Purchasing new laptop but i need help

My gf is getting more into Starcraft 2 and she needs an upgrade definitely ,we plan to buy laptop soon, i know there's some pretty good laptops with Radeon 69xx and up graphics which work pretty well cause my neighbour has one of those but i see some Intel HD i5 laptops working pretty nice as well, Can you help me out by telling me which would be a good pick by letting me know your Windows Experience Score? Her currently laptop has score of 4.0 and it sucks big time when she tries to play and big clashes in fights start.

What's a reasonable Windows Experience Score that i should look for when purchasing laptop?
Reply Quote
It all depends whats ur budget?
Reply Quote
my budget is about $800 bucks, but i just wanna know what's reasonable score to look for and how much graphics it would give you, medium quality or high?
Reply Quote
The WEI score is a terrible way to measure performance. Utilize benchmark scores instead.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 12:10 PMPosted by RollinDice
my budget is about $800 bucks, but i just wanna know what's reasonable score to look for and how much graphics it would give you, medium quality or high?

$800?

Find laptops with i5 or i7 (Ivy Bridge) CPUs with GT 640M. You may have to settle for GT 630M instead.

Ensure 15.6" (17" no good with these budget GPUs).
Reply Quote
Am curious how is this laptop?

http://www.frys.com/product/7162012?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

lenovo y580
i7QM 3rd gen
Nvidia 660m graphics 2 GB
1920x1080 res.

Would this be a good laptop for SC2? Or would it get too hot during extended gaming?
Reply Quote
Not bad. It shouldn't generally get too hot since GTX 660M is Kepler chip (runs cooler than older Fermi chips).
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 02:12 PMPosted by LIA
Utilize benchmark scores instead

Reason why i'm using that score is cause i seeing better performance on my friends systems so i compare those scores and those are generally higher so i would like to know which would be reasonable, if benchmark scores instead, whose benchmarks should i use? a review site?
Reply Quote
see i dont wanna get too much into specifics either if intel hd,radeon or nvidia is better gfx set to use for sc2 i just would like Windows Experience Score to give me guidline
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]