StarCraft® II

Graveyard Shift. . . (Open Roleplay) (Tl;Dr)

Epilogue, Star Date 2567, Wednesday 19:25, Terran Protoss Relations base camp M.A.K.O.
February 27;
Log of {Data Purged, Manual Insert Required},
It's a rainy Wednesday evening, a normal watch.
The base of Alpha MAKO is a standard one at that. Basic Terran outpost, few resources spent on it. But it's a base. It's your base.
You patrol with your likeness of soldiers, Marines and Zealots, basic gear. You hold your weapon loosely, nothing has really happened to you or most of your corps. A few buggers here and there, but the Zerg are laid back.
Your HUD flashes slightly, and a prompt message is relayed. Your Watch Captain signals you to come over to the tower, and it appears your fellow troops also got the message.
You leisurely walk with {Data Purged, Manual Squad Member Insert Required} and your other friend {Data Purged, Manual Squad Member Insert Required}. One of them makes a witty remark about 'End of Watch', and you laugh slightly. Walking forward you notice the Protoss seem to be a little more worried, while the marines just kind've 'Meh' about the situation. Your friend {Data Purged, Manual Squad Member Insert Required} rushes forward, worried. You and your other friend rush after him.
As you climb up the watch tower you notice a large Portal, almost in a far off field. It looks Protoss from what your basic knowledge can tell, but you don't seem to care to much.
Your Watch Captain, regardless of the Squad's opinion, tells you to go investigate it. The 12 of you are all ordered to go investigate in a dropship with Hellion and Sentry Ground support.
Your dropship slowly hovers in over the site, but do to interference with ships systems (Odd?) you are dropped off about a mile away and the dropship lands and the pilot and co - pilot set up a camp. You continue on foot with the hellions and your friend {Data Purged, Manual Squad Member Insert Required} decides to sit on the rim of one of these hellions.
The eight minute trek seems a lot longer than it is, and when you arrive it doesn't seem very worth it. It appears to just be a warp gate portal, and there are even ruins projecting it, but you aren't sure why it wasn't up earlier. Another odd thing is what it does to your HUD and Protoss shields. The atmosphere is breathable, and you being picky flip up your visor so the static does not interfere with your vision. The protoss inspect it while you wait, and then after about thirty minutes you leave the site and walk back to the Dropship sight.
But when you get there. . . Everyone's gone. Scared, you all run into the dropship and your friend {Data Purged, Manual Squad Member Insert Required}, decides to pilot it you get the hell out back to base. But once you arrive back at the base. . . They're all gone. Everyone. . . All 256 Human Colonists, all the Protoss, all the Watch Guard. They're all just gone. . . You and your team freak out, and wel--{File Lost, Must be Manually Refilled}.
-Begin-

OOC;
First off, I'm back! First role play in awhile, and you know with a IraqLobster rp it means overly complicated DnD style systems. Since Ace was banned, I will let anyone with half decent grammar in! Two requirements though, first have fun, second, peanuts.

Graveyard Shift;
THE CLASSES
[Insert TF2 music Here.]

Protoss;
Templaric De'Tun: The Dark Templar of warriors, they stalk and prefer strategy to straight up fighting. They are not thinkers, but strategists. While a Templaric Zealot would charge a enemy, a Templaric De'Tun would wait, days possibly, to have a shot at a quick clean kill.
They're fast, Stealthy, and on ships almost invincible due to their sneakiness.
But even the Templaric De'Tun have downsides. In a straight up fight, they are almost useless. Even though they have high damage melee weapons, their health is low and if they're fighting more than three in a straight up fight they're almost sure to fail. Their low health means they will often be providing support, and are not often involved in most major battles unless assassinations are needed.

Templaric Zealot'Tun: The warriors of 'True Fighting' as what you call it. None of that sneaky crap, a single one Templaric Zealot'Tun would willingly charge an ultralisk. They are tough and can take many hits. They may not be the fastest, or the most strategic, but man, if you want an army demolished, these are the guys for you. Honor is their code and they do not disobey this code. They have strong weapons, strong armor and shields, and are in general strong. But how could being a tank have downsides? You're a very clunky and heavy soldier and stealth is not in your vocabulary. In small spaces and ships you cannot do to well and are not good at fighting 'ninjas' of the sort.

Templaric Sentinel:The Sentinel is not a fighter, but a back up. Sentinels are okay at fighting, but there main skill is support. They can emanate psionic energies in any form, and can cast any spell you can think of. They also focus on healing, and combined with force fields they can make Templaric Zealot'Tuns invincible. Although they do not have many main attacks, they can use their psionic energies to create Psi Storms and Psi Bolts. But even these have downsides. Sadly, they cannot heal themselves, and they cannot fight for crap. In almost any form of fight they will fail, but if combined with a Zealot'Tun the Zealot is basically their weapon.

Terran:
Scout: The scout is a mix of a fighter and a ninja, which is what Terran is about. The scout is not all around though. They can fight good and are rather fast and sneaky, but they are rather weak, regardless of how well they can fight. Scouts are often used for relaying information, killing units in the beginning of battles, and if Ghosts are not available, even rarely for Assassinations. But sadly, even this fighter has weaknesses. He like stated before is not very good at straight up fighting, but he can fight. Furthermore they are scrawny and often operate alone in weak groups of three.

Raider: "Raider is not weapon," Raider says. Raider is a fighting support class. They often use grenades and rockets to blow up structures and tanks while giving support to front line troops. They are not straight up fighters, but they are definitely fighters. Even in a straight up fight they can still kick butt, but their main role is mostly defense. They barrage the enemy with bombs and grenades and rockets, But what happens when someone comes up close? They are not good melee fighters, and even though they can fight in straight up fights they are not very strong. Their weapon is mostly long range, and they can't use them at close without probably hurting themselves.

Duke Warrior: Dukes are melee fighters. They utilize large melee weapons to slaughter enemies up on the very front. They are often in the very front rows of legions and armies, with scouts and Raiders behind them. They prefer power weapons, and one alone could kill and ultralisk with a simple Energy Sword. But, they suck at long to medium range. They are often screwed if enemies in the back with machine guns and snipers pick them off before they can get close, and they also are not sneaky whatsoever. Unless carrying a 12 foot Plasma Sword on your back is stealthy.

Zerg:
The Corrupter: The offensive support class of the Zerg. They use infestation spores and acid sprays to ward off enemies. They can lay traps and even hatch bugs if necessary. They utilize acid and slowing zerg guck to defeat enemies at important choke points. These guys are fast though, and can grow wings if necessary. But even though they are great at support, they lack luster in fighting, and cannot equip weapons.

Hive Watcher: The opposite of the Corrupter, these zerg support other troops, healing, spreading clouds of cloaking spores to conceal allies, and blocking vision with swarms of insects to confuse enemies. They are the best healing class, and can transfuse and repair and damaged cell structure, fixing most flaws, (I.E. , if they were to transfuse you, you would be better than before you were hurt.) But these creatures unlike Corrupter also have flaws. They are not very fast off of creep and not very strong fighters, however, Hive Watchers can equip weapons.

The Sub Groups:
Scientist: You major in all things Bio Related. You can crack any sample and learn from it. The higher your skill the more you can learn from something. This also improves your knowledge of all forms of anatomy, making you a better doctor.

Strategist: You're a leader, a person who, obviously, looks at thing strategically. Every point you major in this gives you the ability for people to pay attention and listen to you. Also it gives you the ability to sway the voices of people, and often would win elections.

Engineer: You might not know what Engineers do, but we solve problems. Not like problems like "What is Beauty?". We solve practical problems. Engineers can build and pilot almost anything and every point you major in this makes you even better at mechanics.

Gunman: You're the blacksmith's pet. Whatever he makes, you use. You can use any gun, withstand any recoil. Everyone point you spend on this increases your overall usage of skill with guns.

Swordsman: You are a melee man. From Psi Blades to Katanas, you have it down. Every point you major in this will increase your agility and strength with a melee weapon.

Grunt: I fight because I was born to fight.It's in my blood. There is lots of killing to be done, and someone has to do it. You take hits and are generally badass.

You have 13 - 17 Points to spend in any one of these stats. The 13 to 17 is dependent on whether you're Zerg or Other. Zerg get 17, Protoss and Terran only get 13.

In addition you also have Six perks. These perks are totally random and all up to you, they could be cooking, Modeling, anything.
Edited by IraqLobster on 9/15/2012 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Please Fill out this Form for your character,

Name:
Sub Species (if one):
Skin Tone:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Class:
Sub Class Points: (List the three sub classes of your main class and how many points you put in each class)
Perks:
Bio:
Random Info:
Friends/Loved Ones:
Hatreds:

Also, you have 500 Pc. to spend on gear if you choose, if that seems to tedious, you will get standard gear. And do not worry, you'll find gear to.

Equipment Charts:
Miscellanious:
Basics (1 - 5 Cr. or 1 Pc.):
Mug: 1 Cr.
Mug (Large): 1.5 Cr.
Flask: 1 Cr.
Flask (Large): 1.5 Cr.

Traveler's Cloak: 1 Pc.
Bandana: 1 Cr.
Rug'taff Shoulder Pad (Damaged): 1 Pc.
Face Mask (Minor Gas Resistance): 1 Pc.
Hat (Fedora): 1 Pc.
Hat (Wide Brimmed): 3 Cr.
Kilt (Damaged): 1 Pc.
Robe (Any Sort, Torn): 1 Pc.

Water (1 Pint): 1 Cr.
Water (1 Quart) 2 Cr.
Water (1 Gallon) 3 Cr.

Juice (Processed, Orange): 5 Cr.
Juice (Processed, Lemon) 5 Cr.

Cola (Fizz): 5 Cr.
Cola (Flat): 1 Pc.

Ammo (Projectile Bullet [10 Rounds]): 1 Pc.
Ammo (Projectile Laser [10 Charges): 1 Pc.
Ammo (Projectile Plasma [10 Canisters]): 1 Pc.
Ammo (Rocket/Cannon Shells [1 Zaglass A.T.]): 1 Pc.

Advanced (2 Pc. - 10 Cr.):
Purified Water Container: 2 Pc. 3 Cr.
Purified Flask: 2 Pc. 3 Cr.

Jacket (Leather): 2 Pc.
Jacket (Fur): 10 Cr.
Robe (Clean, any sort): 2 Pc. 5 Cr.
Kilt (Clean): 2 Pc. 2 Cr.
Traveler's Space Cloak (Heat Sustaining): 2 Pc. 10 Cr.

Water (Clean 1 Pint): 1 Pc.
Water (Clean 1 Quart): 2 Pc.
Water (Clean One Gallon): 2 Pc. 5 Cr.

Juice (Fresh, any fruit): 2 Pc.
Juice (Fresh, any vegetable): 2 Pc.

Cola (Fizz, Clean): 2 Pc.
Cola (Flat, Clean): 2 Pc.

Weaponry:
Plasma Pistol: 3 Pc. Burns
Bullet Pistol: 1 Pc. No effect
Laser Pistol: 5 Pc. Burns through 1" solid objects
Mini Pistol A.T. Rocket: 10 Pc. Tracks Vehicle Treads/Tires

Plasma Shotgun: 10 Pc. Burns Spray
Bullet Shotgun: 5 Pc. Spray
Laser Shotgun: 20 Pc. Burns through 3" object, Spray
Spray Rocket Cannon: 25 Pc. Tracks Vehicle Mounter Weapons

Plasma Smg: 10 Pc. Burns Rapid Fire
Bullet Smg: 5 Pc. Rapid Fire
Laser Smg: 20 Pc. Burns through 2" object, Rapid Fire
Rapid Rocket Five Burst Cannon: 30 Pc. Fires Five Rockets, Tracks Driver

Plasma Assault Rifle: 12 Pc. 5 Cr. Short Controlled Burst, Burns
Bullet Assault Rifle: 8 Pc. Short Controlled Bursts
Laser Assault Rifle: 25 Pc. 7 Cr. Short Controlled Bursts, Burns through 5" material
Rocket Launcher: 50 Pc. Tracks Canopy of Vehicle

Plasma Sniper: 30 Pc. 20 Cr. Burns, Pierces Armor
Bullet Sniper: 20 Pc. Pierces Armor
Laser Sniper: 50 Pc. 3 Cr. Pierces Armor and continues burning behind hole in body
Long Range Mini Rocket: 50 Pc. Tracks Fast Moving Vehicle

Plasma Minigun: 56 Pc. Burns, Faster than Light firing Speed Depletes Very Fast
Bullet Minigun: 40 Pc. Faster than sound Firing Speed Depletes Very Fast
Laser Minigun: 80 Pc. Cr. 15 Faster than light, Burns through 1" per second. Depletes Fast

Special Weapons:
Plasma Cannon: 100 Pc. Giant Tracking Projectile, Burns and Explodes

Bullet 'Doom' Grapple Cannon: 100 Pc. Shoots three hooks that shoot through bodies and grapple/pull towards firer

Laser Purge: 100 Pc. Solid Beam, Burns through 1' of Titanium per minute, must be mounted.

Armor:
Basic (You customize and give details, it's YOUR armor): 3 Pc.
Advanced (You customize and give details, it's YOUR armor): 8 Pc.
Tactical (You customize and give details, it's YOUR armor): 5 Pc.
Speed (You customize and give details, it's YOUR armor): 4 Pc.
Camoflauge (You customize and give details, it's YOUR armor): 3 Pc.
Cloaking (You customize and give details, it's YOUR armor): 10 Pc.
Heavy (You customize and give details, it's YOUR armor): 20 Pc.
Rebuilding Nano (You customize and give details, it's YOUR armor): 12 Pc.
Rebuilding Nano Prototype (You customize and give details, it's YOUR armor): 50 Pc.
Plasma Shield Armor: (You customize and give details, it's YOUR armor): 25 Pc.
Burn Proof (You customize and give details, it's YOUR armor): 25 Pc.
Laser Proof (You customize and give details, it's YOUR armor): 50 Pc.

Shield Generator (Attach to armor): 10 Pc.

Combat Shield (Attach to armor): 5 Pc.

Tl;Dr (Due to Popular Demand).
Read the first little story part. And then Just quickly browse through the class section, pick your favorite, spend the stats, copy paste then name layout and fill it out and just pick standard gear.
Edited by IraqLobster on 9/15/2012 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Dude... nobody wants to read a book just to join a RP. I might join once others join and I see im not just wasting my time.
Reply Quote
That isn't that bad Markus. Trust me I have seen many that are more in depth than this. Besides I am sure there is a purpose for the wall of text.
Reply Quote
"I may join at a later date. Though not sure at the moment and don't feel like reading the entire thing at the moment."
Reply Quote
Nah I probably wrote to much, he's right. I got carried away. It happens when I eat Banana Bread.
Reply Quote
Name:Qual'ti (Quill is the nickname)
Race:Protoss
Sub Species (if one):
Skin Tone:Grey
Hair Color:Purple (Not sure if this is alright with lore, just say if it's not)
Eye Color:Violet (See above)
Class:Templaric Sentential
Sub Class Points: Engineer:2
Strategist:5
Scientist:6
Perks:Enhanced Vision
Advanced healing (can heal slightly faster)
Bio:Nothing much, he joined the military with his friends, and was quickly deployed here.
Random Info:He distrusts Zerg, likes Cola, and has all in all a massive sweet tooth (To get on his good side, give him some sweets!)
Friends/Loved Ones:They were all deployed seperatly, and he doesn't know where his family is.
Hatreds:Zerg, Vegetables.

Equipment:
(x1) Medigun
(x2) Large mug
(x10) Fizz Cola
(x1) Fur Jacket
(x1) Laser proof armor (Light, flexible materials, doesn't offer THAT much protection, but allows for good movement)
(x1) Shield Generator
(x1) Laser Sniper
(x2) lg.Flask
(x250) Laser ammo
(x1) Laser SMG
(That should be ok with credits)

This look alright?
Edited by Dacder on 9/16/2012 8:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I wrote a great deal more, and people still joined Z&Z 2. Still, that might have had something to do with the name of the RP and the tl; dr section.
Reply Quote
Sub Species (if one):
Bio:Nothing much, he joined the military with his friends, and was quickly deployed here.
Random Info:He distrusts Zerg, likes Cola, and has all in all a massive sweet tooth (To get on his good side, give him some sweets!)
Friends/Loved Ones:They were all deployed seperatly, and he doesn't know where his family is.

Equipment:
(x2) Large mug
(x10) Fizz Cola
(x1) Fur Jacket
(x1) Laser proof armor (Light, flexible materials, doesn't offer THAT much protection, but allows for good movement)
(x1) Shield Generator
(x1) Laser Sniper
(x2) lg.Flask
(x250) Laser ammo
(x1) Laser SMG

This look alright?
Looks great. :D
Reply Quote
Sub Species (if one):

Equipment:
(x2) Large mug
(x10) Fizz Cola
(x1) Fur Jacket
(x1) Shield Generator
(x1) Laser Sniper
(x2) lg.Flask
(x250) Laser ammo
(x1) Laser SMG

This look alright?
Looks great. :D
Excellent! :D
Reply Quote
Le Bump.
Because Screw You, that's why.
Reply Quote
Lobster, I'm going to post a character sheet by the days meet. I'm going to experiment and type it up in notepad.
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 03:34 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Lobster, I'm going to post a character sheet by the days meet. I'm going to experiment and type it up in notepad.
Days Meet?
Reply Quote
Before I go to bed.
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 03:36 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Before I go to bed.
Ah.

THE MORE YOU KNOW.

Also, I hope you get a statue put up in Zergling and Zealots 2.
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 03:37 PMPosted by IraqLobster
Before I go to bed.
Ah.

THE MORE YOU KNOW.

Then you gotta join it....
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 03:39 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Ah.

THE MORE YOU KNOW.

Then you gotta join it....
I'm a Veteran though. Me and Knarled go waaay back.
Reply Quote
I see, so you have a man working in the inside eh?
A roach is secretly building you the statue am I right. ;) :D
Reply Quote
I see, so you have a man working in the inside eh?
A roach is secretly building you the statue am I right. ;) :D
;D
Reply Quote
"But he already has a statue..."

Anyways I am making a character sheet right now. And do we need 3 sub classes?"
Edited by ShadowFury on 9/16/2012 3:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]