StarCraft® II

List of new HotS campaign stuff!

Ok, so, a HUGE WARNING TO SPOILERS that may be revealed here, but there's this huge list of things that are present in the HotS campaign, ranging from new units and buildings to evolution of Zerg units to new tilesets and Kerrigan's upgrades and abilities in the campaign. (It's incredibly long) There's even apparently 3 different "cosmetics" for Kerrigan: Ghost, Fusion and Infested. I wonder...What does that mean? Will Kerrigan slowly change over the course of the campaign, or is it just a skin that can be picked, or an ability, focus or upgrade that turns Kerrigan different but isn't mandatory to use?

List is here:
http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/general/general-chat/42485-leaked-heart-of-the-swarm-beta-unit-details-video/?page=3#p60

Devourer Specular and Diffuse texture merged together:
http://i.imgur.com/jYvCh.png

Guardian Specular and Diffuse texture merged together:
http://i.imgur.com/ZzEFu.jpg
Edited by Alexander on 9/9/2012 11:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Also, some picture of most of the Zerg evos:
http://www.sc2mapster.com/media/attachments/30/922/Zerg_HoTS_Units.jpg

Looks like the flying Roach-like unit near the Banelings is using the Guardian texture. To be honest, the original SCII Swarm Guardian looks more like the SC1 Guardian than this one does. I prefer that one over this "Flying Roach".
Edited by Alexander on 9/9/2012 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So, Blizzard are bringing the Devourer back after all; I thought Dustin Browder said there wouldn't be enough AA battles to warrant its return.

Oh, and "Narud Xel'Naga"... :o

EDIT: Aha, but no trace of Stukov or the UED. Good.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 9/10/2012 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So, Blizzard are bringing the Devourer back after all; I thought Dustin Browder said there wouldn't be enough AA battles to warrant its return.

Oh, and "Narud Xel'Naga"... :o

EDIT: Aha, but no trace of Stukov or the UED. Good.

Seriously, StarCraft has a tendency of bringing too many characters back from death. Kerrigan, Stukov, Fenix, Tassadar, The Overmind, The Cerebrates...Some should stay dead, perhaps? :P
Edited by Alexander on 9/10/2012 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
But Kerrigan never died. :/
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 06:10 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
But Kerrigan never died. :/

Well, died in the sense that the QoB died in WoL and that Kerrigan was turned into the QoB in SC1. We were even led to believe she had died.
Reply Quote
So, Alex, you finally reveal your sources. Thank you.
Reply Quote
Hiss, I've been had. Should've noted that was the sc2mapster discussion, not your actual source.

Wait, facepalm: the beta is your source, right?
Reply Quote
The source of this information is indeed the beta language files :P
Reply Quote
I wonder if HotS will take us to Aiur again; the renegade Zerg broods there won't reclaim themselves.
Reply Quote
09/11/2012 01:26 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
I wonder if HotS will take us to Aiur again; the renegade Zerg broods there won't reclaim themselves.

Nope, no Aiur in HotS.
Reply Quote
09/11/2012 01:26 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf

That will very likely be saved for Legacy of the Void, or possibly even StarCraft III.
Reply Quote
09/11/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Justin

That will very likely be saved for Legacy of the Void, or possibly even StarCraft III.

Oh, definitely LotV. And I doubt they're planning anything after LotV. :P
Reply Quote
Kinda weird that nobody seems to care about the Aiur broods anymore. Even in Brood War, neither the UED nor Kerrigan bothered reclaiming them to bolster their own forces.
Reply Quote
That ultralisk looks so very sharp. Rippin up those marines will most likely be it's specialty :D.
Reply Quote
09/11/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Alexander

Oh, definitely LotV. And I doubt they're planning anything after LotV. :P
The UED won't be coming back this game, unless there's a major plot-twist coming. While they might not have any definitive plans, they'll doubtless make a third game at some point.
Reply Quote
Daaaaaang, that's some pretty sick info you've got there! It's awesome how Defilers, Devourers, and Guardians all came back! Those unit split models look boss too, and Guardians look very interesting. If only I knew what the splits did! :P

Nice job bro! LIIIIIIKEEE
Reply Quote
yay at least i wont have to use corruptors in campaign :)
Reply Quote
Question: do you have any more unit models, or any ability details, or anything? I want mooooarrrr...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]