StarCraft® II

Adapting. . .

So as you know, I haven't been back for awhile and well. . . Things Change.
Based on the such positive input I got on my new RP, GraveYard Shift, I realize the new people of JoeyRay's bar do not appreciate my Roleplay style.
Which saddens me,
But I will change.

Still, I remember the days of Old, where NickDaMan, and Jake, and HowBabysRBrn, and all the other awesome awesome people of this forum would not hesitate to take five minutes to read and fill out the character sheet. . . And well. . . They're gone,
and this place has changed.

So this is me, adapting.
End Transmission.
Reply Quote
I would do anything what the list required of me, it's just that with so many things going on and school, it becomes harder on me....

Just don't change to much you got it? We could always have people like you that still exist that can help teach the younger generation.
Reply Quote
"I will probably join it as it is. I read the story. Just not everything else."
Reply Quote
I'm not mad people aren't joining or anything, after all it only took 10 minutes to write, I'm mad because how much this has changed in the month I've been gone. This is starting to turn into one of those Warcraft Roleplay forums.
Reply Quote
I read through it and joined :( It only took me like 15 minutes to read it/make my char...which isn't bad at all.
Reply Quote
That bad eh? Never went there myself but I will try to join your RP and all. I just need to figure out a way to approach it with the time I have. And maybe we should educate the younger generation of RPers.
Reply Quote
That might be interesting.
I've been reading through some of the new characters, and my main problem is that most of there characters are so boring, and dare I say basic. I miss characters like HowBabysRBrn, The Changeling,and Jake's, Teens that fit so well. He made them fit though. . .
Edited by IraqLobster on 9/15/2012 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Lobster, you know the Ropes? And I'm liking my characters, well most of them. The one that I absolutely hated, I got him killed off like that bam!

If you want we and when I mean by we I mean most of us. We could do some kind of round table and reinvent the RP character form? And we could try to at least get a paragraph of good text in the backstory. And I am sorry if I am one of those boring non creative people.
Reply Quote
Lobster, you know the Ropes? And I'm liking my characters, well most of them. The one that I absolutely hated, I got him killed off like that bam!

If you want we and when I mean by we I mean most of us. We could do some kind of round table and reinvent the RP character form? And we could try to at least get a paragraph of good text in the backstory. And I am sorry if I am one of those boring non creative people.
No, no, you make great characters. And what do you mean by reinvent?
Edited by IraqLobster on 9/15/2012 9:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't know, maybe change it up a bit so they can put more depth into their character, like they mean it. Like they are proud.
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 9/15/2012 9:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/15/2012 09:35 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
I don't know, maybe change it up a bit so they can put more depth into their character, like they mean it. Like they are proud.
That would be cool. They should be prideful enough to use the same character in multiple rps is my idea of a good character.
Reply Quote
09/15/2012 09:36 PMPosted by IraqLobster
That would be cool. They should be prideful enough to use the same character in multiple rps is my idea of a good character.
I am now starting to use people who I already used before, but some RP's it's going to be hard to integrate a character that you already have. So sometimes it's just better to make a character for that RP, and sometimes I want to have some more variety and so I don't get bored using the same people over and over again.
Reply Quote
I need to work on that, my only character (John Carlo) is really boring, and seriously lacks character development (not helped by the fact everyone hates him, and that he deserves it). Thinking of killing him off.
Reply Quote
"There are two main characters for me. The others I don't have the most major of plans. But they are both tightly integrated with Crymson's characters. They aren't the best. But I'm trying to do my best with them."
Reply Quote
09/15/2012 09:36 PMPosted by IraqLobster

Sadly I only have three characters that I use in multiple RPs. One did come from a RP that you DMed Lobster. The ones that I had in the other RPs that I did I just didn't have an attachment to. That is part of why I fell out of the original Z+Z.
Reply Quote
09/15/2012 09:38 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
I am now starting to use people who I already used before, but some RP's it's going to be hard to integrate a character that you already have. So sometimes it's just better to make a character for that RP, and sometimes I want to have some more variety and so I don't get bored using the same people over and over again.
That to, yeah. But I like you, you''re pretty awesome. I'm gonna go, guide the others well Crymson Raven.
P.S. Another idea I had was to have a universal roleplaying system for all rps. Like classes and stuff like that system, because Knarled One makes really cool ones, but then someone else makes a totally different one that is also awesome, so it might help and make Character Creation more go towards being interesting, than meeting requirements since people would be used to the same system.
Reply Quote
09/15/2012 09:41 PMPosted by LeKroger

Sadly I only have three characters that I use in multiple RPs. One did come from a RP that you DMed Lobster. The ones that I had in the other RPs that I did I just didn't have an attachment to. That is part of why I fell out of the original Z+Z.
LeKroger, your characters are awesome though. Stop putting yourself down. You're Lekroger.
If you look up Awesome in the Dictionary you're on of the Sites.
Reply Quote
Well it is true with some of the characters I have created. LeKroger from Z+Z was not really well thought out now that I look at him. I don't even remember all of the throw always I made in different RPs that didn't launch real well.

I do not dwell on that. Instead I look at my character like John Flint and Hawk. Flint was almost a throw away until the Crash. Now he is a preferred. Hawk I like just for the simplicity of his use. He is just a regular joe that has special forces training. Jessica I cannot take all the credit for the development. She started under TheCommander's usage before he was overwhelmed by all the side characters he created. I then took her and didn't really use her until PKA.

These three are my preferred characters simple because I like the way I have started to develop them. I do plan on eventually creating others but not anytime soon.
Reply Quote
The only reason I didn't read your thread yet was because I was really tired yesterday XD By what other people say about you, I know your RPs are great, and hope I could bring one of my characters in.

Judging by the feedback I've gotten about two of my characters, they are unique. It's just that no one likes them :S
Reply Quote
I'm sorry, I would join if I had time, I honestly would. But with school starting again, I'm having difficulty keeping up with the two RPs I'm already in, and my computer access isn't always guaranteed. My apologies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]