Suggestion for Sentry

Replace Hullucination with a heal ability that makes the Sentry a Medic, but it heals somewhat slower and along with costing x energy/x HP healed, it also costs 1 shield point/1 HP healed from the targeted unit, making it very much an out-of-combat spell. I think it should be the opposite of a Medic as far as targeting goes, only targeting mechanical units. I mean, Zealots' lives are "for Aiur" anyways, and Templar can be recycled into Archons.
Edited by Engineer on 9/13/2012 4:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Interesting, but if protoss was gonna get a heal unit, It wouldn't be sentry lol It would have to be a new unit entirely. Or maybe something like very slow repair in pylon radius o_o
Reply Quote
Well, if not the Sentry and not a new unit, then I guess you could make Protoss units heal slowly like Zerg units when maxed out on shields and withing Pylon radii. I think it might be okay because it wouldn't have a huge effect on balance.
Reply Quote
that I could go for; though a lot of ppl will cry foul if it does
Reply Quote
what if just in LotV campaign?
Reply Quote
Maybe make it a shield recharge rather than a true heal, since the Protoss have never been able to regen HP.
Reply Quote
I could see that ability in the LotV campaign; could also see the return of the Dragoons and the abilites that Blizz took from the multiplayer "Khrydarin Crystals and Flux Vanes" come to mind; but that's the single player... about sheild recharge...maybe if it was AoE but then what would the cost be?..the equivilent in the original Starcraft was "Sheild Battery" no one used em they were a waste of resources.
Kinda stings making an ability or structure that no one uses.
Reply Quote
healing would be amazing for units. Although the sheilds from the beginning of the SC Universe I thought covered that part of protoss?
Reply Quote
Heal would be too strong in SC2. Immortals would never die, and increased out of battle regen anyways would just stack more Shields. It would be just too strong, especially on a Sentry, which is a very mobile unit.

Sheld Batteries weren't OP because you had to build them, and then you had to come all the way back to regenerate, and you had to select who to heal. This would make a few Immortals be able to take out a whole base, even with heavy static D.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]