StarCraft® II

Need Alpha Testers - The Black Storm (RPG)

If you have ever played Eternal Shadows ORPG, consider this it's sequel.

The Black Storm - General Info
The Black storm is an (O)RPG game designed to completely alter the SC2 experience. The game already contains a completely custom UI, custom item/equipment engine, custom ability engine, custom quest/mission engine, and many more custom designed engines. In the end it will not feel like you are playing Starcraft II.

The end goal of the game is that it will contain a full storyline that is optional to follow, dungeons, PvP, and anything else a standard RPG would have. If you become an alpha tester, you might be able to influence my design choices as well. :)

What I am looking for
I am looking for alpha testers for The Black Storm. It will be privately hosted, only playable when I am online, I just need people to provide suggestions as well as find bugs. I want to get a considerably large list of alpha testers so I can pop online at any point and get a few people to help me test online. I have yet to test any multiplayer capabilities, which is something extremely important to test during development.

What you get
You get to play what will (hopefully) become one of the best RPGs on SC2, and you get to be one of the first to play it! You will also get recognition for helping during the alpha stages. If you know what you are doing, or have any capability to help, you may also get the chance to help shape the game.

How to become a tester
Simply post below, I will add you to my friends list and message you when you are online if I need a tester. You can feel free to decline if you are busy, of course.

Thanks for reading.

- Mash
Edited by Mash on 9/8/2012 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hello, after reading over your introduction I would like to sign up for this alpha.

My character code is 552 add me when ever you can, and I look forward to helping you make this game a great success.
Edited by meyounodead on 9/9/2012 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How similliar would it be too ESORPG?
Reply Quote
count me in . seems interesting
Reply Quote
I'm always happy to jump on test maps as long that person is willing to do the same back if/when I need a tester.

09/08/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Mash
You can feel free to decline if you are busy, of course.

Likewise, I would understand if you only have time to work on your own project.

Turtles #734
Reply Quote
I added everyone who asked to help test to my friends list, thanks for helping.

09/11/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Jeryek

Very different, and yet also very similar. You'll see if you give testing a shot!

09/11/2012 07:56 PMPosted by turtles
I'm always happy to jump on test maps as long that person is willing to do the same back if/when I need a tester.

Sure, I've added you to friends, feel free to add me as well. I don't come online that much though, unless to test my own map. If I bug you to test mine, feel free to bug me to test yours.
Reply Quote

by Jeryek

Very different, and yet also very similar. You'll see if you give testing a shot!

I would love to, but sadly I do not have a computer that can really run starcraft 2 at the moment
Edited by Jeryek on 9/17/2012 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll give it a shot. :)
Reply Quote
I Would like to join.
Reply Quote
This sounds cool, care to throw in a few screenshots so that I can make up my mind (and it would be a cool tease too, pretty please?) :D

Edit: Played it, I like the style, if I'm online when you need testers feel free to summon me.

Edit2: Damn it, it was a necro, kinda makes sense considering that I was able to play the map.. feeling a bit foolish now :|
Edited by DuckyTheDuck on 11/10/2012 12:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
You started testing without your old most loving alpha tester?
Man do I feel left out </3
Reply Quote
Hi mash. I would love to try out another one of your great ORPGs since your ESORPG was amazing!
Reply Quote
Hey I loved the old one and was waiting for a good ORPG like this for awhile now on SC2. Hit me up my names DastardllyDee #825.
Edited by DastardlyDee on 11/13/2012 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sure I'll help test too. xylith 180.

-
Reply Quote
oh myyyy, well it looks like you can have one of your best beta testers back :O
Reply Quote
Anyone know if Mash is working on any new patches?
Reply Quote
I would like to register into your Alpha tester program. :3
Reply Quote
Considering this is a rough ALPHA version, it's not bad. However, it is virtually unplayable, certainly unenjoyable, in it's current state.

Technical notes. Play tested sharpshooter 2 hours, NUMBEROUS problems.

1 - Your unit being de-selected constantly is annoying. Also, not having a hotkey to re-select it AND being unable to control group it exacerbates this problem. Makes combat very difficult for a non-melee fighter. It caused me to be killed the first two times I left town, before I realized I wasn't controlling my fighter in combat.

2 - Sharpshooter has too much sight/range. It causes enemy units (including both bosses) to "flee" when shot by his normal fire. Both bosses can be killed without any combat this way, for 0xp & no loot. I believe the Sharpshooter's range is so far that he is shooting enemies before they can see what is shooting them, because of this they run away instead of defending themselves. You can back both bosses into a corner & shoot them to death while they face the wall in this way.

3 - The elite tentaclaws in the first dungeon are extremely overpowered & yield pathetic xp with no loot. A team of three level 6s could not defeat even a single elite 3 on 1, in a dungeon that's supposed to be geared to lvl 3-5 players. Boss also OHKOs a L6 tank. Given that this dungeon is suggested for players 3-5, it is more likely setup for a party of lvl 10+, tone it down some & also increase the exp granted by the elites, otherwise they aren't worth fighting.

4 - Sharpshooter's ability (steady shot IIRC) glitch reveals fog of war. You can explore the whole map from the start, without even moving.

5 - Remove the white text that describes what each character is doing every time they use a skill, it's annoying regardless, but if you have more than 1 active player it creates a non-stop wall of text that blocks the left half of the screen, removing up to 40% of the player's view.

All that having been said, however, it is a good start to what looks to be shaping into a decent RPG, keep up the good work, it'll be nice to see/play it when it is finished. I also played your other RPG, Eternal Shadows ORPG, that was pretty fun. Looking forward to the sequel. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]