StarCraft® II

starcraft 2 wings of liberty upgrade

okay so i actually pre-ordered this game and played for a little bit and was able to access the full game but due to computer problems i was unable to play it and i just got a new computer...when i loaded the game it said i only had the starter version and that i had to buy the upgrade to play the full game...any thoughts as to what happened??
Reply Quote
This happened to my friend as well. I'm not sure what happened but he said he is going to have to call support for help.
Reply Quote
why don't you contact support from your account, they would assist
Reply Quote
were do you find the upgrade??
Reply Quote
how you upgrade ?
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 01:26 AMPosted by Smiley
okay so i actually pre-ordered this game and played for a little bit and was able to access the full game but due to computer problems i was unable to play it and i just got a new computer...when i loaded the game it said i only had the starter version and that i had to buy the upgrade to play the full game...any thoughts as to what happened??

Change your password. this will refresh your account and should fix the problem.
Reply Quote
How do you upgrade to the full version of Star craft wings of liberty
Reply Quote
how do you upgrade and you said you HAVE TO PAY!!! I bought this game at wallmart for 20 something dollars and you have to pay to upgrade.Well that sucks.
Reply Quote
how do you upgrade and you said you HAVE TO PAY!!! I bought this game at wallmart for 20 something dollars and you have to pay to upgrade.Well that sucks.

Contact support. If you paid for a retail copy of the game, you should have the full version. Also make sure you entered the key included in the box to assign your copy to your account. If you didn't do that, you won't have access to the full version.
Reply Quote
hey if you haven't figured this out i just found out about it. That code on the front of the game is what you use to upgrade it. you go to where it shows that it can have an upgrade and then click enter key code and its that code on the front of the disc case
Reply Quote
Guys how do I play Protoss online I bought wings of liberty for 60 bucks AND I CAN'T GET FULL EDTION???
Reply Quote
Guys how do I play Protoss online I bought wings of liberty for 60 bucks AND I CAN'T GET FULL EDTION???

If you bought it from a store (which should be selling for 40 now, not 60), then you'll have to enter in the 25 digit key on the sleeve of the game in the box. Go to your account settings, and hit "Add Game" or something along those lines, and type in the code for SC2.
Reply Quote
I've got the same problem and I've tried everything save buying a new copy or adding the expansion in hopes that would fix it. It's still telling me that it's a Starter Edition.
I might have skipped the registration at the start but I have since then input the key code sequence with no better results.
Reply Quote
ow do you upgrade to the full version
Reply Quote
ow do you upgrade to the full version

Did you buy the game? If so, put in the key code that they give you.... somewhere. I got the CE, and it gave me the code on the CD case.

If you didn't buy it yet, apparently a lot of these guys are getting issues with upgrading it. Whether that's because of something up on Blizzard's end or if they're just doing it wrong, I don't know. Still, if you buy it online (ie from Blizzard) then you could skip all this because they automatically add it to your BNet.
Reply Quote
hey guys, whats up

hey PLEASEEEEEEE RESPOND I have the starter addition and I played everything but how do I upgrade to the full game for free PLEASE HELP
Reply Quote
UM, can someone tell me the code to upgrade to the full version
Reply Quote
where can i find upgrading key
Reply Quote
where can i find upgrading key
Reply Quote
how do u upgrade
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]