StarCraft® II

Never forget D3. Do not buy before reviews.

D3 was still better than D2 and with all the changes they have made, it is now much better than D2 ever was.

Yeah D3 had something D2 never had, which is actual gameplay.

The thing with D2 was it was a pure low-skill spammer game. If you were a firewall sorceress, all you ever did was spam firewall and drink potions. You got a total of 2 abilities to use, and it just couldn't hold my interest.

I hated the skill point system, even Diablo 1 did a better job, since at least you could switch to different spells. In D2 you just didn't have enough points to make yourself competent at more than one or two things and the majority of your levels were just "I make my gimmick a little more powerful."

D3 at least gives you an arsenal of special abilities to use, which just makes for way better gameplay.

You never Played Diablo 2 Then bro, you can F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8 F9 F10 F11 F12 all your spells into HotKeys, you can pick which spells you wanted to be Short cuted through HotKeys, i always had Ice Orb F1 Blizzard F2 teleport F3 staticshock F4 EngerySheild f5
Thunderstorm F6 all the other sheilds are F7 and F8

My favort class was being a Curse Nerco, Iron Maiden + BloodGolem and then Teeth, bone wall bone sheild Bone spear bone Spirit all shortcuted also,

you were just bad at Diablo 2 you can use over 10 spells if you knew how to Hotkey them
Edited by Swarmling on 9/20/2012 6:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I prefer D2, way better in my opinion.
Reply Quote
I would agree with you but the difference is that Heart Of The Swarm is pretty much the same game as Wings Of Liberty with a few new things added here and there. Where as Diablo 3 was pretty much a whole new game... So if you like Wings Of Liberty... you are probably going to like Heart Of The Swarm since it is the same game.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Moved this thread to "Games, Gaming and Hardware."

Please keep posts in the beta forum focused on beta feedback. Thank you.
Reply Quote
D3 has been pretty awesome IMO...

Then again, I don't hold D2 in the same regard as the fanatics on here...
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 was so disappointing. Blizzard actually choosing profit at the expense of their fans ability to even play the game.
Reply Quote
D3 has been pretty awesome IMO...

Then again, I don't hold D2 in the same regard as the fanatics on here...

Same here. D2 is probably the only Blizzard game I genuinely hate. :/

I think it's a good thing they tried something new with D3; sure, not everything turned out for the best, but in the end, I still ended up enjoying it a lot more than, well, any other isometric ARPG on the market.

And yes, that includes Torchlight II, which I did preorder.
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 Reviews

Edge 9/10
Eurogamer 9/10
G4 4.5/5
Game Informer 9/10
GameSpot 8.5/10
GameSpy
GamesRadar 8/10
IGN 9.5/10
PC Gamer UK 90/100
CheatCodes.com 8.8/10

You fail OP.

The player reviews are much worse though, look on amazon for example. A game has to be really bad to land two stars, especially one with the sheer number of reviews as Diablo 3 is.

This discrepancy isn't unheard of though. The reviewers you quoted above didn't experience the game the same way the players did at the time of release, and that is what really matters because the release version is the game how it truly is.
Reply Quote
Player reviews are generally completely dishonest; Metacritic bombers brought D3's score to 3.7 as a joke.

The good thing about official reviewers is that they are accountable.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 10/8/2012 7:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I got two copies of D3 for $10/ea for my wife and I to play.... Toys "R" Us is liquidating all their PC games, and Best Buy priced match them. Hoping it's worth it :D
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 09:27 AMPosted by CSmith
I got two copies of D3 for $10/ea for my wife and I to play.... Toys "R" Us is liquidating all their PC games, and Best Buy priced match them. Hoping it's worth it :D

While it's not the greatest Diablo game (imo) I think it is well worth $10, especially when you can have a grinding partner.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]