Terran is the hardest race.

Terran is the easiest race to learn but the hardest to master. When it comes to end game mechanics, Terran IS the hardest race. But that doesn't mean you should QQ about it.
Reply Quote
It's just frustrating. I feel like I have to play significantly better than my evenly matched opponents in order to beat their superior armies. You can have a 200/200 army vs Protoss's 200/200 army max upgrades and everything and your entire army can still melt so fast. It is like fighting a knife with a stick of butter. I decided to take a break and evaluate my play. Switching to Protoss isn't the answer. It's not that I can't do it because I can beat master level players as Protoss. It's that in switching to Protoss, I would be just like so many other Terrans that have given up on them.
Reply Quote
09/15/2012 05:08 PMPosted by MappyTinfoil
The title of this thread made my day. Lol hardest race xD

says a protoss... :)

Hardest race doesn't make sense
Reply Quote
http://www.sc2ranks.com/stats/league/all/1/all

GM League, 46% is Protoss, 17% is Terran and 33% is Zerg, guess why?
Reply Quote

My point exactly.
Reply Quote

If you ask a Protoss or a Zerg, they try to come up with all of this in factual data to prove the factual data wrong. Such as: oh well, more people just like Zerg or Protoss. The data has been here for some time to prove that there is something wrong with Terran. If Terran was OP, or balanced, there would be equal numbers of them in all leagues.
Reply Quote
09/14/2012 02:48 PMPosted by SirZ
no one used widow mines because the only thing anyone had to do to win as terran was build mass warhounds. It easily beat every other composition on it own with no support.

I actually saw support for that point recently. There's a posted video on YouTube where someone was playing around with the beta unit tester, and they were able to use mass warhounds (100 supply worth) to wipe out every composition in the game, even those up to 200 supply. The only composition it didn't beat outright was mass baneling at 200 supply, and only a small handful of banelings were left. All the other compositions, where at the same supply, same cost, and 200 supply, were butchered. I think that's all the argument that needs to be leveled for it to be removed. I don't think there would have been a way to balance it at all, because for it's cost, it's way too powerful; it wiped the floor with mass thor and mass ultralisk.

I'm kind of happy atm, now that we have bio Battle Hellions. I still think we need a Goliath like unit to even things out totally, but since the developers are working on making Bio mech viable, if they give us something better, or give us similar sorts of upgrades or units in the same direction, I'd be excited about that, too.
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Yue
If you ask a Protoss or a Zerg, they try to come up with all of this in factual data to prove the factual data wrong. Such as: oh well, more people just like Zerg or Protoss. The data has been here for some time to prove that there is something wrong with Terran. If Terran was OP, or balanced, there would be equal numbers of them in all leagues.

Your numbers mean nothing though. The game isn't based off of probability. If the game is perfectly balanced, then it comes down to individual skill levels, that means that the game shouldn't turn out a 33% for each race. And there is no way Terran will be equal numbers in all leagues, they will always have a heavy amount in bronze and silver.

You play through the entire campaign as a Terran. Don't you think you're going to start MM with a race you're more familiar with before making a final decision on what race to play.

Furthermore, ladder stats mean very little to balance as a whole anyway. ROOTCatz is always a GM player. How often do you see him winning GSL's, never. How often do you see him off racing as a Terran and still winning, often. How often does he play standard, never. Pure statistics when referring to human nature is just stupid. Catz is a GM because he's a better player, not because of his race. So already that's one player that should be excluded from the stats proving Terran is UP, because Catz uses Terran to win just fine at GM level.

I wonder how many more players I could find that have this same predicament, that they win because they're better, regardless of their race. Probably quite a few, and the more you find, the more your "factual data" means nothing at all.
Reply Quote
Nope you just suck learn to play
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]