StarCraft® II

Laptop questions

Hello everyone. I am looking for an overall good laptop that can run SC2 on ultimate settings. I would be using this for college notes, surfing the internet, but other than that its my second computer that is also portable compared to my desktop. The main function other than school would be gaming. This includes sc2 and league of legends. I have about an 800$ budget and any cheaper would be great but I know graphics and ramare expensive. I would like it to run smoothly and preferably be able to buy it in town instead of online

Here are some that i am looking at and I would like your opinions based on my aforementioned criteria:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+15.6%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive+-+Natural+Silver/5608295.p?id=1218672046425&skuId=5608295

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+14%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive+-+Aluminum+Gray+Hairline/5587561.p?id=1218667451379&skuId=5587561

I am not too savy with laptops versus my desktop so all help appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
Don't buy from bestbuy. Do you have a microcenter nearby? Or can you do shopping online?

Don't focus on ram. Because in fact they are cheap.
Edited by LIA on 9/16/2012 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am looking for an overall good laptop that can run SC2 on ultimate settings. I would be using this for college notes, surfing the internet, but other than that its my second computer that is also portable compared to my desktop. The main function other than school would be gaming. This includes sc2 and league of legends. I have about an 800$ budget and any cheaper would be great but I know graphics and ramare expensive.

That's a bit of a contradiction. Look for something that will run it comfortably on high settings. I got a laptop with 6GB of RAM, 1GB of VRAM (video RAM, so your graphics card), an i7 processor, and a nice 17.3" screen for $1000 two years ago, so you could probably find the same thing for $700 to $800 now (if you get a choice between hard drive space and battery life/weight, go for the one with a better battery, because you can always buy an external hard drive if you actually need that much space).
Reply Quote
I never understood the concept of gaming laptops. First off they are huge and bulky and requires a ton of power which means they need to be plugged in to continuously play games.

A laptop should be something small and light that you can bring anywhere even without an outlet near by. If you want to play games, buy a desktop because it is much cheaper to build and you will be playing games in your room anyways.

But if you have to buy a gaming laptop, you cannot spare any expenses. Either you can buy the Razer Blade gaming laptop or you can go with the ASUS gaming laptop.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]