StarCraft® II

Mac OS X 10.8.1 and patch 1.4.4

Hi I have read previous threads related to the launcher loop of patch 1.4.4 and I have upgraded my Mac to Version OS X 10.8.1 however it is still stuck on the loop and wont let me play sc2..

Am i misunderstanding something or any help please?

Cheers in advance.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Does any error messages come up, or what part are you looping at/stuck at?
Reply Quote
Sorry should've been more specific. I'm stuck at the launcher. The launcher says it's still updating the patch 1.4.4, and it reaches 100% and just shuts all of SC2 down. Not sure what to do at all..
Reply Quote
Is there a more up-to-date version of OS X 10.8? Becuase I'm pretty sure it requires the latest version of 10.8
Reply Quote
hey mackhan.. I am a bit apprehensive about updating my mac from 10.6 to 10.8.. mostly cuz most of the review that i have read on the apple website were negative. people are claiming that their macs constantly crash and after the software update they macs have become tremendously slow. can i still play wings of liberity without having to update to 10.8??
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
You can for a limited time, but eventually soon it will be unsupported. You can read more in our sticky about this.

AFAIK, there isn't any major issues, as we test our games in these newer OS' all the time.
Reply Quote
yea, but i dont want my computer to become slow OVERALL. this doesnt have anything to do with the game. none what so ever. I am looking out for my computer in general. So far i have had my mac for the past 3 years and i have had NO complaints none what so ever with its performance. but when i have read mixed reviews regarding the update from 10.6 to 10.8 mostly negative ones alot of mac customers are ANGRY at APPLE cuz they complain that their macs have become EXTREMELY slow and tend to crash ALOT. I honestly, i have no intention in updating my mac if that was the case just to play a game made by blizzard. ANd i also have no intention in buying a BRAND NEW computer just to play heart of the swarm, thats just a waste of MONEY. DO you understand my situation here??????
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Understandable. The choice is yours to make, as you want to determine what your needs are and evaluate your options.

That being said, 10.6 will still be supported for a limited time for StarCraft II as outlined in the sticky. This is why we put the warning message out.
Edited by Machkhan on 1/16/2013 4:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]