StarCraft® II

Your top 5 all time favorite games.

1.Mass Effect Trilogy
2.Starcraft 2
3.Portal
4.Call of Duty (Good times were had on those games)
5.Ratchet and Clank
Reply Quote
1. Half Life Trilogy (the first is the best)
2. Starcraft 2
3. Warcraft 3
4. Skyrim
5. eh Minecraft
Reply Quote
No specific order and leaving off Starcraft 2 because that's a given. So this will be my top 5 list of games other than SC2

1. Half-Life series
2. Gabriel Knight 1 & 2
3. King's Quest VI: To Heir is Human
4: Super Mario Bros. 3
5: Grand Theft Auto III
Reply Quote

- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

really? I'm surprised to see this on anyones list
Reply Quote
no particular order

broodwar (best rts of all time)
cod4 (best fps of all time imo)
warcraft 3 (custom games were out of this world)
jade empire (wtf!!?)
starcraft 2
Reply Quote
venom, you are back!
Reply Quote
1. Dragon Age: Origins
2. Starcraft 2
3. Fallout 1, 2, & 3
4. AoE 2 and/or Age of Mythology
5. Portal 1 & 2
Reply Quote
Starcraft II (tied for best rts)
Medieval total war (tied for best rts )
Modern warfare I (best fps ever)
Enemy territory (second best multiplayer fps of all time)
Diablo (easy and relaxing)

Edit: Must add... original settlers
Edited by Quasar on 11/21/2012 12:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/21/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Cloaken
- The Elder Scrolls

- Portal

- StarCraft II

^ me too! :D

Plus...

Half-life
Wing Commander: Privateer (old DOS gem)
Reply Quote
1: Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. Best story I've ever seen in a game, and it was the perfect "best of both worlds" combination of RTS and RPG. It's been ten years now, and I still haven't quite finished nerdgasming over this game.

2: Portal 2. I shouldn't even need to explain all the different ways this game was brilliant.

3: No One Lives Forever: The Operative. I don't think there has ever been a game with as much loving detail, depth, and originality crammed into it as NOLF. I mean, seriously, there was a mission where you fall out of an exploding airplane and have to rip a parachute off an enemy agent while shooting at other enemy agents falling all around you and SERIOUSLY DID I MENTION YOU'RE FALLING OUT OF AN EXPLODING PLANE WITHOUT A PARACHUTE?

4: Starcraft/Starcraft 2: I can't pick a favourite between the two. Each was fantastic in many ways, but also flawed in some ways.

5: Myth II: Soulblighter. Very unique take on the RTS genre that even now, over a decade later, hasn't really been equaled, plus a wonderfully dark and intense story and some of the most legitimately frightening monsters and villains in any game. "Soulblighter, like Balor before him, seeks not to conquer but to destroy; to be master of the unthinking dead and their blasted lands."
Reply Quote
1. Super smash bros melee
2. 007 Goldeneye
3. Red Alert 2
4. Unreal Tournament original/2003
5. Starcraft 2

Honorable mention: Mario Kart series

I think I'm addicted to games with fun multiplayer

Edit: Fun game. Guess the age of the poster based on the games listed.
♥ to those old enough to remember and list wing commander and tie fighter even though they didn't make my list.

Extra mention:
Joust
oregon trail
escape velocity
x-men arcade game
Edited by wraithcube on 11/21/2012 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Warcraft 2. This what began my love for RTS games.
Starcraft
Starcraft 2
Dawn of War 2(really wish it had a larger community. very good game.
Total War Empires
And this is in no particular order.
Reply Quote
I don't think I could bring myself to put them in an order but it would have to be:

-Starcraft broodwar- A classic game I don't know how anyone could not absolutely love it.

-Starcraft 2- Amazing game, the whole reason I'm even on these forums right now at all.

-TES 3 Morrowind- Hands down my favorite RPG of all time, wonderful story and so long as you have it for PC you can add tons of mods to make it better.

-Nethack- I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one that puts this game on their list, this is the single most frustratingly difficult game I've ever played. And I love it more than you can imagine.

-Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time- Honestly just a great game.
Edited by ZeroTheDark on 11/21/2012 12:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Developer
Starcraft
Warcraft
Diablo

Planescape: Torment
Counter-Strike
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Rise of Nations
Reply Quote
IN ORDER

-Warcraft 3 ( not world of warcraft, hate that game). Greatest game to date, wasted over 8 years of my life with a huge amount of passion for the game, Best game ever made. Everything from battlenet 1.0 to teamgames to solo games to custom games to map editing. It had it all .

-Tekken games ( tekken tag tournament 1 is when i was going arcade almost everyday to play against the local tekken gosus) , such passion for that game for about 2 years, The arcade scene for it was massive. Hoards of nerds around a machine queing up with tokens in hand to take on the best. I used to have like 30 game win streaks. Game was awesome and took alot of time to learn.

-Super mario Bros ( the first game i ever played EVER, and i was totally in awe as a child)

-Donkey Kong Country ( the first real game that i noticed was actually VERY GOOD for its time, it had revolutionary graphics at the time, with gameplay to boot.

-Starcraft 2 ( never really played broodwar). This is my current "go to game"Though not as much passion for it as i had for warcraft 3. Its still a good game, Hope HOTS delivers where WOL could not. Im a terran player so hope to see more additions to the race before i hold judgement.
Edited by Incinerate on 11/21/2012 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
No specific order.

Starcraft 1
Starcraft 2
Earthbound
Smash Bros.
Super Mario World
Reply Quote
Master of Orion 1 & 2. THE BESS. So amazing for a kid in elementary school. What could be better than beginning with a decision of choosing one unique race within a teaming sea of diversity to dedicate yourself to before playing at morality on a stage of destiny? Anyone who ever really played these two games played every single race multiple times. This would be alot like playing every character in a fighting game and beating their story, but the difference is there were no unlockables. The game itself was reward enough.

Riven. My middle school days spent with a notebook I took everywhere with hopeful solutions to the puzzles. The music was enthralling, the graphics were AMAZING and the events you could trigger. I remember getting so psyched and pumped up everytime I advanced past another obstacle. Being able to sneak up on the sunners for the first time, or angering the whark. Heart stopping, that was.

DIABLO. I was 13 when I started playing this game (a year after release) and was completely freakin hooked. No game has since imbued such a mood and atmosphere for me. The blizzard games then created a sense of playing inside of a book; theres were stories SEEMING to resides in cover, spine and binding. Call it synesthology but I actually experienced the smell of used books as associated with playing this game. And the music? Low fi magnificence. Sounded like some mysterious person playing on a street corner somewhere, not something compiled on a computer in a studio. And the modelling, my god we were playing with something physical and REAL somewhere!

High School. Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask. Amazing how engrossing three days can be. Added effects and abilities from masks to resolve the impossible in place of sleeping gods. An incredibly emerssive precursor to a freerun world. The best action around. Donning the diety mask for the final fight was the biggest reward as a player.

College. Zone of the Enders 2. The beer pongenest video game around. Pumping buttons, cracking ergonomic combos within the implied weight of AVA, excellent cutscenes amidst trying to figure out the proper conditions to win a fight. Without your wits your mech was merely a taxicab to the stars, your opponents finely trained tacticians with an insatiable bloodlust. A soundtrack that meshed seamlessly to the caffienated adreneline of action on screen that translated to physically bobbing and weaving in your seat, twirling the controller in a spin, throwing it forward for a grab.
Edited by Tozier on 11/21/2012 1:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
1.sc2
2.wc3
3.aoe3
4.halo 4
5.LoL
Reply Quote
Well the only games I own are
1. Starcraft II (also expansion [paid for it already])
2. Red Alert 3 (also expansion)
3. Command and Conquer 3 (also expansion)
4. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
5. C&C: The First Decade (includes all expansions except one that was online-multiplayer-only)

Now, my favorite games I've ever played are:
1. SC2
2. RA3
3. C&C3: Kane's Wrath
4. Alliance of Valiant Arms (free fps)
5. RA2
Edited by Engineer on 11/21/2012 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]