Reply Quote
It's been almost a week and nothing from Blizzard :(
Reply Quote
- Technical Support

Velnrak
Support Forum Agent
Let's try deleting the Battle.net cache folder
Reply Quote
Eld, you're the man. That worked for me.
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 04:47 PMPosted by eld
http://patchup.info/files/sc2/enUS/Product.SC2Archive
Reply Quote
I'm having this error when I'm trying to install the game fresh and none of these options nor the technical support forums seem to provide a solution.
Reply Quote
This worked for me too. one thing I did different was to click the StarCraft II Beta icon on the desktop and not the setup program (2nd time).

Hey guys all you need to do is delete this file

C:/Program Files (x86)/StarCraft II/Mods/Challenges.SC2Mod

You're welcome! :)
Reply Quote
You saved my life ! thx : )
Reply Quote
No need to delete any files. All you need to do is restart the computer. When you close the updater abruptly, this causes zombie threads without a parent running in the background. These threads have mutual exclusion (in other words, a lock) on the files it was previously updating. The operating system (Windows) will not allow a new instance of the updater to have read/write access to them, which causes a deadlock. This is why this error occurs. Restarting Windows will kill the zombie threads, and will allow you to resume your download from where you left off. Hope this helps.
Edited by Aggressor on 2/28/2013 8:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't have a
C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent
folder. And none of the other solutions are working for me. I re-installed it too, but it fixed nothing.
Reply Quote
My solution was in the launcher going help -> repair tool, and using the repair tool. After that no issues.

I tried deleting and reinstalling plenty of the game files and windows installed app files, but this is what handled the problem in the end.
Reply Quote
i am having the same problem with the anti-virus
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What anti-virus do you have, perpleflame? It would probably help to just reinstall the anti-virus program. There have been many cases where an Anti-virus program has become damaged or corrupted over time, and will mistakenly block some connections. A reinstallation usually helps.

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]