StarCraft® II

Automine and Suggested Miners

I know this is beating a dead horse because everybody has been talking about it but I feel that automine in the beginning of game and the main base telling you how many miners you should have on minerals and gas is kinda silly.

I mean, at the end of the day I suppose it doesn't really matter much when it comes to pros and simply good/decent players but having auto mine and suggested miners kinda beats the point of teaching the basic fundamentals that lower level players need to learn.
Reply Quote
But here's the thing. Not everyone cares to learn so much about starcraft. I'm rank 1 silver! And I honestly just want to proxy hatch and mass battlecruisers. Now, if someone wants to pay me to play Starcraft I'll gladly learn all the timings and count all the workers!
Reply Quote
Seriously, it's a video game. #1 point is to have fun. Tedium, such as needless counting, does not improve funness.
Reply Quote
Worker counting wouldn't bother me if it weren't WRONG. Optimal saturation is 16.
Reply Quote
Auto mine is odd and is throwing me of. I personally don't like it for ladder play, main reason is I don't like lowering skill cap for the game.

09/14/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Amridell
Worker counting wouldn't bother me if it weren't WRONG. Optimal saturation is 16.

It's showing max, having it show optimal would be even more silly.
Reply Quote
"Optimal" [Most Minerals Per Second Per SCV] saturation is 16.

Most-minerals-per-second is what people generally think of as Optimal, and that would be 24. Go look it up on TeamLiquid/Liquipedia if you don't trust me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]