StarCraft® II

RP Factions for all the Different RPs

My faction will plow through whatever Hybrids you made. But then again, these are the "weak" massable Hybrids so I understand their defects. Here's what I have at the moment. I am working on three more.

Unit: Harbinger
Lore: The appearances of these beings are rare but it is becoming more frequent near the edge of fringe space. From the limit encounters with these beings, a number of troubling traits are revealed.

These fairly massive flying creatures possess extremely flexible and strong tendrils on its body that can be manipulated and stretched with great precision. Though they move seemingly slow, these creatures can move very quickly if they desire. If it is not busy latching onto and destroying a ship with its tentacles, it is capable of firing multiple organic missile at once that will track an enemy. The rounds go through the toughest materials with ease. However, once the round has landed in its location, it becomes “alive” and are notoriously difficult to kill. They wreck havoc until they are dealt with. However, these living rounds appear to have a limited lifespan but a long one.

They appear to be transport for the Hybrids and the way they do so is mind boggling. These creatures land and they reveal a “portal” on their backs where other Hybrids and the like can go through. The thought that several of them could land incognito in some planet and suddenly summon an army of Hybrids before anyone knows is frightening. How they are able to transport in this way is still a mystery but that is likely when the Harbinger are most vulnerable. It is able to warp travel.
Sightings: Rare

Unit: Annihilator
Lore: Tricksters by nature, they are not as durable and smaller than the others, these Hybrids prefer to toy with the enemy forces from a distance before finishing them off. Possessing “true cloaking” greater than that of Dark Templars, they rarely step directly into an engagement and instead use their psionics to play mind games. Unlike Destroyers who are much more open and confrontational in their spells, the Annhilator subvert the enemy by confusing their opponents through perfect, living, nearly undetectable copies of hallucinations, playing mind games, distorting the senses, turning allies against each other by implanting paranoia and crippling high value targets with spells before they know what happened. Few realize what caused the destruction of their groups before an Annihilator shows themselves and finish off whoever that is still standing. They are perfect infiltrators to soften up the resistance. Conventional detectors do not work against this foe.
Edited by smylez on 9/4/2012 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Unit roles:
"Tyrant"- Uberunit
Desecrator- Tier 3 spellcaster/ranged unit
Annhilator- Tier 2 spellcaster/Infiltrator
Harbinger- Transport/Anti capital ship
Vanquisher- Capital ship
Obliterator- Living siege weapon, Tier 4 melee (lol)
Destroyer- Tier one range
Reaver- Tier one melee

Working on:
Devastator- Anti fighter ships?
Herald- A ranged behemoth?
Demolisher/Disintegrater- Some archon like being?
*Tiers are relative to the hybrids.

Holy hell, a lot of their roles overlap and I can't think of something at the moment. Will finish up tomorrow.
Reply Quote
Faction: Hybrids

Seeded across the galaxy by Samir Duran, the Hybrids are only now beginning to awaken in greater numbers shortly after the events of the Second Great War to carry out their master's dark will. Created from a perversion of the Xel'naga cycle and through artificial means, the Hybrids come in many shapes and sizes. Due to their relatively obscure nature, few realize what these fearsome beings are before it is too late. For now, they are working in the shadows, biding their time for a moment to reveal themselves. When they do, darkness will consume the galaxy.

All Hybrids have a number of qualities that they share. Hybrids are capable of psionic usage although some subsets are much more potent at utilizing it than others. Mind Control does not work against them. They are natural detectors. They are impervious to nearly all forms of conventional weaponry and thanks to the optimization of Zerg genes, virtually no known form of disease or toxins can harm them and the vacuums of space do little to harm them. All Hybrids observed so far are able to consume the DNA of their enemies, increasing their own life and inflicting grievous harm to their victims.

Unit: Tyrant
Lore: Something has awakened and its sinister nature was felt by all psionics in the sector before it quickly disappeared. Investigations by other factions at the point of origin found nothing but a very large unnatural crater on some fringe planet. No other important information was discovered on the planet. The only logical conclusion was that "some massive entity has awakened." Thus far, the being in question has simply been given the name "Tyrant".
Stats: Unknown
Sightings: Unknown, origin point near the center of Sigma Quadrant on an unexplored desert planet

Unit: Desecrator
Lore: The hybrids are powerful beings that crackle with immense energy but these monstrosities are on a whole different level. From the various reports, they bend the space time fabric around them with their mere presence, twisting and distorting reality at its whim. Unconfirmed reports states that it can phase itself, as conventional weapons completely does nothing to it. The only way to damage and kill such creatures so far is through psionic energy. Only the most powerful psionics can hope to damage a Desecrator and it takes a well coordinated group to kill one with heavy losses.
Stats:
1600 Shields 200 Health 600 Energy
2.95 Movespeed, 4 shields 1 Armor
Attack: Phase Orb (Ground and Air): Range 7 50x2 1.2 attack speed
Abilities:
Phase (Passive): Completely immune to all attacks. Only psionic based attacks can harm the Desecrator.
Singularity (Passive): Any attempt to feedback the creature will backfire on the caster.
Distortion (Passive): All attacks ranged or melee has its speed reduced by 65% in a 10 yard range when it enters the distortion field around the Desecrator and they have a 35% chance to miss. In addition, enemy movement speed is slowed down by 25%.
Graviton Bomb: Telepathically crushes any targets with gravity in a 3 radius circle.
Void Spheres: 7 spheres seek a target and detonate for 50 damage each.
Enthrall: Controls a unit. The unit is gifted with the hybrid's essence until it is killed or consumed.
Sightings: Extremely Rare, only one was ever killed at the cost of 12 High Templars and its body dissipated before it could be examined. The other encounters resulted in the death of all Protoss members.

Unit: Obliterator
Lore: Protoss observers received footage of one in battle and it strikes fear to even the most seasoned Protoss defenders for the Hybrid Reaver pales in size compared to the Obliterator. How such a creature come into being without anyone knowing is anyone's guess. As its name suggest, these giants by themselves can easily obliterate a fortified base with little to no effort as it did to a fortified Protoss encampment. These creatures do not have shields but they are extremely robust, durable and powerful siege weapons. They have the mortifying ability of somehow reflecting damage back to the original source. It does bleed so massive amounts of firepower could bring one down to its knees but its abilities are still largely unknown.
Stats:
2500 Health
2.65 Movespeed, 7 Armor
Attack: Obliterate (Ground, Melee): Range 1.5 150x2 1.5 attack speed
Abilities:
Death's Mask (passive): All damage is reflected to the original source for 20% of the damage.
Roar: Fears/stuns/kills the enemy with a powerful psionic roar.
Sightings: Extremely Rare, only one has been recorded in battle and it left unscathed.

Unit: Vanquisher
Lore: After communication was lost with a small fleet near Aiur, the Hierarchy feared for the worst and sent numerous scouts to probe the area and discover what took the fleet out. They found incomplete parts the commander's video logs amongst the space rubble. When the Protoss leaders watched the fuzzy chopy video, they discovered that a single unknown capital ship took out the small fleet.

Given the name Vanquisher, the Protoss deduced that they are hybrid ships as no other factions have a ship that looked like it. It appear to be synthetic in nature and its weapons and shield systems were far more advance than anything they seen. If the image was clearer and the other parts of the video logs were found, a more complete analysis will be concluded. Until then, more research was needed in order to outfit their ships to combat this threat in the future.

However, it does raise a question. How were the Hybrids able to build such an advance ship in such a short time? As far as the Protoss could tell, the Hybrids needed help to acquire materials and all signs, including the incident at Castanar, pointed at the Dominion helping the Hybrids. Something is amiss inside the Dominion.
Stats:
1000 Heath, 1500 Shields
2.5 Movespeed, 5 Armor 5 Shields
Weapons capabilities unknown at this time.
Abilties unknown at this time
Sightings: Extremely Rare, only one seen near Aiur.

Unit: Harbinger
Lore: The appearances of these beings are rare but it is becoming more frequent near the edge of fringe space. From the limit encounters with these beings, a number of troubling traits are revealed.

These fairly massive flying creatures possess extremely flexible and strong tendrils on its body that can be manipulated and stretched with great precision. Though they move seemingly slow, these creatures can move very quickly if they desire. If it is not busy latching onto and destroying a ship with its tentacles, it is capable of firing multiple organic missile at once that will track an enemy. The rounds go through the toughest materials with ease. However, once the round has landed in its location, it becomes “alive” and are notoriously difficult to kill. They wreck havoc until they are dealt with. However, these living rounds appear to have a limited lifespan but a long one.

They appear to be transport for the Hybrids and the way they do so is mind boggling. These creatures land and they reveal a “portal” on their backs where other Hybrids and the like can go through. The thought that several of them could land incognito in some planet and suddenly summon an army of Hybrids before anyone knows is frightening. How they are able to transport in this way is still a mystery but that is likely when the Harbinger are most vulnerable. It is able to warp travel.
Stats:
700 Health 500 Shields
2.5 Movespeed 3 Armor 3 Shields
Attacks (Ground and Air): Ectoplasmic Rounds: Range 10 30x4 1.3 attack speed, spawns a Ravager per attack that has a life of 160, 1.9 movespeed, a melee attack for 18 per .86 second and a ranged 3 spit attack for 14 per 1.3 seconds.
Tentacles (Ground and Air): Range 3 12x20 tentacles
Abilities:
Entangle/Impale: Grabs a hold of a ship and crushes it over time with its tendrils or create multiple hull breaches if the ship is to big.
Warp Form: By landing on the ground, a portal of sorts is created on its back, warping in in friendlies through its back. Unable to attack or move at this time until it reverts this form

Unit: Annihilator
Lore: Tricksters by nature, they are not as durable and smaller than the others, these Hybrids prefer to toy with the enemy forces from a distance before finishing them off. Possessing “true cloaking” greater than that of Dark Templars, they rarely step directly into an engagement and instead use their psionics to play mind games. Unlike Destroyers who are much more open and confrontational in their spells, the Annhilator subvert the enemy by confusing their opponents through perfect, living, nearly undetectable copies of hallucinations, playing mind games, distorting the senses, turning allies against each other by implanting paranoia and crippling high value targets with spells before they know what happened. Few realize what caused the destruction of their groups before an Annihilator shows themselves and finish off whoever that is still standing. They are perfect infiltrators to soften up the resistance. Conventional detectors do not work against this foe.
Stats:
350 Shields 200 Health 550 energy
Movespeed 2.75, 2 shields 2 armor
Attacks:
Psi Blast (Ground and Air): Range 7 25 damage
Abilities:
True Cloak: Completely undetectable by conventional detectors. Only the most advance detectors can spot this creature.
Nightmare: Energy dependent on the creature summoned, the unit summoned has the exact stats as the replica.
Prism: 100 energy, in a 2 radius, all units hit by this spell will be locked inside a prism for 100 energy for 7 seconds. During this time, the hybrid can cast any spell inside the prism.
Eruption: A pillar of energy in a 2 radius erupts from the ground dealing massive damage to anything inside
Convert: 75 energy, stealthily turns an enemy against its allies, the subverted unit is buffed for 20% of its stats and is invulnerable for 2 seconds.
Sighting: Rare
Edited by smylez on 1/14/2013 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
That's far more then I care to read right now.
Reply Quote
Hey Zarkun? I think I'm going to make a scientist for the AiH RP.

And I thought to myself, "This, is going to be me."
Reply Quote
{Deleted}
Edited by Jester on 9/15/2012 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, I really hope this thread doesn't get buried. I mean, OP or not, it's still fun to share your imagination in more then one way.
Reply Quote
What would be fun is using the editor to create these units but that thing is so complex. I would spend time to learn it but life calls unfortunately
Reply Quote
I can't even get on SC2, so I can't do it.
Reply Quote
{Deleted}
Edited by Jester on 9/25/2012 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Haha, you just infested every possible unit in the game's files and to be frank, its hard to give them a different role than what they already occupy except to buff them. But still, its a good twist. Take the infested immortal; it has a rather interesting ability in enforcing its armor. But there's only so much armor it can lug around.

It's a good way to begin an infested faction.
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 03:29 PMPosted by smylez
What would be fun is using the editor to create these units but that thing is so complex. I would spend time to learn it but life calls unfortunately

I starting to learn it. I probably can create them if you want.

Edit: I like to say that I have had experience making a faction in the Warcraft 3 map editor. I made a faction of Furbogs. :D

If I was to make someone a faction, it could only have what map editor can allow me to do. I can't really give a unit more than two makes and I can't really program in a melee version of attack in any character. I'm not even sure if you could use the faction I make. I would have to figure out a way to send it to you. All it would be just a bit of fun to do, you'd probably have to make your own map to use the faction.
Edited by Thecommander on 9/21/2012 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Go to the first page for mine.
Reply Quote
It's alright, creating them in the editor isn't something high on my priority list now and I do plan on learning the editor at some point in the future.
Reply Quote
"Zarkun said this would probably be okay, so sorry if you consider this necro. This is just a simple summary about my newly created race. I shall probably post a list of units later on."

The Ral’zar

They all have some degree of Psionics, but most often they have the equivalent of a 5 on the Terran PI index. Some of their most powerful Psionics have been recorded to be able to bend the very environment of a planet. They are excellent climbers but not very strong as swimmers. They are mechanics by nature. They are not religious and have seen the Xel’Naga come and go to through the Korprulu. They are natural predators and possess great speed and always seem to love a good fight.

Their technology rivals that of the Protoss. Their most powerful weapon is a ship like the Purifier, it is able to destroy a planet the size of Earth, but it takes a long period of time to do so. They have a multitude of machines to do work for them, especially for most of their species don’t train for the military but are more academic.

They’re skin is usually dark grey and the colour of their irises vary from pink to crimson. Their teeth are much like canines and they have claws in the place of their finger nails to help in hand to hand combat. They live up to the age of 1250 and rarely speak to other species. Their body shape is much like humans. They’re very distrusting of other species with the exception of Protoss. They aren’t as well disciplined as the Protoss,however they do hold more determination and willpower. The males also have small spikes coming out of their elbows.

They live in a tribal environment. Most are led by monarchs but some are democracies and republics. The tribes sometimes go to war with one another for expansion, resources, or because of some dispute. They have expanded over many planets and mainly consume meat. They don’t require very much Oxygen allowing them to thrive in environments with minimal Oxygen.

They often send in a small undetectable scouting drone to check out a planet before they decide to start a colony for they do not want to show themselves truly. The only ones to be seen by the inhabitants of the Korprulu sector are wanderers and outcasts who never reveal anything about their society.

Bellator: These Simple Machines are easily built and are quick to attack. They lack legs to allow for quicker production for the fans that keep them afloat are easier to produce and make work for these machines. They’re torso and arms are shaped much like a humans but they’re heads are of a pyramid and lacking a neck. They have metal blades sticking out of the end of their arms. Their entire body and weapons are made of a black metal. These machines have a medium endurance metal and weak shielding. (In game terms: 75 HP, 40 SP Tags: Mechanical, Armored)

Blaze Arcus: This two wheeled machine isn’t all that fast but it sure as hell is mean. From its right arm it fires an explosive that leaves the blast area aflame for several seconds before it goes out. From its left arm it spurts a flame 10 foot flame for when the enemies are getting too close to fire the explosive at. It sports a color of orange red and yellow. Their main body is a rectangular prism aiming upwards with the pair of wheels at the base. The arms are sticking about an inch off of the main body and have are barrels from aiming forward. The heads are cubes. These machines have high endurance metal and medium strength shielding. (In game terms: 150 HP, 65 SP Tags: Mechanical, Armored)

Sicarius: These machines have built in cloaking devices and a long ranged energy sniper. They also are very well equipped with a very advanced radar system that tracks cloaked and burrowed enemy movement allowing them to be some of the ultimate assassins. They’re fairly fast and have the technology to warp short distances. These mechanical machines have rubber feet and human shaped legs to allow silent running and a medium sized body painted white. Its right arm is an energy sniper and lacks a left arm. Its head is a cube and holds several cameras aiming forward. These machines have low endurance and shielding is low. (In game terms: 50 HP 25 SP Tags: Mecanical, Light)

Gladiator: These Ral’zar spent a century studying the arts of war and are equipped with some of the best equipment. They have armor to be desired by the Protoss Zealot’s and are equipped with Blood Rifles. These rifles firing sharp 12mm crimson metal projectiles that explode after fifteen seconds at intense speeds could cause any enemy to flee in terror. They have the equipment to do short range warps and have the Psionics to activate a cloaking system on their suits. They are extremely rare to find on the battle field due to most Ral’zar being academic. They’re armor is painted black and red and it covered everything but they’re eyes, hands and elbows. They’re armor and selves have high endurance and they have powerful shielding. (In game terms: 200 HP 200 SP Tags: Biological, Psionic Armored)

Architectus: These Ral’zar have dedicated their time to building war machines and will be able to warp in some of their designs straight to the battlefield or build them. Such machines to warp in would be Phantom’s and Umbra Destroyers, such to build would be Shade Turrets and Scorpio Cannons. They are not well armored or equipped with any weaponry but they’re ability to repair and build machines in battle is much needed in any siege or combat force. With low endurance and shields they must stay behind the combat line. (In game terms: 45 HP 50 SP Tags: Biological, Light

Accensus: These Ral’zar are lightly armored and have only spent a decade working on the arts of war. They’re armed with Energy Rifles and combat knives. They also have plasma grenades to disintegrate enemy infantry. They have decent aim and are good at melee combat. They’re endurance level is very good and they’re shielding is almost as good. (In game terms: 145 HP 135 SP Tags: Biological, Light)

Legionary: These Ral’zar are heavily armored and have spent a decade working on the arts of war. They’re armed with Energy Cannons and Lightning Spears. They have Anti-Matter grenades to blow through enemy armor. They have a good aim and are quite skilled in melee combat. Their endurance level is high and they’re shielding is just as good. (In game terms: 175 HP 175 SP Tags: Biological, Armored)

Phantom: These mobile pieces of machinery are mechs and air fighters all in one. They are armed with Plasma Miniguns as well as Mors AA Turrets. The Plasma Miniguns deal massive damage to lightly armored opposition and the Mors AA Turrets can decimate armored air opponents. There are four miniguns mounted on the Phantom and two Mors AA turets. When the Phantom is on the ground it is only able to use one of the Mors AA Turrets due to one aiming at the ground and is able to use all four miniguns, this reduces its anti-air capabilities but makes it able to dominate the ground. When the Phantom is in the air it is able to use both of its Mors AA Turrets but only one of the Miniguns. It allows it to destroy air but leave its air-to-surface capabilities damaged. It is painted black, crimson, and white. It has high endurance armor and quite powerful shielding. (In game terms: 300 HP 275 SP Tags: Mechanical, Armored)

Umbra Destroyer: This massive machine wreaks havoc by dropping large explosives that can turn a massive army of biological beings into ash. The powerful machines only defense against air units are three pairs of plasma machine guns on the port and starboard sides. They are not often used in battle situations unless there is no other alternative to defeating a coming army. Their endurance is overly high and their shielding is phenomenal. (In game terms: 450 HP 575 SP Tags: Massive, Mechanical, Armored)

Adeptus: This grand device has been built and has only been seen by the engineers and mechanics that designed and built it. They were then killed off. Only a few now have knowledge of its existence. It was built to destroy. It can level a city in only a minute. It can decimate an army. It is the one most powerful and most dangerous weapon in existence. It is the only machine that is hoped to never be revealed. But if it is, the ones who attack the worlds of the Ral’zar shall wish they were never been born. They hope that it would end a war in one swift strike and keep a war from breaking out. But they find it overly destructive, but it would be the only way to keep them safe for an eternity. The number of which currency put into this machine is unable to be counted. The endurance and shielding of this machine is made to keep it unable to be destroyed. (In game terms: 25 000 HP 45 000 SP Tags: Heroic, Massive, Armored, Mechanical)

“Yes. I know the Adeptus is OP. But it is basically in self defense of main home planets of the Ral’zar. But it will never see use, just is to be used as reference and to show the ingenuity and power of the Ral’zar.”
Edited by ShadowFury on 10/8/2012 12:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
-Deleted-
Edited by Zarkun on 1/9/2013 6:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
not sure if i want to post my factions/races but perhaps i will. and honestly it'd be more story than units and stuff but still not sure if ill post em.
Edited by TheLostMorph on 10/16/2012 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
[Deleted]
Edited by Jester on 10/26/2012 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They sound badass. Shade Gheists all the way though.

(I can see why people say you be O-to-the-P though.)
Reply Quote
Who?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]