StarCraft® II

If...

Wraith or Diamondback FTW.

Ah yes, but do you honestly expect such a situation? If so, I take a position and run with it.
Reply Quote
You can't expect anything in doomsday situations. Sides, how many generations do you think you could get out of six people? Combination doesn't matter, when a species gets down to that number, it's screwed.
Reply Quote
G1:
A+B, C+D, E unpartnered (F slaughtered horribly for crimes against humanity)
G2:
A+B, C+D, E, F+G
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Thundercrash
You can't expect anything in doomsday situations. Sides, how many generations do you think you could get out of six people? Combination doesn't matter, when a species gets down to that number, it's screwed.

Not really. It depends on the genders of survivors. As long as there is at least 2 females, and 1 male, the species will repopulate, as long as it doesn't get mauled by predators. The best idea would be to simply not kill anyone. Any motivation to wipe out Humanity, no longer exists without the person's memories.
Assuming each woman can produce and nurture at least 3 children, every ten years, and assuming they can produce children for at least 25 years, the population would slowly build back up.
It would repopulate depending the number of fertile females.
Edited by Fantasy on 9/18/2012 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Genes.
Edited by smylez on 9/18/2012 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Smylez! read the rest of my story and tell me I fail.
Reply Quote
Busy, will respond to the story sometime this week.
Reply Quote
Thank you! Nobody every responds to that cursed story...
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Fantasy

Not really. It depends on the genders of survivors. As long as there is at least 2 females, and 1 male, the species will repopulate, as long as it doesn't get mauled by predators. The best idea would be to simply not kill anyone. Any motivation to wipe out Humanity, no longer exists without the person's memories.
Assuming each woman can produce and nurture at least 3 children, every ten years, and assuming they can produce children for at least 25 years, the population would slowly build back up.
It would repopulate depending the number of fertile females.

And how long would such a population last, given the bottleneck effect, or inbreeding depression?

We can probably argue this for a long time, but I think we would all agree that it would be better to just avoid this situation all together.
Reply Quote
Stories seem to get no limelight, thanks to RPs.
Exception- Jay the Ghost.
Reply Quote
Thats too bad, I enjoy writing, and want to get better. But its hard when nobody reads it.
Reply Quote
That's because she is damn good, everyone knows she's damn good, and she keeps updating her stuff.

Markus, let me tell you something. Just because you don't get comments on a story, doesn't mean nobody is paying attention to it. We don't always lavish compliments. Sometimes we just stay silent, because we find nothing wrong.
Edited by Thundercrash on 9/18/2012 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eArIrH1ICeE&feature=player_embedded

Mules so good.
Reply Quote
lol!

That made my day :P

Noted, Thunder. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Thunder, smylez, Please comment on my story!
I think four people actually gave feedback the entire time it existed. I haven't counted, but it feels that way.
(please?)
Anyways... New topic.
Is the success of an object determined by the popularity of it, or by the quality of the work?
Like the tulip craze, in which bulbs cost the same price as a house. Or maybe the success of...Dare I utter it's name? Twilight. Compaired to other, better written stories.
Edited by Fantasy on 9/18/2012 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Popularity. Quality is just extra (or non-existant). That's how things are generally. Student elections? Popularity contests. I rest mah case.
Reply Quote
Bah. Screw popularity. I am officially liked by no one not in my family (and many of them don't like me either). I'm also a significantly easier person to get along with than most people.
Reply Quote
Success is always governed by popularity, but higher quality work is typically more popular than absolute crap. I haven't read Twilight, and I don't want to, but I regard that as an anomaly. This is why you should always strive for high quality. Most of the time, it gets recognized.
Reply Quote
You find a genie granting you a wish, what will that wish be?
Reply Quote
From wfawwer:

more GENIES
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]