StarCraft® II

Currently no new units planned for Terran

In HOTS it was revealed that with the removal of the Warhound that there are currently no plans to give Terran a new unit. For people hoping to get a new unit to replace the Warhound you're unfortunately out of luck. This is terrible for the game. Since it'll leave TVP the exact same. Mech won't really be viable and the matchup is going to have mostly the same unit compositions, strategies and all that. When an expansion comes out...People want to see new strategies, units and compositions. The only new unit that might be used in HOTS TVP matchup is the Widow Mine. That's a maybe too. Since it may not even end up being that good in the specific matchup or at all.

Meanwhile, we got the Widow Mine. Which seems like an ability that a unit should just get. Then there's the Battle Hellion which is an upgrade/different form a unit can transform into, but not really a brand new unit. I think we need some sort of new unit or major compensation(buff/change) to an old unit to make up for the Warhound being removed. We need an actual new unit. I can understand if Blizzard wants to continue the bio focused TVP metagame style, but please at least give us a new bio unit if you're gonna do that. Overall, I will not buy Heart of the Swarm if we are only getting the Widow Mine and Battle Hellion. Make it clear to Blizzard that the direction they are headed in with Terran in Heart of the Swarm is a disaster.
Edited by Cerberus on 9/19/2012 4:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yet it seems as if Terran is getting the short end, tho i do think that some kind of new unit will come out. if not i it seems Terran will go bio vs protoss and nothing will change in the match up other then the fact that they get a new late game air army + anti drop unit (mothership core) and we get no new late game upgrades or buffs besides the bc witch is counted by HT stalker. i do think that we might get a new unit we just have to have our hopes up.
Reply Quote
now terran getting !@#$ed over in HOT$... get ready to play bio in tvp for another year and a half and be told its balanced
Reply Quote
Despite the battle hellion not being a completely new unit, it will do a lot to make mech easier in TvP. Battle hellions to deal with chargelots, normal hellions to deal with immortals, tanks to deal with stalkers, colossus and templar, thors to deal with archons and can help against immortals or colossus using 250mm cannon. Mech would do alright even without air support. Add in vikings, banshees, and BC and you'll be fine.
Reply Quote
Demuslism has been playing with mech in TvP. Stop qqing and experiment with new comps. It's beta, this what it's for. Besides, no one said the warhound is gone for good.
Reply Quote
The problem is tech. BHellions are on a whole different tech tree than bio, so while we might upgrade bio to 3/3, those BHellions won't be.... and zealots will have 4 armors in the late game so the BHellions will be negated.
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Linkebungu
Despite the battle hellion not being a completely new unit, it will do a lot to make mech easier in TvP. Battle hellions to deal with chargelots, normal hellions to deal with immortals, tanks to deal with stalkers, colossus and templar, thors to deal with archons and can help against immortals or colossus using 250mm cannon. Mech would do alright even without air support. Add in vikings, banshees, and BC and you'll be fine.

Hellions vs Immortals, lololololololololololololololololol

But anyway, I do think that Battle Hellions will be fantastically useful. Chargelots will no longer be an "I Win" button for Protoss. As it stands now, Zealots are the cheapest hitpoints in the game. Even if Zealots did literally zero damage, they would still be awesome, because they soak up CRAZY levels of damage. Keep in mind that they don't have the same amount of shields as they do Hull, so EMP is not as effective against them.

So, you're marines are forced to shoot down zealots as they get mowed down by the Protoss tech units. With Battle Hellions in front, however, the Zealots don't tear through your Marines as quickly.

So, TvP will still be broken and lame, forcing Terran to do big damage early or else grow a third hand to micro with. At the least it will be slightly Less broken. Maybe.
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 11:44 AMPosted by IMRobB
Besides, no one said the warhound is gone for good.

Blizzard did.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6572359151#7
Edited by Mitchell on 9/19/2012 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Doesn't really surprise me.
Reply Quote
what do you mean? The firebat is back and Blizzard bought it a car.
Reply Quote
Plus flying banelings. Hush child.
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 02:25 PMPosted by SpookY
Hellions vs Immortals, lololololololololololololololololol

Problem?
Reply Quote
It's funny how the protoss players cried about the carrier and the warhound and they got what they wanted. Carrier in, Warhound gone. But when we want terran units or the warhound back, Blizzard says nope.

Really hoping for Terran to shine. I will still get the expo for the campain cause it sounds cool but the multiplayer will be a ehh for me as I will be playing custom games that alow the Warhound to be in....
Reply Quote
Mothership core has ruined any early game pressure vs Protoss, really they have had a buff in the PvT part but TvP is the exact same
Reply Quote
Totally disappointed with Hots. terran is *$#%# by other races. wtf do i do with widow mines and battle helions. useless... quiting starcraft...

Are you kidding? Helbats are great for dealing with lings/lots....add some into your bio and you get a nice meat shield.
Edited by Select on 3/15/2013 9:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Anyone who is quitting over not understanding the units will not be sorely missed.
Reply Quote
Anyone who is quitting over not understanding the units will not be sorely missed.

i will miss them, they are ze ppl i climb over to reach higher leaguez hue hue hue jk.. or am i.. 0.o
Reply Quote
HOLY NECRO BATMAN!
Reply Quote
HOLY NECRO BATMAN!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]