StarCraft® II

HotS Quick Questions & Answers Thread

Does Hydralisk speed provide the full off creep speed bonus like on creep? I hear it's 25% instead of 50%.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
09/06/2012 12:38 PMPosted by ZeroHero
Does Hydralisk speed provide the full off creep speed bonus like on creep? I hear it's 25% instead of 50%.

It is a 25% speed increase off creep. On creep is unaffected. So yes, the Hydralisk is still faster on creep. But it still brings the Hydralisk's speed up to 2.81.

I'm starting to think it should be Lair tech.
Edited by Doncroft on 9/6/2012 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Just wanted to say I've updated the index to include (most of) the questions asked.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
09/06/2012 02:56 PMPosted by TheSkunk
Thanks!

No. Thank you for making it.
Reply Quote
Why is the tile Awnsers?

EDIT: I fail. It's "TITLE." :(
Edited by saneidiot on 9/6/2012 4:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Did the ghost cloak change go through? (cloak is timed vs energy based)

I heard a rumor that the proposed raven buff is live in beta. True/false?

Have widow mines ruined your day yet?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
09/06/2012 04:02 PMPosted by saneidiot
Why is the tile Awnsers?

Because I am about as bad at English as your average American 17-year-old. =(

Will try to test soon, but I believe neither of these changes are in. EDIT: Yep, neither of these changes are in the current build.

Not at all. The OPness of Warhounds overshadow them, and they require an armory. I have fought vs them, but I have been able to handle them well.
Edited by TheSkunk on 9/6/2012 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would like to ask a couple things on strategy, not exact stats.

Can the widow mine attack over cliffs?

Is the tempest more effective when using phoenix to protect and scout for them?

Can you use the viper to pull units over cliffs?

Can you use the viper pull ability on your own units?

If the 2 questions above are true, then can you use the viper's pull ability to pull your own units up cliffs and have it be effective?

What are the 3 units that the warhound is best at countering?

Does using the tempest against against terran mech builds force the terran to change their strategy when both players are fairly equally skilled?

Sorry there's so many questions. Answer as many as you can though.
Edited by RedRookLord on 9/6/2012 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Is everyone in the beta playing on the same server?

If so, will this carry on when HOTS is released?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Can the widow mine attack over cliffs?

Believe so. Haven't had to use these much (or fight vs them) but their attack mechanic highly suggests yes.

Is the tempest more effective when using phoenix to protect and scout for them?

Depends what your enemy has. By design, Tempests REQUIRE protection and scouting, but other units like the Oracle, Observer to scout and ground armies like Chargelot\Archon can do the job better, I think.

Can you use the viper to pull units over cliffs?

Yes.

Can you use the viper pull ability on your own units?

Yes.

If the 2 questions above are true, then can you use the viper's pull ability to pull your own units up cliffs and have it be effective?

I dunno, haven't been able to try that. (I seem to random Terran a lot, or else get ZvZs) EDIT: http://youtu.be/ppxoztqUHEY

What are the 3 units that the warhound is best at countering?

Right now the Warhound is OP, counters everything. Siege Tank, Colossus, Stalker is what I'd say its *meant* to counter, though.

Does using the tempest against against terran mech builds force the terran to change their strategy when both players are fairly equally skilled?

Terrans know Mechs weakness is air and transition to viking\marine backup by default, irregardless if you get tempests or not, but thats just my experience and I open void rays a lot. However, they get vikings for Colossi, Mothership Core (Vortex DEMOLISHES mech armies if you throw chargelot archon in it) and Void Rays, so again -- I think its more by default then a response.

Sorry there's so many questions. Answer as many as you can though.

No, its great to get a lot of questions :D

Is everyone in the beta playing on the same server?

Not sure.. But I don't think so.

If so, will this carry on when HOTS is released?

Blizzard announced global play for HotS, but I believe you will have to switch between regions, it won't be merged into one. Changing regions will just be simple and free, instead of requiring multiple accounts and clients.

Not sure on the details; but you will definitely be allowed to play on any region for HotS.
Edited by TheSkunk on 9/7/2012 5:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the answers. Especially about the viper, I'll remember to try that when I get a chance.
Edited by RedRookLord on 9/6/2012 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
since oracles no longer have cloak, do motherships have this ability back in the current build? (asked sept 6, 2012)
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
09/06/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Caledfwlch
since oracles no longer have cloak, do motherships have this ability back in the current build? (asked sept 6, 2012)

Yes.
Reply Quote
Can you use the viper pull ability on your own units? Yes.

Oh, so you could, in theory, bring a few vipers, and yank a squad of ultralisk up into your enemies high ground?
Reply Quote
09/06/2012 08:53 PMPosted by TinMan

Oh, so you could, in theory, bring a few vipers, and yank a squad of ultralisk up into your enemies high ground?

Wouldn't it be more economical to just use Overlord drops, at that point?

Does the Battlecruiser have the speed ability?

Is the Ultralisk's charge a researched ability, or is it innate?

Are Ultralisks still innately Frenzied? I heard this may be removed...

What armor and tags does the Swarm Host have?

What armor and tags does the Viper have?
Reply Quote
Next wave of beta invites came out a few hours ago, just thought I should put it here so you guys know.

Also, cause im still about 5 hours from my download finishing (100kb/sec FTW - just another 'advantage' of living in Australia), how do the new units affect mirror matchups?
Edited by TheGame on 9/6/2012 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Next wave of beta invites came out a few hours ago, just thought I should put it here so you guys know.

Also, cause im still about 5 hours from my download finishing (100kb/sec FTW - just another 'advantage' of living in Australia), how do the new units affect mirror matchups?

TvT is either who can get out warhounds first, or if one person gets warhounds, the other gets marine banshee, probably a few tanks
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
09/06/2012 08:53 PMPosted by TinMan

Yes: http://youtu.be/ppxoztqUHEY Unfortunately, this would be a complete waste of Viper energy, and they cost a lot. You would be much better off getting drops or Nydus worms.

Does the Battlecruiser have the speed ability?

Nope; they removed it in favor of buffing damage. (8 up to 10 I think)

Is the Ultralisk's charge a researched ability, or is it innate?

You have to research it.

Are Ultralisks still innately Frenzied? I heard this may be removed...

They are.

What armor and tags does the Swarm Host have?

What armor and tags does the Viper have?

Will check and edit post! :D EDIT: Armored and Biological for both.

As an American 17-year-old, I can't help but feel insulted. >:(

Hey. Come on, man - be fair. I just misspelled Answers. aint lik i'm taking lik dis all de time

Besides, I am a 17 years old, so it seemed a fair thing to say.

09/06/2012 09:05 PMPosted by TheGame
how do the new units affect mirror matchups?

ZvZ: Swarmhost\Viper don't come in to prevent the same early-game in ZvZ. People tend to preemptively go Mutas to counter Swarmhosts. Vipers are hive tech, but they do help with mass roach if you can ever get them.

TvT: Warhounds are a bit OP right now, not sure how it will look when things even out.

PvP: About the same, but Tempests -> Colossi. Tempest Chargelot Archon seems to be the combo everyone is using. You still can't expand (core is too weak) unless you are on the map(s) that have in-base expands or ones protected by rocks.
Edited by TheSkunk on 9/7/2012 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/06/2012 04:40 PMPosted by TheSkunk
Why is the tile Awnsers?

Will try to test soon, but I believe neither of these changes are in. EDIT: Yep, neither of these changes are in the current build.

Not at all. The OPness of Warhounds overshadow them, and they require an armory. I have fought vs them, but I have been able to handle them well.

Thanks for answering :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]