StarCraft® II

Patch 1.5.3 Wont Download

When I try to update Starcraft II it pops up with a window that says "Failed to download a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again." If anyone knows a workaround or fix for this I'd love to hear it.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This sounds like something is interfering with the 1.5.3 update. Can you try some basics?

Power cycle network devices
    1. Unplug your modem and router (if you have one.)
    2. Let them set for 30-60 seconds.
    3. Plug them back in modem first, then the router.
    4. Test

Flush the DNS
    1. Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/ and launch Terminal.
    2. Copy/Paste the following:
    dscacheutil -flushcache3. Press return.
    Note: You will not get any feedback from Terminal if this is done correctly on any OS.
    4. Then go in your Network pref pane => Advanced and click "Renew DHCP lease"
    5. Attempt to connect to the game.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem. At first the problem was this :
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6606351677?page=1&fb_source=message

With the one obvious exception being that my S2-0-23260-WIN-FINAL.MPQ was instead an S2-0-23260-MAC-FINAL.MPQ

Now though, after moving that file to the trash as the Blizzard guy Velnrak suggested, I get prompted with the message, "failed to download a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again"

The basic power cycle networks didn't work, what do you suggest?
Reply Quote
Never mind, my computer and I slept on it and it fixed itself overnight. Didn't change anything, I guess turning the computer off uncorrupted the file or something?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]