StarCraft® II

Zerglings and Zealots 2: Hall of Legends.

I, KnarledOne, have taken it upon myself to resurrect this RP in the name of all our old, lost RPers, whose names we remember with gladness.

People like NickDaMan, Vultureling, IraqLobster, MockingJay, HowBabysRBrn, Wfawwer, BcInfinity (see, I remembered you), and all those other guys who are either dead or only barely alive.

So, let us begin. You arrive to find yourself in the middle of a huge temple. Massive stone statues dominate the gigantic room, arranged in a circle near the walls. A gigantic Changeling is directly in front of you, a hideous grin frozen on its stone face. Just to its left is a massive stone Overlord, its cold glance freezing you with logical horror. To its left is a huge stone Marine with a Gauss Rifle and a Psi-Blade. One step further down the line is a Spectre, and then a creature that could have been a Firebat, a Lobster, or some other things you're not sure about. Then comes a female ghost, a young girl who looks both sad and fierce at the same time. She is supporting the lifeless body of another young Ghost, this one male. A great stone tear trickles from her right eye.

The next statue is of a great, fierce man, his body enveloped in clouds and lightning. Next to him is another man, one who resembles General Warfield... or is it Arcturus Mengsk? Either way, the man's face commands great respect. Next to that is a massive grinning Hybrid. Then there is a huge statue of something that looked like the terrible offspring of a Zergling and a Vulture, and then your gaze has returned to the Changeling.

This time, you notice that a man sits at a desk at the foot of the statue. You walk up to him.

"Greetings," he says. "I am the official Clerk of the Hall of Legends. Are you here to apply?"

You nod your head dumbly, having no idea what he's talking about.

"It is very exciting, is it not? The planet always goes wild when it's announced a new statue will be added to the Hall of Legends. Actually, not many have applied so far. I guess the fact so many applicants died last time turned them off. Oh, forgive me for blithering. I need you to fill this out really quick..."

<PlayerName>
Character Name.
Character Race(s).
Character Base Unit(s).

"Thanks," he says as you hand him the completed application. "Wait, hold on a sec. I was supposed to give you something. Of course, for the first applicant it's a little bigger, but no matter."

He hands you some things, but you suddenly interrupt him before he can speak again.

"Wait. Where am I? What the heck did I just sign up for?"

He looks at you with genuine astonishment.

"I thought you knew! This is the Hall of Legends. All those statues you see represent great warriors, leaders, writers, mages, etcetera. There are many great names there... Zanon, HBRB, MockingJay, TheCommander, ThunderCrash... many great, great names. Wait, are you one of them? Well, if you're not I should tell you how things work. You will leave here once done and go to the town. There you should quest around, complete sub-plots with the other players, and generally be heroic. Well, you could be evil too, that worked for the Changeling there.
"Anyways, every now and then Dee'Em, the guardian spirit of the town and temple, will cause something to happen that will test the wits and powers of all the contestants. After a while, all the players and anyone else who happens to be watching will vote to determine which player is the worthiest. A likeness of that person's guardian spirit will be placed here in the Hall of Legends in their honor. Pretty sweet, eh?"

You think a moment. "Are there any facilities here in the Temple that will be of use to me?"

"Sure!" He says. "There's an arena back there where players can practice. You can change the configuration by saying a prayer to Dee'Em. Over there is a portal to the Bar, where you can get something to drink..."

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6522503786?page=1#115

"...and over there is the History Portal, where you can find the Original Z&Z. "

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2522072239

"Oh, but wait. You'll have to leave all your weapons here except two. And you'll have to refrain from using any of your special powers except two. So, which will it be?"

Character Armaments.
Character Abilities.

"...Great! Now you're set. Oh, but I'm curious. I forgot to tell you, my sight is very weak, what do you look like?"

Character Physical Appearance.

"Hmm. You sound like an interesting looking person. Tell me about yourself."

Character Backstory.

"Wow, you've lead quite the life. I can see why your guardian spirit has brought you here, you stand a great chance of winning and getting his or her statue added to the collection. Well, it's been great to meet you. I wish you good luck, now get out there and win!"

"...Oh, wait. I should describe the town to you really quick so you don't get lost. When you walk out of the temple the first thing you'll see will be the K'ang. That's a free place for travellers to stay, so I daresay you'll use it. To the left of the K'ang is Infernundy Street, and to the right is Breakout Boulevard. They join with Crash Avenue to form a triangle. The Mayor's mansion is on Crash, so if you need him or if you somehow get elected mayor, you should have no trouble finding the place. There are two other places to stay, just so you know. The Smiles Resort is a fancy hotel on Breakout Boulevard, it's pretty nice, but they won't let you in unless they deem you worthy. Their owner disappeared, so the Mayor took over until he returns. Also there's a residential area connected to Infernundy Street, if you're ever looking to be a homeowner.
"There's some nice food here too. JoeyRay's bar is right next to the K'ang if you don't like Zanon's, or if you just want to patronize the town. On Crash there's a fancy place called the Drone and Spectre, like a bar but more cultured. Its owner disappeared, though I think he was a Commander or something. Breakout's got the Defiler, a great diner if you're a Zerg. Used to be owned by the same guy that owned the hotel, but he vanished. Might come back. The Roach Warren is right next to the Defiler, they got some serious competition going. On Infernundy there's Day to Remember, that place has some real great food. Owner's a little creepy, but then again nobody's seen him for a while.
"There are some stores and assorted houses, but most are for sale to one with money and honor. I sure hope you enjoy your stay here. The Dungeon is to the west, so straight past the town once you leave here. It's weird cuz it changes all the time, we think Dee'Em does it. The rest of the directions are woods. There's a volcano past the South Forest, and the mountain east of the Temple isn't exactly forbidden. Of course, there's no prohibition on going into space as long as it conforms to the plot.
"One more thing to remember is that here, the plot is driven entirely by the players. It starts with only one plot element: the contest. From there, it's up to you to find your destiny and prove that you are the greatest of them all."

"Wait," you say. He looks up again. "What's this planet called?"

He smiles.

"Echo VI."

Tl; dr - This is your chance, relatively new people. Your statue is not yet present in the Hall. There virtually no rules or restrictions on this thread, so bring in any character you want from any RP or create a new one. All you have to do is prove your worth by developing good plots with the other players and proving your valor and cunning. Eventually everyone will vote and determine who will be immortalized in the Hall of Legends. I'm going to join too, probably.
As for you old people who are already in the Hall: you can join too. Please do, in fact. You will receive special veterancy benefits to give you a headstart. Keep in mind that your char can also fulfill a mentor role (or antagonist role) for the newer chars, thus allowing you to more heavily influence who will win.

Character signup:

<PlayerName>
Character Name.
Character Race(s).
Character Base Unit(s).
Character Armaments (up to 2).
Character Abilities (one for now).
Character Physical Appearance.
Character Backstory.

I will occasionally cause some event to speed up the Roleplaying, but remember there are few rules. Anyone can develop a crazy plotline... just don't go overboard or everyone will try to kill you.
Clarification: this means I am the DM. I may give this role to someone else if they want it and I don't. Don't worry, this thread is not governed by the DM. The DungeonMaster has two jobs: customize the Dungeon when he/she first gets control, and ensure that the thread runs smoothly by causing events and managing the Information Desk and the Board. Also, whenever a new thread is created the DM must post a fully updated description of the Hall of Legends, as well as a recap of current events.

Have fun,
KO.
Edited by KnarledOne on 9/13/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Information Desk.

Current Arena Layout: Colloseum. Circle of tiles, no special features.

Current Dungeon Theme: Lava.
The Board.

Current Statues:
HowBabysRBrn

Wfawwer

NickDaMan

TheCommander

IraqLobster

MockingJay

Thundercrash

Zanon

Smylez

Vultureling

Current Players:

For the record: Screw character lists!

THIS IS ZERGLINGS AND ZEALOTS!!!
Edited by KnarledOne on 9/14/2012 1:27 PM PDT
<Zakun>
Torvus Jentus
Terran
...I don't think he has one. Fencer in Dishonored,Assassin by my standards.
Long sword, Hidden Blades, Throwing Knives
Stealth (Passive/Active)
Scar across his left eye and several along his arms, Wears leather reinforced armor. The metal is something he picked up visiting the Lorian system, light weight and strong. Dirty blonde hair, green eyes skinny, but muscular, build, sun-tanned skin.
Was working freelance as an assassin for a long time when one of his jobs crossed with Markus. Working together, they made short work of the target. Decided to stick with him after words. Left for reasons known only to him and has since gone back to assassin work.
Edited by Zarkun on 9/13/2012 1:30 PM PDT
<Zanon>
Name: Discord
Character Race(s): Protoss/Terran hybrid AI
Character Base Unit: Protoss Replicant
Character Armaments: Replicate weaponry
Character Abilities: Replicate, Hack
Character Physical Appearance: Gold/Blue sphere, but varies significantly when Replicating something.
Character Backstory: Found in a Terran research facility as a mere hard drive. A scientist plugged him in, and Discord hacked the base security systems and released a nuro-toxin that killed the facility's entire staff. He then integrated himself into a replicant that the scientist's were experimenting on and made his escape.

He met a changeling and Ghost, with whom he traveled for a while, and eventually parted company with them.
Edited by Zanon on 9/13/2012 1:53 PM PDT
Welcome, Zarkie. As first joiner you receive a first class room card for the Smiles Resort, and a VIP gift card for the restaurant of your choice.

On a more practical note, you may add an additional weapon.

-Reserved for response to Zanon-
Edited by KnarledOne on 9/13/2012 1:29 PM PDT
Cool. I shall add...throwing knives.
Reserved for character post

I'm not really in the mood right now. Let me rephrase that, I'm not in a good mood at all.
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 9/13/2012 1:36 PM PDT
Why not? I wasn't able to come in last time, so I figure I'll pop in.

Name: Malak

Race: Protoss Nerazim

Base Unit: Dark Templar, Arlank Clan

Armaments: Lenassa Warp Blade, Psi-shield

Abilities: DT cloak

Physical Appearance: Typical Protoss build, thicker and more muscular than normal. Skin is pure black, with amber eyes. Has a long scar across his chest.

Backstory: the Arlank clan was among the most war-like of the Nerazim. Following partially in the footsteps of their Zealot brethren, those of the Arlank strive to improve their combat skills, and seek new ways to enhance their combat styles. it is traditional after completing their Shadowwalk, for Arlanks to begin their own solitary journey, developing their combat style and learn new skills.

Malak was an extremely accomplished warrior, known for his quick thinking and technological ingenuity. At 800 years of age, Malak has seldom settled in one place for long. The war with the Zerg has been a true delight for him, as the newly developed technology gave him new opportunities to learn. He directly adapted the hardened shields of the Immortals into a classical shield, which he wears constantly and can activate at any time. An aggressive fighter, he uses both warp blade and shield in conjunction with his natural psionic abilities for both offense and defense, and he delights in overcoming opponents more powerful than him. He will not hesitate to retreat, however, when the situation calls for it.
Ort ort ort!

EDIT:
09/13/2012 01:30 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
I'm not really in the mood right now. Let me rephrase that, I'm not in a good mood at all.

That sums it up...

Please add the old Joey Ray's menu, I'll egt the link in a moment. Making a character as well.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2522163125?page=1

Character Name: Vultreling
Character Race(s): Zerg/Terran Hybrid
Character Base Unit(s): Zergling, Vulture, Insanity
Character Armaments (up to 2): Long-range grenades spat/urinated/tossed (Don't ask) while running.
Character Abilities (one for now): Occasional bursts of insanity (I'll roll a dice)
Character Physical Appearance: A REALLY fast Zergling.
Character Backstory.
Edited by Vultureling on 9/13/2012 2:12 PM PDT
OK, Zanon and Thundercrash are accepted. As Legendary Figures, you will receive a veterancy bonus.

You may each choose an additional weapon, and you will begin with Fame level Renowned, granting you access to all restaurants. You also have a secret sanctum hidden behind your statue.
Was I supposed to get a second ability?
No, just a weapon.
K just checking.
I'm to lazy to edit.

<CR>

Name: Angelos Boriel
Race: Terran
Unit: Marine with Ghost training without the psionics
Armaments: Modified Gauss Rifle, Karasi Pistol
Abilities: Tactical Mind
Physical Appearance: Has a Angelic Tattoo on his right shoulder and a tribal on both his arms. He wears a combat suit that is very common with the Underworld Angel's. He has hazel eyes, average build, brown wavy hair, goatee. White to tannish skin.
Backstory: He quickly became a squad leader within the Angel's, when not fighting he read books or sharpened his skills. So far he fought many Guerrilla Raids and more against the Dominion and several Search and Destroy missions. Will kill or talk his way out of situations.
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 9/13/2012 2:20 PM PDT
Now that I think about it, what are the restaurants?
Wall. Of. Text.
Oh, why . . . ?
Because I can.

And Zarkun, they are in the description.

Defiler, Roach Warren: competing Zerg restaurants. Some quests might stem from their rivalry.

Drone and Spectre: Upper-class pub.

JoeyRay's Bar: Self describing. All welcome.

Day to Remember: fancy restaurant.
Edited by KnarledOne on 9/13/2012 2:39 PM PDT
Hmmmm....I'll take...Day to Remember.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]