StarCraft® II

Question regarding legality IRL.

My freind has been wanting to place a smoke detector while on into a Canada post mailbox to prank the townhouses that frankly are rude to my high school's students. Theoreticly it would make a high pitch beep sound for hours until someone from Canada Post unlocks the mailbox to remove the smoke detector.

Is this illegal? There must be laws concerning placing objects inside a mailbox. OR concerning noise pollution.

The other idea was to lock it inside a wooden/metal box and just place it literally inside the complex. And LABEL IT SMOKE DETECTOR in BIG SHARPIE. So that they wouldn't get stupid and think its a bomb or something.

Has anyone ever done this?
Reply Quote
Depends on location. What city?
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Thundercrash
Depends on location. What city?

Canada, BC, one of the tri cities near Vancouver.
Reply Quote
I have no idea about the noise pollution laws around there, I'm an Alberta man, but I would advise against smoke detector in the mailbox. For one thing, the idea of a prank is to not get caught. You need a key to open the mailbox in the first place, so that's kind of a giveaway.

Second, I kind of doubt that everyone in all the townhouses are rude, so that kind of prank would make you just as much a dip!@#$. Try something else. Or just not give them additional reason to be rude.
Reply Quote
I have no idea about the noise pollution laws around there, I'm an Alberta man, but I would advise against smoke detector in the mailbox. For one thing, the idea of a prank is to not get caught. You need a key to open the mailbox in the first place, so that's kind of a giveaway.

Second, I kind of doubt that everyone in all the townhouses are rude, so that kind of prank would make you just as much a dip!@#$. Try something else. Or just not give them additional reason to be rude.

Silly. I'm talking a public mailbox. Not breaking into a personal mailbox.
"
Second, I kind of doubt that everyone in all the townhouses are rude"

I agree. But I don't care. Collateral damage i believe people call it in war. For the greater good. I must irritate the evil strata that opress us high school students. They won't let us walk through the complex during lunch. They treat us like plebian, noise polluting, literring, swearing, gangsters. All we want is lunch. They must pay for the hardships they have made us go through. THIS IS WAR!
Reply Quote
Yer hopeless.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Thundercrash
Yer hopeless.

Fight the power! LOL.
Reply Quote
Is there a 'Disturbing the Peace' law equivalent in Canada?

No to the mail box. The mail is government regulated and would likely get you in trouble with a higher level of government.

09/05/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Infinite
They treat us like plebian, noise polluting, literring, swearing, gangsters.

So... Teenagers?
Reply Quote

No to the mail box. The mail is government regulated and would likely get you in trouble with a higher level of government.

They treat us like plebian, noise polluting, literring, swearing, gangsters.

So... Teenagers?

Yah I think your right concerning the mailbox. Its basically government property. + a guy will get called out to unlock it so...

Teenagers!? Excuse me sir. I am highly offended. We do not subject our community members to that level of conduct. We remain respectfull of the complex at all times during our shortcut through the complex. It is a small group of children that partake in literring and shouting in the complex. The way I see it is. We are punished for the actions of a few. And so will the complex residents.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Zanon

Da. And if I correctly recall, Canada Post is federal, so that kicks you straight to some major Sh!t Creek.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Infinite
Teenagers!? Excuse me sir. I am highly offended. We do not subject our community members to that level of conduct. We remain respectfull of the complex at all times during our shortcut through the complex. It is a small group of children that partake in literring and shouting in the complex. The way I see it is. We are punished for the actions of a few. And so will the complex residents.

Like I said. Hopeless. If you were a real, proud Canadian, you'd realize how stupid that sounds.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Infinite
We are punished for the actions of a few.

Such is life.
I could go on and on for things that other people have done that affect law abiding individuals.

Exhibit A: Airlines.
Full body scanners were installed in many US airports, arguably as a direct result the actions of one man with a chemical bomb (that failed) in his shoe.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]