. It had an ability in the alpha, but an ability incredibly similar to it was added to the Viper, and it was removed from the Corruptor in a previous build. (Edit: Corruptor unchanged)
Edited by TheSkunk on 10/10/2012 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Sorry. Clarified.

The regular worm is still in.
Reply Quote
What is the damage of the warhound?
what is the damage of the locust?
Reply Quote
What is the damage of the warhound?
what is the damage of the locust?

Warhounds do 23 damage a shot (1.3 attack speed) and get +2 per upgrade.

Locusts do 16 damage a shot. Seeing as I didn't play zerg, I do not know their attack speed. They get 1 per upgrade.
Reply Quote
Warhounds do 23 damage a shot (1.3 attack speed) and get +2 per upgrade.

Locusts do 16 damage a shot. Seeing as I didn't play zerg, I do not know their attack speed. They get 1 per upgrade.

i thought warhound was 10 +20 vs mech.What a huge buff
thanks for the response.
Also I saw that in the tab you could set workers to only mine,a move or move and repair and it was written in letters.Will they give the normal control tab back? :(
Reply Quote
Can you describe the new maps/tilesets (or post a link if the maps are posted somewhere)?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
09/06/2012 01:50 AMPosted by AntareSpicA
Also I saw that in the tab you could set workers to only mine,a move or move and repair and it was written in letters.Will they give the normal control tab back? :(

This is the "Simplified Command Card" option - you can turn it off. It doesn't actually stop you from patrolling\hold position to my knowledge; it just doesn't show them on the command card.

I'll try to get more detailed warhound\locust stats when I play today.

EDIT: Warhounds do:
23 Damage
7 range.
1.3 Attack speed
AND 30 damage each time Hay Wire missiles are cast.

Locust does 16 damage 3 range 0.8 attack speed.
Edited by TheSkunk on 9/7/2012 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sorry to be a little annoying with questions,but can you still get a beta key?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Can you describe the new maps/tilesets (or post a link if the maps are posted somewhere)?

Lower in this post you can see each new map (and therefore, new tilesets): http://gosugamers.net/starcraft2/features/3017

09/06/2012 05:43 AMPosted by AntareSpicA
Sorry to be a little annoying with questions,but can you still get a beta key?

Yes, there will be more and more beta keys being given out as time goes on.
Reply Quote
When will Blizzard hand out additional Beta Keys?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
09/06/2012 06:02 AMPosted by Protostitute

Being in the beta doesn't give us knowledge of inner Blizzard workings. :P

I would guess that (apart from giveaways and contests from fansites and the like) waves will go out about weekly, increasing in size and frequency as the beta goes on.
Reply Quote
09/06/2012 06:02 AMPosted by Protostitute

Eventually it is likely everyone who pre-orders will get in, which happened about two months in to WOL beta, but that's just a guess. Blizzard has only said they will invite more testers, "as needed."
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
09/06/2012 05:40 AMPosted by Janim

Coming back to this one, here is a better example of the new maps and how they look: http://gosugamers.net/starcraft2/news/21012-video-heart-of-the-swarm-map-previews
Edited by TheSkunk on 9/6/2012 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]